He Is Ridiculous

Reach For The Rainbow

 

 

“Omma, do you like shopping?”

Mrs. Jung smiles.

“Wae Shinhye?”

“Ani. You shops quite a lot.”

“That’s all for you and Eunmi.”

Shinhye widen her eyes.

“For me?”

“Deh. You are a wife and a mom now. You should dress maturely darling.”

Shinhye look at her outfit. A blouse and jeans. She smiles shyly.

“Sorry omma.”

“Aishh. Why are you sorry? It’s nothing. I’m the one who should teach you how to change your appearance.”

Shinhye nods and taps Eunmi’s back.

“We must had walked around for hours. Eunmi was tired.”

“Deh. She sleeps late last night.”

“Gurae? Wae?”

“Molla omma. But she wasn’t crying. Maybe she sleeps long in the afternoon.”

Shinhye smiles when Eunmi stirs.

“She knows we talk about her.”

Mrs. Jung said when her granddaughter opens her eyes yawning.

“Let’s go back neh. I’m sleeping in your house tonight.”

“Chinca? Thank you omma.”

                                                                              ***

Yonghwa walks charmingly. His assistant followed behind him with few files. He enters the meeting room of Kim’s Architecture Company as confident as he always be.

Woobin lifts his head when the door pushed open. He smiles when he saw Yonghwa walking towards him.

Yonghwa too, show him a decent smile as he walks to him. He held out his hand to Woobin for a handshake. Woobin took it gladly.

“Good to see you again Jung Yonghwa.”

Woobin said as he releases his hand.

Yonghwa furrows his eyebrows.

“Sorry, I’m not trying to be rude, but do we know each other?”

Woobin laughs.

“Sorry, sorry. We just see each other during your wedding and I don’t have the chance to introduce myself properly.”

“During my wedding?”

Yonghwa still clueless.

“Yes. I’m Kim Woobin. Shinhye is like my sister and I was the one who handed her to you at the altar.”

Yonghwa thinks a while before he plasters a smile.

“Oh. Mianhamnida. I didn’t realise. Maybe we just see each other at that day.”

“It’s okay. We will see each other often for two months from this day.”

Woobin smiles before he continues.

“Let’s proceed with the agreement or?”

“Sorry. Let’s.”

Yonghwa took his files from his assistant and handed it to Woobin.

“Have a seat Mr. Jung Yonghwa.”

“Don’t be too formal Mr. Kim. We are like family.”

Yonghwa said when he sits in front of Woobin.

Woobin smiles and nods.

“Alright then. I’ll talk comfortably. Let’s go for a cup of coffee after this deal?”

“Glad to.”

                                                                                              ***

“It’s your café?”

Yonghwa said when Woobin came to him with two cup of cappuccino.

“Yes. I love coffee. And I’m sure most of us love it right?”

“Yeh. I’m so into it too.”

Yonghwa taste his coffee.

“You sure have the talent Woobin ssi. This is good.”

“Thank you for the compliment and you can just call me hyung Yonghwa.”

“Okay. So, when did you start knowing Shinhye?”

Yonghwa wants to know about her background so that he can be more careful with her. His mother won’t tell him properly. Since Woobin is a dear friend of Shinhye, he is sure he can know a lot of her. That is why he tries to be friendly with him.

“Shinhye didn’t tell you about me? Aish that girl. He completely forgets me after married.”

Woobin laughs.

“She didn’t contact you?”

“No. But I can understand. She didn’t depend on people, I’m sure she needs time to adapt to her new role as your wife.”

Woobin smiles while Yonghwa forces a smile on his face.

“I met Shinhye in high school. She is a junior in my club. I was the president that time. We get close in short time. She is a good manner girl. She studies hard. She will do her best in anything and push herself to gain her target. She will not give up easily.”

Yonghwa shows like he is excited of knowing his wife’s character.

Woobin drank his coffee before he continues.

“Even though she is lot younger than me, she thinks positives at any situation.”

Woobin smiles as he speaks about Shinhye. Yonghwa smiles too but not wholeheartedly.

