She Agree

Reach For The Rainbow

 

 

“Oppa.”

“Deh Shin. You came. Sit down first neh. I’ll be back after I clear this account.”

Shinhye walks to an empty table and sat down. Woobin joins her after a while with a glass og orange juice.

“Have you decides?”

Shinhye nods. She sighs. Woobin wrinkles his forehead.

“Waegurae? I thought you had made a decision.”

“I am oppa. But, I’m not so sure. That’s why I came. I need your opinion on it.”

“Sure.”

“I’m thinking of Eunmi and Mrs. Jung all night.”

She pauses and look at Woobin.

“I’m going to say yes.”

Woobin nods and smiles.

“That’s good answer right. Why do you need my opinion? I definitely will support you.”

“Is it oppa?”

“Deh. I know you won’t decline it. I know how much you care for the people who don’t have a mother. You show it to me.”

Shinhye smiles. Talking to woobin really make her feel at ease.

“When will you give your answer to Mrs. Jung?”

“She will com e to meet Madam Lee tomorrow, I think I’ll tell her then.”

Woobin nods few times.

“Oppa, I’ll be going now.”

“That was soon.”

“I have something to do. Ye jin had found herself a work, I need to do extra work now.”

She smiles.

“Ah really? Send her my congratulary message neh.”

“Deh oppa. thanks for your time.”

                                                                              ***

“Mrs. Jung.”

Mrs. Jung plasters a smile when she saw Shinhye walks to her.

“Shinhye ya.”

She bows to Mrs. Jung and smiles sweetly at her.

“I thought you will come tomorrow.”

“I have an important thing to do around this area, so, I stop by for a while. but where are you from?”

Mrs. Jung asks when she saw Shinhye all dress up.

“I met Woobin oppa.”

Mrs. Jung nods.

“Let’s go in Mrs. Jung. I want to tell you something too.”

She smiles.

                                                                                              ***

Yonghwa tries to focus on his works but he can’t. He was facing the same page from an hour ago. He thinks about the marriage over and over again. Part of him doesn’t want it but a part of him wants it to happen because of Eunmi. His mother was right. Eunmi needs love from a mother figure, not from a nanny or grandmother.

He had agreed to it too. But, his mind was having a hard time to accept his decisions. He lean his head to his chair and shuts his eyes.

He wake up from his long thought when he heard a knock on his door.

“Come in.”

“CEO, busy?”

Kang Minhyuk, Yonghwa’s dearest friend walks and took a seat in front of him.

“Minhyuk ah, don’t call me that.”

“But you are a CEO hyung.”

“Ara. But not when it’s you or the boys.”

Yonghwa sit down properly and put away his files.

“You seem aged from last time I saw you, what’s wrong hyung?”

Yonghwa sighs.

“You came at the right time Minhyuk. I have a problem.”

“What is it now? Did she make any chaos?”

“It’s not because of Yoomi.”

“If she didn’t cause any problem, who is it?”

“It’s not that kind of problem. Hear me first can you?”

“Okay, speak.”

“Omma asks me to marry again, so that my wife will take good care of Eunmi.”

“That’s a good idea hyung. Why do you think that as a problem?”

“You know how I trusted Yoomi before right? But still she betrays me. Eunmi is just 2 months old at that time. We still haven’t celebrates her 100th day when she leaves me.”

Yonghwa sighs, louder this time. Minhyuk remain silent. He gives Yonghwa space to pour all his feeling.

“And after 6 months, omma asks me to get married again. What do I do Hyuk ah?”

“Hyung, have you given your answer?”

“I’ve said yes.”

“So, just go with it hyung. Give your new wife a chance. Who knows she is a lot better than Yoomi ssi.”

“But, I don’t want to put my trust on any woman again.”

Minhyuk sigh.

“Then don’t put your whole trust in her.”

Yonghwa look at Minhyuk with confuse face.

“You mean?”

“You don’t know her right? Get to know her then. Do it after your marriage. Don’t judge a book by its cover hyung.”

Yonghwa nods.

“Thanks for relieving my burden. I can’t focus on my works since morning.”

“It’s okay hyung. Just remember one thing. Eomonim won’t pick the wrong woman.”

Minhyuk stands up.

“Where are you going?”

“I want to ask you out for lunch, but you seem busy with those files. Next time maybe.”

He winks before he heads out.

Yonghwa took his files and flips it. Suddenly, his hatred towards his ex-wife occurs again.

“Who could it be? My poor future wife?”

Yonghwa smirks.

                                                                                              ***

Shinhye put a cup of coffee in front of Mrs. Jung. She takes the sleeping Eunmi from her hands and lie her down on the sofa.

Mrs. Jung waits patiently for Shinhye to start. She sips her coffee calmly.

“Your coffee is getting better by the day.”

“Chinca? I learn it from Woobin oppa.”

She smiles sweetly.

“Mrs. Jung, about what you propose yesterday.”

Shinhye paused and sit beside her. She took the elder woman’s hand and holds it. She smiles.

“My answer is.”

She turns to have a glance at Eunmi before she shifts her view to Mrs. Jung.

“Yes.”

Slowly, Mrs. Jung’s face lit up. She pulls Shinhye into a hug.

“Thank you Shinhye ya. Thank you so much.”

She releases her and put her palm on her cheek.

“You don’t know how much I pray for you to say yes.”

She wipes the tear off her face.

“Have you told Yonghwa ssi that you asked for my hand for the marriage?”

“He doesn’t know that it was you.”

“What will he say if he knew?”

“He won’t say anything. He had agreed for this marriage too.”

Shinhye smiles and turn her view at Eunmi.

“Shinhye ya, I kew from your gesture that you agreed to this solely because of Eunmi right?”

Shinhye quickly turn her head to Mrs. Jung.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m older than you are, I knew it from the start. But, for whatever the reason is, I’m happy that you agree. Eunmi will get a loving omma.”

She squeezes Shinhye’s hand.

Shinhye can only smile.

Mrs. Jung was right. She thinks all night about what Mrs. Jung propose to her.

When her conscious mind tells her to rejects it, her heart cannot agree to it. Eunmi’s face and her small fingers that love to play with hers always appear before her eyes. That is why she makes this decision.

She will marry Yonghwa for Eunmi. Only for Eunmi. She can’t bear to see a small creature like her grow up without a mother’s love.