Discharge

Reach For The Rainbow

 

“Shin.”

Woobin walks in the room with a bright smile.

Shinhye lifts up her head and smiles widely.

“Oppa.”

She exclaimed. Woobin walks to her and sits beside her.

“Are you alone?”

“Ani. I’m with omma. She went home a while ago to change her clothes.”

Woobin nods.

“How is Eunmi?”

“She can be discharge tomorrow.”

She answers happily.

“Chinca?”

“Deh.”

Woobin looks around the room.

“Where is Yonghwa?”

“He is in the office oppa.”

Woobin wrinkles his forehead.

“Minhyuk said he’s not in when I went to his office earlier. I came here thinking that I will see him.”

“Really? Maybe he had something to do oppa.”

She answers calmly.

“Shin ya.”

His tone was slow and full of concern. Shinhye turns to Woobin. She smiles.

“Deh oppa.”

“Did you two fight?”

Shinhye feels like she wants to laughs out loud at Woobin’s question. They did not even talk to each other, how can they fight?

“Ani oppa. Why are you asking that?”

“Because you don’t know where he goes.”

“Oppa. Yonghwa oppa must forgot to tell me where he want to go. He will be here later. He accompany Eunmi at night.”

Shinhye lied, a perfect lie that Woobin can’t trace.

“It’s a relief if you didn’t fight. I just don’t want you to suffer Shin.”

“I won’t oppa. Yonghwa oppa is a good man. My in-laws love me so much and I have Eunmi too. I’m happy.”

She answers as she walks to Eunmi who had woken up. She carries her in her arms and walks to Woobin.

“They had removes the drips?”

“Deh. They will give the antibiotic by injection tomorrow.”

“Eunmi, annyeong. I’m Woobin oppa.”

Woobin said with a little laugh.

“Aish oppa. It’s uncle for you Eunmi.”

Shinhye too, smiles at Woobin joke.

“She is still sleepy Shin.”

Woobin said when she sees Eunmi leans onto Shinhye chest.

“Ani oppa. She had enough sleep. She just likes to snuggle onto me.”

Shinhye laughs and pats the little girl back.

Woobin nods and leans his back on the sofa.

“Wae oppa? Tired?”

“Deh. Dad leaves lots of work to me. I thought that I will just look after the company but it seems that I need to settle few projects too.”

“Aish oppa, don’t be too picky.”

She said with a smile.

Yonghwa walks in the room with a paper bag. He looks at Shinhye and Woobin who were sitting on the sofa of the room. Shinhye who was smiling look at him nervously.

He smiles to Woobin and her.

“Hyung.”

He said and walks to them. He caresses Eunmi’s cheek and kisses it.

Shinhye’s heart beat faster than usual. She never had been this close to Yonghwa.

Yonghwa lifts his head and smiles at Shinhye before he sits on the sofa opposites on them.

“I had bought dinner for you.”

He said before he shifts his view to Woobin.

“When did you come hyung?”

“Just now. I think I can see you here.”

“Wae? Is something wrong with the building?”

“Ani. I just want to discuss about the first floor. Minhyuk said that you want to make a change.”

Yonghwa wrinkles his forehead before he nods.

“Ah yes. I’ll see you in your office tomorrow hyung. It’s just a little change.”

“Okay. I thought it was a big thing. So, I’ll get going now.”

Woobin laughs.

“Shin, I’ll leave now. Still need to check on the café.”

Shinhye smiles and nods unwillingly. She really hopes that Woobin will stay longer there. She doesn’t want to be in the same room with Yonghwa. She is afraid of him. He changes his attitude really fast.

“Drive carefully oppa.”

She said with a little smile.

Woobin nods and caresses Eunmi’s hair.

“Take care Shin. Annyeong.”

Yonghwa walks with him to the door. He then came to Shinhye and sits near her.

“Give Eunmi to me. Take your dinner.”

Yonghwa said in a calm tone. A really rare tone of Yonghwa. He take off his coat and put it on the sofa.

“Kenchana oppa. I’ll wait for omma.”

“Omma will be late. Just eat.”

He said and took Eunmi from Shinhye’s hold. Yonghwa lie down on the spare bed. He places Eunmi on his stomach and play with her. The little creature giggles when Yonghwa tickles her playfully.

Shinhye smiles and took the plastic bag. She still needs to eat, even if it was Yonghwa who bought the foods. She ignores them for a while and feed her empty stomach.

Yonghwa glance at Shinhye who was eating happily.

He turns his view to Eunmi and smiles.

                                                                                              ***

“Stay in this room dear. Your appa forget to buy a new cot, should we go and buy it later?”

“Kenchana omma. Eunmi can sleep with me, on the bed.”

“Chinca?”

Shinhye smiles.

“Okay. Do you want to freshen up first?”

She nods.

“Okay. I’ll leave you alone then. Take your time neh.”

“Deh omma. Thanks.”

Mrs. Jung pats her shoulder and walks out.

Shinhye open up her bag and took out a dress. She takes along a towel and her toiletries with her when she went into the bathroom.

“Since oppa is with Eunmi now, I can take time to pamper myself.”

She smiles and fills the tub with warm water. She immerses her body in the water and closes her eyes. She was tired, very tired. She wasn’t getting enough rest from the day Eunmi was hospitalized. The warmth of the water gives her a calm sensation. She can breathe calmly now as Eunmi had recovers.

