Marriage

Reach For The Rainbow

 

 

Wearing a pure white dress with sparkling crystals, Shinhye looks gorgeous. Her dress looks elegant and her appearance was completed by a glamorous hairdo and a simple tiara. With a veil covering her beautiful face, Shinhye walks down the aisle with a bright smile. A smile that every woman would have when they walk to their groom on their wedding day. Shinhye’s grips on Woobin arm tighten when they were few steps away from her groom. Nervous, afraid or happy? She can’t really decipher what she feels now.

Sensing the change in Shinhye, Woobin hold her hand and squeeze it. He smiles assuringly to her, hoping that she will calm herself down. Shinhye look at Woobin and smiles.

Yonghwa smiles to Woobin when he accepts Shinhye’s hand from him. He bows to Woobin with respect before Woobin went to sit with Madam Lee.

Shinhye took a glance to Yonghwa. His smile has fades. He was looking at the officiator seriously. Shinhye shift her view from him and look at the officiator who was ready to starts the ceremony.

“Mr. Jung Yong Hwa, will you have Miss Park Shinhye to be your wife?”

Yonghwa was hesitant. He fists his hand.

The officiator asks him once again, with a louder voice as he thinks Yonghwa wasn’t paying attention.

“Please pay attention to my question. Mr. Jung Yong Hwa, will you have Miss Park Shinhye to be your wife?”

Yonghwa grits his teeth.

“I do.”

He answers shortly.

The officiator turns his view to Shinhye and smiles before he asks her.

“Miss Park Shinhye, will you have Mr. Jung Yonghwa to be your husband?”

Shinhye answers instantly, without any more thoughts. She had thought enough. She had chosen this. She had chosen to be Yonghwa’s wife. She had decided to be Eunmi’s omma. She say ‘I Do’ confidently, with a sweet smile plasters on her lovely face.

Shinhye doesn’t take it to heart when Yonghwa doesn’t smile. She knew he is still having a hard time. She understands it all.

He shows a straight face even when he kisses her. Not smiling at all.

Mrs. Jung gives her a long and comforting hugs as soon as they were pronounced husband and wife.

“Welcome, my daughter in-law.”

She whispers to Shinhye when she was hugging her. Shinhye hugs her back, tight too.

“Thank you omma.”

She said slowly.

Shinhye went to Madam Lee and Ye Jin. They hug her and wish her happiness with her new life.

Shinhye hugs the other kids too. She wasn’t crying. She shows her happy smiles all the times.

“Shin.”

Woobin called her when Shinhye was sitting alone in the party.

“Where is your husband? Your in-laws?”

Shinhye plasters a smile.

“Omma is with Eunmi. She went to change her dress.”

“Yonghwa?”

Shinhye signaled Yonghwa’s spot with her eyes.

Woobin sighs and sit beside her.

“Shouldn’t you be joining him? Shouldn’t he introduce you with his friends?”

Shinhye smiles again as an answer.

“Oppa, you know that I’m not marrying Yonghwa ssi for attention right?”

“Ara. You don’t have to remind me over and over again. But, he shouldn’t left you aside. Only an hour had pasts since you were married and he did not even glance back at you. How will you live with him Shin?”

“Oppa. I chose this.”

She answers with a smile.

Woobin shakes his head.

“I can only hope you will be happy Shin. I can only hope.”

Woobin said in defeat.

“I will be happy oppa. Keep your faith strong.”

Woobin flashes a small smile.

“Please be happy Shin ah. Then only I will be in peace. Because I am the one who asks you to follow your heart.”

“Sure.”

Shinhye laughs.

“Shin, have I tell you that you are so beautiful today?”

“Yes oppa. You told me many times.”

Woobin chuckled.

“Because you are beautiful. Ah. My dongsaengie had become a woman now. I should never treat you like a kid anymore.”

“Deh. You can’t pats my hair anymore from today.”

Woobin raises his left eyebrow and smirks.

“Like this?”

He pats Shinhye's hair adoringly and laughs.

“Oppa!”

Shinhye whine cutely.

“You will always be a kid in my eyes Shin ah. Even that now you had become an omma.”

Shinhye smiles.

“I will be missing your coffee.”

“And my café will miss a regular customer.”

“Shinhye.”

Mrs. Jung called her name and smiles when she approaches them.

Shinhye stood up and took Eunmi from Mrs. Jung hand.

“Eunmi ya. This is your uncle. Woobinie uncle.”

“Eyy, it’s oppa. Call me oppa Eunmi ya. Oppa.”

Eunmi laughs when Woobin teases her. As if she can understand their conversation.

Mrs. Jung smiles. She picks the right person.

                                                                              ***

“This will be your room.”

Yonghwa points a room beside his.

“Eunmi’s?”

Yonghwa stops and turn to Shinhye.

“In your room. You are playing the role of her mother right?”

