Her Life

Reach For The Rainbow

 

 

 

“Oppa, let’s have breakfast.”

Shinhye shows her prettiest smile at her husband who was walking down the stairs.

Yonghwa glances at her and then at the dining table.

“Where is Eunmi?”

He asks with a straight face. Shinhye smiles when she answers.

“Eunmi is still sleeping oppa. She wakes up at 5.00 a.m earlier, after I feed her with milk, she fall asleep again.”

She answers excitedly. It was her first night sleeping with Eunmi, and she loves it so much. All about Eunmi really caught her heart. She is adorable.

“Hmm.”

Yonghwa answers simply and sit down. He ate his breakfast silently. He walks up to Shinhye’s room to see his daughter.

He smiles when Eunmi moves on her bed. He lifts her up and kiss his daughter before he walks down with her.

Shinhye walks to them in the living room after she cleans up the table. She smiles when she saw Yonghwa playing with Eunmi.

“Oh. She is awake?”

Yonghwa’s laughter fades when he saw Shinhye coming to them.

“Yes. What are you doing not taking care of her? Do you think I marry you so that you can acts like a chaebol wife?”

“Sorry. I was thinking to check on her after I clean the kitchen.”

Yonghwa stands up. Anger flare in his eyes.

“Eunmi is your first priority. Don’t you ever neglect that.”

“But I’m not neglecting her oppa. I’m just.”

“Shut up.”

Yonghwa cuts her out. Shinhye was taken aback. She widens her eyes.

“And don’t answer me back. I’m the rule of this house. Don’t you ever talk against me.”

Yonghwa handed Eunmi to Shinhye.

“Take care of her. Be a good mother to Eunmi. I won’t let you go easily if something bad happens to her.”

Yonghwa walks out with his briefcase and coat.

Shinhye sits on the sofa, still confused with what just happen.

“Why did oppa get angry? He was laughing while playing with Eunmi, but he gets angry when I approach them.”

Shinhye sighs. She look at Eunmi who was playing with her blouse.

“Eunmi ya, what is wrong with your appa?”

Eunmi just laugh.

“Look at omma, talking about appa with you. How can you answer right?”

The little girl giggles.

Shinhye smiles.

“Let’s bath neh.”

                                                                                              ***

“Hyung, you are working?”

“Why are you surprise?”

Minhyuk follows Yonghwa to his office. He sits in front of him and stare at his face. Yonghwa, not minding Minhyuk stares, starts looking at his paper works.

“Hyung.”

“Wae?”

“Are you okay? Shinhye, is she okay?”

“Of course I’m okay. As I see her this morning, that woman is okay too.”

Yonghwa answers with an unchanged expression. He keeps looking at the paper works. Not lifting his head at all.

“What do you mean by that woman hyung? Shinhye is your wife. Legally.”

“I’m not saying she isn’t.”

“Hyung. Are you going to treat her like this? Don’t hyung. She is an orphan. Give her love.”

Yonghwa punches his table before he look at Minhyuk.

“Do you want to spend your time in my room, talking about her? If the answer is yes, better you steps out before I lose my patience.”

“I’ll go. But hyung, Keep this in mind. Don’t hurt someone else to heal your wounded heart.”

Minhyuk sighs. He stands up and walks to the door. He turns the knob and pause before he turn to Yonghwa.

He shakes his head when Yonghwa continues his works.

Yonghwa stops his works and look at his door when Minhyuk closes it from outside.

He runs his fingers on his hair and palms his face. He sighs and looks at Eunmi’s picture on his table. He smiles.

“Give her love?”

Yonghwa smirks.

                                                                                              ***

“Hyuk!”

Jonghyun called Minhyuk when he saw the latter walks in the café with a frown.

“Hi hyung.”

“Wae? Something happen?”

“Nothing actually.”

Jonghyun nods and drink his coffee. He continues reading his book while waiting for Jungshin.

“Order something.”

Minhyk shakes his head.

“I don’t feel like having anything.”

“Something really happens then. You never decline when I ask you to order anything.”

Jonghyun chuckles.

Jungshin come a moment later in casual attire.

“Yah Jungshin. Where are you from? You did not even come to work today. What take you this long?”

“Hyung, waegurae? You never ambush me with questions like that. And I’m not late anyway. There is still 10 minutes before 1.30.”

Jungshin asks Jonghyun with his eyes and the guy just shakes his head.

“I’m waiting for him to open up, but he doesn’t want to share it with us.”

“Hyung, it’s not that I don’t want to share it with you.”

“Tell us Hyuk. Maybe we can sort it out.”

Minhyuk sighs.

“I went to Yonghwa hyung’s office this morning.”

“He had started working?”

