Cold-Hearted Jung Yonghwa

Reach For The Rainbow

 

 

“I had called omma. She will be back in two days time.”

Yonghwa said that night. Shinhye was feeling uncomfortable with Yonghwa in there. She can’t sit or walk properly. It was like her every step was being observed by him.

“Deh.”

She answers in low voice. She didn’t take her eyes on Eunmi at all. Too afraid to face her husband.

Yonghwa then walks to the bed and kisses Eunmi’s forehead.

“I’ll come back tomorrow.”

He said and walks out.

Shinhye smiles when she looks at Eunmi.

“It’s the first time your appa talk normally to me Eunmi ya.”

She caresses her cheek.

“Sleep well my princess. Get well soon. Omma really miss your smiling face sweetheart.”

                                                                              ***

It was the second day since Eunmi was warded. Shinhye took care of her day and night without getting proper rest and sleep. She wasn’t eating in time too.

Eunmi’s condition getting a lot better since the first day she was hospitalized to Shinhye’s relief.

Shinhye went inside the bathroom to wash up before Eunmi wakes up. When she comes out of the bathroom, Woobin was sitting on the chair. He smiles brightly when he see Shinhye.

“Oppa.”

Shinhye walks to him and sit on his side.

“How did you know that I’m here?”

“Yonghwa told me. I met him this morning.”

Shinhye nods.

“How is the princess?”

“She had got better oppa.”

Shinhye sighs and lowered her head.

“It was really hurt to see her lying there with those wires oppa.”

“She will get well soon Shin. Be strong.”

Shinhye plasters a weak smile.

“Have you eaten?”

Woobin asks in concern.

Shinhye nods.

“What did you eat?”

Woobin asks again. He can sense that Shinhye was lying. She was so drained out. Her eye bag can be seen clearly and she looks pale.

Shinhye smiles again.

“I can’t lie to you right oppa? I’ll eat later.”

“Didn’t Yonghwa buy you anything?”

She just smiles.

Woobin sighs and glances at his wrists before he stands up.

“I’ll buy you something.”

He walks out before Shinhye can stop him. She sighs and walks to Eunmi. She stirs and look at Shinhye with her round eyes.

“Eunmi my baby, you are awake?”

Eunmi smiles brightly when she sees Shinhye.

“Do you get enough sleep sweetie?”

She caresses her chubby cheek.

“Eunmi ya, how I miss to hug you like always. Palli recover neh.”

Shinhye kisses her cheek and smiles.

Woobin comes in after few minutes.

“Shinhye, come here and eat this. I’ve bought you some bread.”

Shinhye turn to Woobin and smiles.

“I’ll eat it later oppa. Eunmi just woke up.”

Woobin stands and walk to them.

“Oh. Uri pretty princess had woke up.”

“Hyung, when did you come?”

Yonghwa walks in the ward with wide smile plasters on his face.

“Oh Yonghwa. I just came.”

“Sorry I was late Shinhye. How is our daughter doing?”

Yonghwa asks sweetly to Shinhye which make her heart twists in pain.

“Oppa really is a great actor. How can he pretend like that in front of Woobin oppa?”

She thought while trying to smile.

“She just wake up oppa.”

She answers shortly. Shinhye tries to stand up to give space for Yonghwa to sit beside Eunmi but suddenly she feels dizzy. Woobin who stands besides her quickly held her worrily.

“Shin ah, waegurae? Kenchana?”

Shinhye massages her forehead while trying to get out Woobin’s hold.

“I’m okay oppa.”

Sensing that Shinhye was struggling to releases herself from his hold, Woobin releases her but still hold on her shoulder.

Yonghwa fists his hand before he went to lift Shinhye in his arm.

Woobin was left dumbfounded when Yonghwa walks to the sofa and put her down.

His gaze was enough to make Shinhye know that he doesn’t like how Woobin care about her.

“I had told you that you should have some rest.”

He said in a sweet tone again. Pretend that he is really concern of her.

Shinhye feels like she wanted to cry at that moment. She can accept Yonghwa being mean with her but she really can’t accept his pretendence in front of Woobin.

“I’m okay.”

She answers weakly.

Woobin who just be the observer a while ago walks to them.

“You did not eat or sleep. And you called that okay Shin? Yonghwa, you should look after her too. I see that she is too tired. You should check if she eats or not.”

Woobin then look at Shinhye who was leaning on the sofa.

“You need to be healthy to take care of other Shin ah.”

Woobin taps her hair.

“I’ll get going. I still have work to be done. Take care.”

Yonghwa stands up and walks with Woobin to the door. He then walks inside and sits beside Shinhye.

“Are you reporting about me to you oppa?”

He ask with a stern voice.

“Ani.”

“Good. I don’t want him to know what's going on between us.”

Shinhye nods.

“Why are you looking that pale? Are you sick?”

“Ani.”

She answers simply.

“Eat something. Omma will arrive in about two hour’s time. Don’t show her that face when she came.”

Yonghwa look inside the plastic bag on the table. He take out the bread and milk and shoves it in Shinhye’s hand.

“Eat.”

“I’ll eat later. I need to tend to Eunmi.”

“Eat.”

He said louder.

“I will ask the nurse to take care of her. Make sure you were eating when I come back.”

With that Yonghwa stands and walk out.

Shinhye tear the plastic and take out the bread. She takes a small bite of it and wipes her tears.

“He uses his authorities even to make me eat.”

She murmurs sadly. Her vision blurs with tears. She wipes the tears quickly when Yonghwa push open the door.

He glances at her before he walks to Eunmi with a nurse.

They talk for a while before Yonghwa smiles to the nurse and walks to Shinhye.

“I’ve asked her to take care of Eunmi. Eat slowly. I don’t want you to choke on your food. Take a nap after you eat and make sure you do it.”

Shinhye nods again.

“I need to get back to office to sign a paper. I’ll be back shortly. Don’t try to fool me that you are sleeping. I’ve ask the nurse to make sure you sleep.”

He said in a serious tone again.

“Deh.”

She answers weakly.

Yonghwa walks out of the room when he was satisfied with her answers.

Shinhye sighs, a bit loud that the nurse turns her head to her.

“Mrs. Jung, are you alright?”

“Deh kenchana.”

She smiles.

“You can take your nap now Mrs. Jung. I will tend to Eunmi.”

“Won’t it be a burden to you?”

“Kenchana. You look tired. You should take a rest.”

“Kamsahamnida. Can you help wake me up after an hour?”

“Sure.”

Shinhye walks to the spare bed on the room and lay herself down. She was tired, really tired, but Eunmi need her more than she need sleep. Since there is someone who can look after her, she can sleep with a little ease.

                                                                                              ***

“Mrs. Jung.”

The nurse called her name slowly. Shinhye rubs her eyes and open it slowly.

“Has it been an hour?”

Shinhye asks when she put on her slippers.

“Ani. It had been two hours. Mr. Jung came after you fall asleep. He takes care of Eunmi. He just left 15 minutes ago and he asked me to wake you up after 20 minutes because he went to fetch your in-laws.”

“Is it? Thank you miss.”

“You are welcome Mrs. Jung.”

She bows before she left her. Shinhye walks to Eunmi and smiles when the little creature moves a bit before she sleeps again.

She caresses her hand that was injected with a needle before placing a kiss on it.

“I better wash up before omma and appa arrives.”

Shinhye said and walks into the bathroom with a fresh cloth hanging on her shoulder.

 

 

 

Sorry that Yonghwa still doesn't change like you all wanted...

Good night everyone... ^_^