“Deh. Thank you oppa.”

Yonghwa doesn’t answer. He walks to his room and slam his door.

Shinhye walks to her room, with Eunmi in her hand. She smiles. Her room was so beautiful. Even though Yonghwa didn’t like her, he still gives her better room. He doesn’t treat her bad. She walks to the bed and lay Eunmi on it.

“I better bath now, before Eunmi wakes up.”

On the other room, Yonghwa took off his tie roughly and throw it into the laundry basket. He palms his face and runs his fingers on his hair. He remembers Mrs. Jung words.

“Make sure you treat her nice Yonghwa. I was really disappointed. You didn’t even share a smile with your wife. What will the guests say? What will your friends say? Won’t they make a speculation that you were forced into this marriage?”

Mrs. Jung releases her anger. She kept it all during the party. Yonghwa was too focused on his friend. He acts as if it was his friend’s wedding, not his.

“But omma, I’ve married her.”

He answer with a low voice.

“What are you going to say next? That you just marry her so that Eunmi will have a nanny that she calls omma?”

“That is not what I meant.”

“Yonghwa, I know you are depresses from that incident. But it had been 7 months. Eunmi had grown into a 9 months healthy baby now. You should move on.”

“I need time to heal.”

Yonghwa answers without looking at his mother’s face. Mrs. Jung sighs. She sits on the couch beside her husband. Luckily Shinhye was in the room. She doesn’t want Shinhye to hear all this. She mustn’t hear it. It will hurt her.

“Yonghwa, treat her as another human being.”

She said finally, making Yonghwa widen his eyes.

“Did I treat her like an animal omma? I’m not.”

“That’s not what your omma mean Yonghwa. And mind your words. She is your omma.”

Mr. Jung answers after being silent the whole time. Yonghwa was too stubborn.

“Take your wife and leave my house. I don’t want to see you.”

Mrs. Jung said in a stern voice before he walks to her room.

Yonghwa slumped down to the sofa.

“Am I too harsh with my words?”

He whispers to himself.

Mr. Jung walks to Yonghwa and hold his shoulder, making him lifts his head.

Mr. Jung didn’t say anything. He just squeezes Yonghwa’s shoulder and walks upstairs, following his wife.

He stares at his angry reflection in the mirror. His mother’s strong and stern voice plays repeatedly in his ears.

“What did that Shinhye has that made my parents hates me to this stage?”

Yonghwa fists his hands. He was determined that he won’t treat Shinhye nicely.

“I won’t let that incident happens again. I will make sure that she wouldn’t even dare to leave.”

                                                                                              ***

“Woobin, why are you frowning?”

Mr. Kim walks to him and sit on the empty chair in Woobin’s café.

“Oh dad. Why did you come here?”

Mr. Kim laughs.

“I know you were here when I can’t find you in your apartment. Why? I can’t come to my son’s café?”

“Ani. It’s not what I mean. Do you want anything to drink?”

Mr. Kim looks around and shakes his head.

“You did not even run the business today, it will take long for my coffee to be brewed with all that sleeping machines.”

“There is a 24 hours store next door. I can just buy one for you.”

Woobin chuckles.

“Is that what a coffee shop owner must say?”

Mr. Kim laughs before he continue.

“Kenchana, I just had my dinner.”

“What is it dad? You must have something to say.”

“Right. I almost forget my reason of coming here. Can you leave this café in someone care for about 2 months? I really wanted you to help me in the company.”

“Why dad? What happen?”

“I’m leaving for Peru in a week time. I’ll be at ease if I have you in the company.”

“Okay. I’ll just leave the café to my employee then. Two months only right?”

“Yes. Two months only. Not more than that.”

They laughs.

“But son, why did you look uneasy? Seems like you were in a deep thought and a serious one.”

“Shinhye got married yesterday.”

“That cute little girl? Married? She is just 20 right?”

Woobin hum for an answer.

“I’m worried.”

“And why would you?”

“Molla. I’m just worried.”

“Maybe because she is like a sister to you?”

Woobin smiles.

“Maybe.”

“It will get better soon. So, tomorrow show up at the office okay.”

“Make it the day after tomorrow dad. I need to tell the staff first.”

Mr. Kim thinks for a while before he nods.

“Okay. And stop frowning. You will ages quickly.”

Mr. Kim laughs and walks out of Woobin’s café.

Woobin looks at his father until he was out of sights.

“Why am I feeling uneasy? Is it because I just lost a dongsaeng? Is Shinhye okay? Is Yonghwa treat her nicely?”

Woobin sighs. He can’t stop thinking about Shinhye. Yonghwa’s attitude towards her at the party makes him feel this way.

“I hope fate won’t play with her life again.”                                                         

He stands up and took his car key. He locks the café and walks to his car.

 

 

 

 

Sorry... i'm so late right?

I'll be busy this week...

sorry if i can't update for few days...