“Hyung, did she have anything she dislikes?”

Woobin thinks for a while before he shakes his head.

“Not really.”

“What about her personal life? Did she share it with you too?”

Woobin raises his eyebrows and smiles.

“Do you want to know about her love life?”

Yonghwa chuckles.

“Am I too obvious?”

Woobin laughs.

“She didn’t involve in any love line, so she hasn’t any experience on it. Many guy her age sent her love letters and stuff but she wasn’t paying attention on it. She wanted to further her study first before she thinks about love and marriage. That’s why I am so surprised when she says she will marry you. A man with a baby.”

Yonghwa stops smiling. Woobin who realise he speaks overboard stops smiling too.

“Sorry Yonghwa. I didn’t mean to.”

“Kenchana. Did she say anything about me to you?”

“Nothing. I’ve told you we’re not in contact since the day you were married.”

Yonghwa nods and smiles.

“Call her hyung. I won’t think wrongly if you do. You are like her own brother. Maybe you should come to our house too.”

“I’ll come if I have time.”

Yonghwa smiles.

“Why didn’t you just focus on the company hyung? Won’t you be tired for managing this café as well as the company?”

“I’m just helping my dad for two months. He went to Peru. But since I’m the one who signs the contracts with you, I’ll be the one who manages the building. Don’t worry. I have certificates on it.”

Woobin laughs. Yonghwa nods and smiles.

“Hyung, I better get going now.”

“Okay. We’ll talk again someday.”

“Okay hyung. Have a nice day ahead.”

Yonghwa took his coat and let the smile lingering on his face until he gets into this car.

“Is he your secret lover Shinhye? He seems so happy when he talks about you.”

Yonghwa smirk and starts the engine.

                                                                                              ***

“Shinhye, you should get Eunmi to sleep. I’ll help to prepare the ingredients.”

“Omma, sorry. I should be the one who cooks for you.”

“Kenchana. Go on.”

Shinhye then walks up to her room. She bathes Eunmi before she fed her with milk. She then lay her down on her bed. Shinhye took the space beside Eunmi. She lies down and supports her head with her left hand. She pats Eunmi lightly while humming a lullaby.

Yonghwa walks into his house with anger. He went straightly to the kitchen when he heard noises. He is sure that Shinhye is in the kitchen.

“Are you cheating on my back?”

He spits the word as soon as he entered the kitchen.

He was dumbfounded when he found not Shinhye but Mrs. Jung in his kitchen.

“Om.. Omma.”

He said stuttering.

“Who is cheating on whom Yonghwa?”

Yonghwa didn’t answers. He can’t because he knows he was being ridiculous.

“When did you come omma? Where is Shinhye?”

“I’m staying here for few days as your appa wasn’t home.”

Mrs. Jung continues her works.

“She is in her room, tending YOUR daughter.”

Mrs. Jung emphasizes the word ‘your’.

“Treat her nice Yonghwa. She is your wife. You really disappoint me with this kind of attitude.”

“Omma. I just.”

“She is a nice girl Yonghwa. She pushes her dreams asides to be your daughter’s omma. I’ve tell this repeatedly to you. She isn’t the same with Yoomi. Shinhye is an angel.”

“Yoomi is too. She is an angle in the beginning. She shows us her unconditional love every time. But at last, she ran away with that guy. A guy that I treat like a brother. I never doubt her friendship and closeness with him, I never omma.”

Yonghwa pour it out. He sits on the chair at the kitchen counter and palms his face.

“I know it’s hard for you. But, don’t pour your anger towards Shinhye. She is innocent Yong.”

“I can’t control it omma. It’s hard. I just hate women. Especially women of her age.”

Shinhye wipes her tears as she heard Yonghwa’s words.

She was planning to help Mrs. Jung in the kitchen when she heard they argue. She wants to leave them alone but she stays behind the wall when she heard her name being mention.

“Woobin oppa. I really need you right now.”

Shinhye thoughts and wiped her remaining tears.

She then went upstairs to her room. She needs to washes her tears away so that Mrs. Jung won’t realize her crying.