She spends almost 30 minutes in the tub, because she fell asleep. Good thing that someone knock at the door that she woke up.

She clumsily wraps the towel around her body and walks to open the bathroom door.

“Deh omma.”

She walks out with water dripping from her hair and body thinking that the one who knocks the door is Mrs. Jung.

She was shocked, completely shocked when the person who stands in front of the door is Yonghwa, who was staring at her from head to toe. She grip tighter on the towel in front of her chest, stopping it from falling down.

“Are you sleeping in there? I was knocking many times.”

He says with an indifferent expressions. Shinhye’s face crept into a crimson red.

“Why did you call me oppa?”

“Omma ask you to come down.”

“I’ll be down in a while.”

Yonghwa hum for a reply before he once again look at Shinhye’s face.

“Dress first before you go down.”

He chuckles and turns around before he walks out of the room.

Shinhye blush more. She walks quickly into the bathroom and dries herself and get dressed.

She combs her long hair and put a pin on it. She giggles when she sees her reflections in the mirror. The pin makes her looks like a school girl.

She removes it from her hair and walks down.

She peeks on the living room as she walks down the stairs. Yonghwa was not there. She peek outside to checks on Yonghwa’s car and frowns when it’s still there.

She walks to the kitchen slowly.

“Sorry omma. I took long time.”

“Oh Shinhye. Come eat.”

She looks around searching for Yonghwa but he’s not there. Eunmi is playing in her chair alone too.

“Omma, where is oppa?”

“Ah, he went to the office. He said that he has to meet Woobin for the new building projects.”

“But I saw his car outside.”

“It won’t start, so he went there with appa.”

Shinhye nods and smiles.

“Do you cook all these omma?”

“Deh. i make all these specialy for you. It’s all healthy food. You need to eat a lot so that you can gain your energy again.”

Mrs. Jung joins Shinhye on the dining table.

“Eunmi had eaten?”

She asks while looking at her. Eunmi was laughing when funny sounds is heard from her toy piano.

“She eats a while ago.”

Shinhye smiles and thanks Mrs. Jung once again.

“Eat dear. I want your cheek become chubby like it used to. I don’t like it when your cheeks bone was too obvious.”

Mrs. Jung nags at her. Shinhye smiles. Mrs. Jung really cares about her. She is a great mother in-law and she really loves her.

“Deh omma. I’ll do as you say.”

“Don’t think anything about Yonghwa and your house. Stay here for a week or two. Let your body and mind rest neh.”

Shinhye nods while eating.

Mrs. Jung is serious when she said that. It means that she had lost her patience in handling Yonghwa’s cold heart. It has been three months since they were married but he still shows his bad side to Shinhye. Shinhye had grown thinner and her bright smiles disappear at once. She needs to be a bit harsh to him, so that Yonghwa will realize his mistakes.

                                                                                              ***

Shinhye pats Eunmi’s back and hums a lullaby for her to sleep. She takes longer time to sleep tonight. Shinhye’s eyes were very sleepy. She glances on the wall clock. It’s near 11.30 p.m.

“Eunmi ya. Why you don’t want to sleep? Sleep neh sweetie, omma is tired.”

Eunmi giggles as response. Shinhye smiles.

Suddenly her bedroom door were opened slowly from outside. Yonghwa comes in wearing his tired looks. Shinhye look at him without blinking. He took a towel after he removes his clothes. He walks inside the bathroom and walks out few minutes after. He opened the cupboard and took out a pillow and a blanket before he walks to the couch and lie down on it.

She mouth forms an ‘O’ when she heard smooth snore sounds comes Yonghwa.

“He falls asleep that easy?”

Shinhye stares at him long enough before she turns her view to Eunmi. She stops smiling and giggling; maybe she is tired now.

“Hmm, can’t he greet me when he come in Eunmi?”

Shinhye sighs and pulls up the blanket.

                                                                                              ***

“Minhyuk ssi. What did you do here?”

Shinhye walks down the stairs with Eunmi in her hands.

“Can’t I come here? I know Eomonim long enough for me to come and play here.”

“Sorry it’s not what I mean.”

“Kenchana. I’m joking.”

“So, how is Eunmi doing?”

“She is fine Minhyuk ssi. But still, she was taking her medications and antibiotics.”

Minhyuk nods several times.

“Where is auntie?”

Shinhye smiles and put Eunmi inside her chair before she answers.

“Omma went to the market. Do you want anything to drink Minhyuk ssi?”

“Emm, I miss your coffee really bad. Can you make me one?”

Shinhye nods and walks to the kitchen.

She came back with a cup of coffee in her hand.

He wasn’t saying anything, so was Shinhye. Minhyuk enjoys his coffee quietly.

“I’ll take my leave first Shinhye. Take care.”

Shinhye shows a force smile before he went out.

“What did he want from you?”

Yonghwa ask suddenly. Shinhye was startled. She just decided to walk to the reading room with Eunmi when she heard he talks.

“He doesn’t states the reason.”

She lowered her head and answers him.

“Don’t talk too much to him.”

He said in a stern voice and walks upstairs.

“Damn Minhyuk.”

Yonghwa curses him when he takes his bags. He then walks downstair.

“I’ll be going home. Remember, don’t talk too much to him.”

 

 

 

Longer chapter...

Why is he behaving like that?

I’ll reveal it in the next chapter…

^_^