He Agree

Reach For The Rainbow

 

 

“Mrs. Jung, the kids said that you want to meet me.”

Shinhye smiles sweetly at the older woman. Mrs. Jung smiles tenderly at her before patting the vacant seat beside her.

Shinhye took the seat.

“Shinhye. I want to talk to you.”

“Talk? What is it Mrs. Jung. You look serious.”

Mrs. Jung sighs.

“My son.”

She paused and stares at Shinhye.

“He is not the same Yonghwa now.”

Shinhye listens to her thoroughly. She knows Jung Yonghwa. She met him several times when he came with Mrs. Jung during her high school days.

Shinhye squeezes Mrs. Jung hand.

“What happen?”

“His wife, she ran away with her lover.”

Shinhye widen her eyes. The delicate wife of Yonghwa cheats on him? She can’t get that in her mind.

“Unni did?”

Mrs.Jung wipes her tears with her other hand.

“Deh. Shinhye, what do you think of him? Do you like my son?”

Once again Shinhye was shocked. The question makes her heart stops for a second.

“What are you saying Mrs. Jung? Why would I like Yonghwa ssi?”

“You don’t?”

“I respect him as your son, because you are too dear to me. But I never had any feeling for him.”

Mrs. Jung turns gloom. She really hopes that Shinhye likes her son. She thought so.

“Is something matter?”

“Aniya. Nothing is matter.”

She wants to ask further but Mrs. Jung condition halts her from doing it so. She just let her cry her heart out and consoles her afterwards.

After half an hour, Mrs. Jung excuses herself. Shinhye went back to her room.

“Why did this thing happen to Yonghwa ssi. Unni is a good woman. Why did she do that to Yonghwa ssi?”

Shinhye mumbles alone.

“What are you doing talking to you self Shin?”

Her roommate, Ye Jin took a seat beside her.

“Nothing. I just think of something. Where have you been since morning?”

She rolls her eyes.

“I go for a job interview. What happen Shin? You are the one who wish me luck.”

Shinhye smiles shyly.

“Sorry.”

She answers short.

“Kenchana. I want to see Madam Lee for a while.”

“Deh.”

                                                                                              ***

“Why? Why I should get marry? Do you want me to be dumped again?”

Yonghwa was talking with a high pitch voice. His mother was unreasonable.

“Lower your tone Yonghwa. You are talking to your mother.”

Mr.Jung said with a stern voice, reminding Yonghwa that he had go beyond his limit.

Yonghwa bows his head.

“Mian omma.”

“It’s okay. I can understand you. You are not in your usual self. You are not my son Yonghwa right now. You are changing.”

Mrs. Jung answers calmly. She needs to talk to him in a calm atmosphere.

“Omma. I’m still the old Yonghwa.”

Mrs. Jung shakes her head gaining furrows on Yonghwa’s eyebrows.

“My Yong will never raise his tone with me. He will never talk rudely to me even when he is in his worst mood.”

She still remains calm. Mr. Jung was keeping his mouth shuts too. In this situation, his wife is the perfect one to talk to their son.

“Sorry omma. I didn’t realise it.”

“You will listen to my request if you are really sorry.”

“By getting married once again?”

Mrs. Jung nods her head.

“I can’t omma. Having Eunmi in my life is enough. I don’t care of anything else.”

Yonghwa answers stubbornly. Mrs. Jung looks at her husband, signaling him to join her in persuading their only son.

“What if Eunmi is taken from you?”

Mr. Jung asks him.

“Who will?”

“She. Don’t you think one day she will take her from you? She is her mother.”

Yonghwa gritted his teeth.

“She wouldn’t dare. She has to face me if she wanted to take Eunmi.”

Mr. Jung walks to him.

“Yonghwa, there is courts and law. She is her mother by law. She can get the rights on Eunmi easily even though she is a Jung.”

Yonghwa slumped down on the sofa. He runs his fingers on his well-trim hair.

“What if the girl does the same thing as her? What if she betray me too?”

Mrs. Jung lit up a smile.  Yonghwa has loosen up a little.

“She won’t. She is an angel Yonghwa. She will be the perfect omma for Eunmi.”

“Have you told her about the marriage?”

“Not yet. I’ll tell her if you agree.”

Yonghwa throw his head backwards. He massages his forehead and gives the marriage thing a thought. He has to do it. He can’t afford losing Eunmi. Eunmi is his life. He can’t imagine his life if his ex-wife take her away from him.

Yonghwa sighs, loud enough for his parents to hear him.

“I’ll marry her.”

He answers and walk to his princess room.

                                                                                              ***

“Mrs. Jung is looking for you noona.”

“Kamsahamnida Hyun Sukkie.”

The 10 years old boy ran out to the playground. Shinhye cleans her table and walks to the guests room of the Orphanage.

“Annyeonghamnida Mrs. Jung. Oh. Eunmi is here too.”

Shinhye smiles happily as she saw Eunmi in Mrs. Jung arms.

“Deh. Uri Eunmi misses you.”

Shinhye kisses her cheeks before she sits next to them.

“Shinhye ya, did I interrupt your work?”

“Ani Mrs. Jung. I have nothing to do.”

“Gurae? Do you have anything to do next? I’m planning to take you out.”

Shinhye thinks for a while and shakes her head.

“I’m free for today. Where will we be going?”

Mrs. Jung just smiles for an answer.