Jonghyun and Jungshin pay attention to Minhyuk.

“Yeh. I went to take some of his files to work on it but I am surprised when I found him there.”

Jonghyun leans back on his chair.

“But it’s not a weird thing. We all know hyung get married not because he wanted to.”

Jungshin nods.

“Arayo. But I think Shinhye will go through a hard life with him.”

Jungshin looks at Minhyuk with disbelieve. How can he say that about their best friend.

“Yah hyung. Don’t say that. Yonghwa hyung isn’t a bad guy.”

“I know Jungshin ah. But his attitude towards Shinhye is worrying. I’m afraid he will hurt her. He called Shinhye that woman, this woman. Poor her.”

“Has he become that bad?”

“Yes hyung. He acts the same with the others, but he never even spares an eye for a woman. He comes to hates them.”

“That’s bad.”

Jonghyun answers simply.

“Ottoke hyung?”

“I don’t know Hyuk ah, but I think we better stay out of his personal affair.”

Minhyuk sighs.

“But.”

“Minhyuk, you know how scary he is when he was mad right? I don’t want to lose a best friend because we intrude his personal life.”

Minhyuk thoughts for a few while before he agree with Jonghyun.

“Deh.”

“Let’s just hope he will treat her good.”

Minhyuk and Jungshin nods. They can only hope.

                                                                                              ***

“Hello Shinhye.”

“Omma. How are you?”

“Fine Shinhye ah. How are you and Eunmi?”

“We are fine omma. Oppa too.”

“Gurae? What are you doing?”

“I just finish cooking for lunch omma. But I don’t know if oppa will have his lunch at home.”

“I don’t think he will Shinhye. Doesn’t he tell you?”

“I forgot to ask oppa.”

Shinhye tries to sound happy. Mrs. Jung sighs on the other line.

“Shinhye, how did he treat you?”

“What do you mean omma?”

“You know what I mean right?”

“Omma, I don’t mind how he treats me. I’m here because of Eunmi.”

Mrs. Jung sighs again.

“Mianhe Shinhye. I am too scared of my son’s life that I ignore yours.”

“Omma. You did nothing wrong. You didn’t force me at all. You give me choices and I answers with one of the choices.”

Shinhye answer with a cheerful tone.

“I’m happy.”

She added.

“Shinhye. I know he treats you bad. I’ll talk to him.”

“Ani omma. Don’t?”

“Wae Shinhye.”

“Oppa needs time omma. We should give him time.”

“Shinhye, you act more mature than your age.”

“My life taught me that omma. So, don’t worry. I’ll sort this out.”

“Deh Shinhye. Call me if anything happens.”

“I will.”

“I’ll come by tomorrow. I miss Eunmi already.”

“Yeh.”

“I’ll hang up then Shinhye.”

“Deh omma. Annyeong.”

Shinhye puts her handphone to the dining table and went to see Eunmi who was playing on her crib. She held her hands to Shinhye when she saw her approaching. Shinhye carry Eunmi in her arms and kissed her cheek.

“Eunmi ya. Let’s eat neh. Omma had cooked fish porridge for you.”

And Eunmi answers her with a cute smile.

                                                                                              ***

“What the hell did you cook?”

Yonghwa throw away his food to the floor. Shinhye who was standing by him was startled.

“It’s hot pepper chicken soup. Is it taste bad?”

She asked cautiously.

“Don’t cook if you don’t want to.”

“Sorry oppa.”

Yonghwa just glare at her and walks upstairs.

“Why did he act like that? He seems enjoying my cooking. Why did he change in sudden? He changes when I came out with the soup. Is there something wrong with it?”

Shinhye mumbles alone. She took a spoon and tastes it.

“It doesn’t taste that bad. Did he show his anger towards the food?”

Shinhye sighs as she cleans the floor.

“I took big time preparing all these, especially the soup.”

A tear drops from her eyes. She sits on the floor, wiping the remaining food. More tears flows from her doe eyes. She wipes her tears with the back of her hands.

“Why did you cry Shinhye? You shouldn’t cry. This is nothing. You choose this.”

She whispers to herself while she cleans the floor and table.

Shinhye went upstairs and slumps her body on the bed. She stares on the ceiling, blinking few times before she stood up.

“Maybe oppa hates the soup?”

Shinhye glances to her alarm clock. It’s already 10.00 in the night.

“I better asks omma tomorrow.”

Shinhye walks to Eunmi crib and carry her to the bed. She then lie down besides her and closes her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Somehow i manage to update...

Phew!!!

Don't expose me to my seniors.. LOL...

Thanks for waiting patiently until my update...

totally love you all...

I'm going to update my other fanfic...

goodnight...

^_^