Changes

Reach For The Rainbow

 

 

 

“I had completed your registration. You can stay with me starting tomorrow.”

Mrs. Jung’s face beamed with happiness.

Shinhye smiles and nods.

“Deh Mrs. Jung. I will pack my things later.”

“Shinhye ya. I don’t know how many time must I say this. I really am too happy.”

“I’m happy too. you have done a lot during my time here. You shows me love and care as a mother figure. I’m glad that I can somehow repay you Mrs. Jung.”

“Shinhye ya, don’t say about repay me and all that things. It makes me feel bad.”

Mrs.Jung frowns.

“Don’t be Mrs. Jung. I really am thankful to you. And my decision doesn’t have any connection with it.”

Shinhye plasters a sincere smile.

                                                                              ***

“Hello omma.”

“Eunmi will stay with me until your wedding day. Your future wife had given me her consent. She will live with me from tomorrow onwards.”

“Omma, do you call me just to say all this?”

“Your wedding will be held in the end of this month. So, it will be around 2 weeks. I’ve called the wedding planner and fix everything. Just be present for the wedding.”

“Omma!”

Yonghwa lost his patience. Mrs. Jung treats him like one of her employee. Her way of talking to him had change. She never talks to him like this. It was too bland. She did not even smile on the other line. Yonghwa knew it. Her tone proves it.

“Wae Yonghwa?”

“Why are you behaving like this? I had agreed to that marriage!”

“I’m clear about it.”

“So, why do you behave like this omma? Jebal. I’m sorry that I hurt you with my words that day. I’m not in my right mind.”

“See you later.”

Mrs. Jung answers before she put down the phone.

“Yeobo, you don’t have to behave like that.”

Mr. Jung said calmly.

“He goes through a hard time.”

“I know. If I didn’t act like this, he won’t get married. I’m just acting like this for his owns good. I’m protecting him. I know how much he loves Eunmi. It will be the end of Yong if Yoomi came for Eunmi one day.”

Mrs. Jung wipes her tears. She walks to her granddaughter who sleeps comfortably in the cot and caresses her chubby cheek.

                                                                              ***

“I will move to Mrs Jung house tomorrow.”

Shinhye said with a smile. Woobin smiles to her.

“Are you happy?”

“Deh oppa. I am happy.”

“What about your study then?”

Shinhye smiles fade, but she quickly shows her happy expressions.

“I’ll think about it later.”

Woobin hold Shinhye’s hand and squeezes it.

“Are you sure about this? You can back out now.”

Shinhye taps Woobin hand that was holding hers.

“I’m sure oppa. Don’t worry.”

“If you say so. Make sure I’m invited arasseo.”

“Of course. You are the one who will stand as my appa.”

“Shin ah.”

“Wae? Shireo?”

“Ani. I don’t know what to say. It’s so overwhelmed. Thanks Shin ah.”

“I am thankful to you too oppa. You never let me feel lonely. You were always there when I need someone. That’s why I need you by my side when I was walking down the aisle.”

Woobin smiles widen. He nods and hold her hand tighter.

“I would love too.”

                                                                                              ***

“Shinhye, this will be your room.”

Mrs.Jung said as soon as Shinhye walks into the guests room.

“It is the guest room, but we rarely get visitors who stays for night. I decided to let you stay here.”

“Kamsahamnida Mrs. Jung.”

“Call me omma.”

Shinhye nods and smiles.

“Take a good rest. If you need anything, I will be in the kitchen.”

“Let me help you Mrs. Jung.”

“It’s omma.”

“Sorry omma. Let me help you.”

“Kenchana, you need to unpack your things right?”

Shinhye nods and smiles coyly.

“Join me in the kitchen when you are done then.”

Mrs.Jung pats her hair and leaves Shinhye in that room.

“This is the starts of my new life.”

Shinhye whispers to herself and starts to unpacks her things. She reminiscing her childhood in the orphanage.

She is a brave girl. Even though her figure is smaller than the other children at her age, she never get bullied by anyone. She loves to study, and she spends lots of time in the library. She is hardworking too. She never forget to help Madam Lee in her office. 

She remember of her first encounter with Ye Jin, her roommate. She is the same age as her. She was sent to the orphanage by her Uncle. He don't want to take care of her after her parents died in a car crash. They get close very quick because Shinhye's parents died in an accident too. They share the same past though.

Shinhye mets Woobin in her high school. He has a good manners and well loved by many. He is the President of Math club that Shinhye was in. They met several times during the club's meeting and get close after that. Woobin's mother had died since he was little as she suffers from cancer. He lives alone with his father who owns an architecture company.

When he finishes high school, he starts a coffee shop. He really love coffee and he shows his loves towards it with his cafe.

Shinhye sighs when she remember all of them. They were the dearest friend to her.

"Can I still be the old Shinhye after this? Will being Yonghwa ssi's wife changes everything?"

 

 

Short Update..

Sorry!!

Kamsahamnida for the comments and upvotes...

I'm not feeling good with this chapter, but still hope you will like it...

^_^