Soften?

Reach For The Rainbow

 

 

“What are you going to do?”

“What do you mean Hyuk?”

“I saw her with you earlier. Did she plan to get back to you?”

Yonghwa stops checking his e-mails and lock his view on Minhyuk.

“You saw me with her? Why didn’t you come to us?”

Minhyuk smile.

“What can I do if I go to you at that time?”

Yonghwa sighs.

“What happen hyung?”

“She wants to see Eunmi. I don’t have any idea where she found out that Eunmi is sick.”

“So?”

“I told her she cannot see Eunmi.”

“Why hyung?”

“Hyuk, what do you mean by why? How can I let her see Eunmi? She left her Hyuk.”

“Hyung, Yoomi ssi just wanted to see her.”

“I know but I won’t let see Eunmi. What if she took her from me?”

“Hyung, you have Shinhye right? Why would you care? Yoomi ssi wasn’t married, she can’t take Eunmi from you.”

Yonghwa stares on the ceiling of his room. It’s been 4 days since Shinhye and Eunmi stay at his parent house. Minhyuk keep pestering him to tell her about Yoomi.

He sighs.

“This guy really gets into my nerve. Is he really my best friend?”

He put his arm across his forehead and blinks few time. He then stood up abruptly and sits on his bed. He remembered his conversations with Minhyuk yesterday.

“I have forgotten Yoomi, I’ve forgotten her. There is no space for her in my heart again.”

He shouts at Minhyuk.

Minhyuk chuckles.

“Calm down hyung. Why you get so worked up if you have forgotten her?”

Yonghwa fists his hand. He can’t answer that because he doesn’t have the answer.

Minhyuk sat there calmly. He stares at Yonghwa and smile.

“Hyung, face the reality. You are being mean to Shinhye so that she won’t take Yoomi ssi’s position in your heart right? You are being mean to a fragile and innocent girl so that her kindness won’t erase your love for Yoomi ssi.”

“What the hell Hyuk? Why should I? After all the things that she did?”

Yonghwa was fills up with anger. Minhyuk talks nonsense.

“You aren’t? Hyung, open your eyes. Try to see what is in your heart. Don’t torture yourself anymore. Why won’t you tell her that you are married then?”

He said calmly.

Yonghwa wrinkles his forehead.

“What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean right?”

“Hyuk, stop puzzling me. You aren’t helping at all.”

Minhyuk chuckles and went to the door. He wants to go out of Yonghwa’s room. Leaves him alone for him to solve the puzzle himself.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m off to see my dongsaeng.”

“Huh?”

“I’m going to see Shinhye hyung. Let me take care of her if you won’t.”

He walks out calmly after that.

The ringing of Yonghwa’s phone make him wakes up from his long thoughts. He looks at the caller ID.

“What the hell did she want again?”

He throws his phone away and walks to his closets. He gets his shirt and jeans before he walks out from his room, leaving his phone on the bed.

                                                                              ***

“Oppa, do you want to drink?”

Shinhye asks politely. Even though Yonghwa stops yelling and shouting at her, his expression still scared her wit out.

Yonghwa look at the juice on the tray before he shakes his head.

“Where is omma?”

“She went to a meeting with her club members.”

Yonghwa nods.

“Eunmi?”

“She is with Minhyuk ssi, at the garden outside.”

“Minhyuk?”

Shinhye nods.

“So, the drink is for him.”

He said to himself.

“Let’s go out.”

He said and walks ahead.

“Hyuk.”

He called with a smile, a fake one.

“Oh hyung. You came.”

He walks to him that was holding Eunmi. When she saw Yonghwa, she quickly held out her hand to him. Yonghwa carries her in his arm and kisses her face.

“She misses you. I heard that she didn’t get the chance to see you since last three days.”

Shinhye lowered her head when Yonghwa look at her.

“Can you leave us alone Shinhye?”

“Deh.”

She took Eunmi from Yonghwa holds and walks inside.

“What’s your deal Hyuk?”

Yonghwa asks when Shinhye had gone inside.

“You haven’t told Shinhye about Yoomi ssi right?”

“I don’t have to Hyuk. I’ve told you right?”

“Hyung, if you keep it from her, I’m afraid that she will know it from others. I’m afraid that you will lose a very good mom for Eunmi.”

“And why would I?”

“Hyung, I know Yoomi wants to get back to you.”

Yonghwa look at him with disbelieve.

“She called me. She called to ask me to speak to you that she was sorry, that she had picked the wrong guy.”

Minhyuk smiles.

“Why you look surprised hyung?”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I want to give you time to talk everything to Shinhye, but you don’t want to. I bet you want to get back to her.”

“Ani Hyuk. I’ve told you I won’t.”

“Speak to Shinhye hyung. Tell her to protect this marriage. You know that I love you. I don’t want to see you hurt again. I don’t have any faith at Yoomi ssi. She is fake.”

Yonghwa lowered his head.

All that Minhyuk says is true. Yoomi is his past.

“I’ll think about it.”

“I know you will come to a good decision hyung. I’ll go back first.”

Minhyuk pats his shoulder and walks to his car.

Yonghwa walks in after Minhyuk droves away.

He looks for Shinhye in the living room and kitchen but she wasn’t there. He then walks upstairs to her room, she wasn’t there too.

“Where is she?”

He mumbles and walks downstairs again. He then heard a sweet voice singing inside the reading room. He peeks and saw Shinhye sit on the sofa with Eunmi. Eunmi was leaning comfortably on her chest while Shinhye pats her back. Yonghwa glance at his wrist.

“It’s Eunmi's nap time.”

He walks inside and sit opposite of her.

“Oppa, do you want something?”

“No. No. Just bring her to sleep first. I have something to discuss with you.”

“What is it?”

“Later. Did she sleep here?”

“Deh. She sleeps here during nap time.”

“Okay. I’ll wait outside.”

He talks slowly and walks out.

15 minutes later, Shinhye walks out of the room and sit down at the far end of the couch. She plays with the end of her blouse and stares on the floor.

“Shinhye.”

He starts.

She lifts her head a little but still don’t have the courage to look at his face.

“Deh.”

She heard Yonghwa sighs.

“I need you to listen carefully about what I want to say. It is really important.”

Shinhye gulp.

“What is it?”

She asks carefully.

“Eunmi’s omma came back.”

Shinhye widen her eyes.

“Yoomi unni?”

Yonghwa look at her.

“You know her?”

“Deh. Omma often talk about her and she too came with omma to the Orphanage sometimes.”

Yonghwa nods.

“You know why we divorced right?”

Shinhye nods.

“She wanted to get back to me.”

Shinhye’s heart starts to beat faster but still she locks her views on the floor.

“Why don’t you say something?”

“I don’t mind if you want to get back to unni oppa.”

“What? I’m not crazy Shinhye. Why would I go back to her? She betrays me.”

He increases his tone.

She didn’t answer.

Yonghwa sighs.

“I’m sorry.”

He runs his fingers through his hair.

“I won’t let you go. You are good enough for Eunmi and she needs you. And I prefer you as her mom more than Yoomi.”

Shinhye smiles. She lifts her head to meet Yonghwa’s eyes.

“Thank you oppa. But she is her mother. I don’t have the right.”

“I had given you the right for God sake.”

He shouts and stands up.

“Sorry.”

He calms down again before he sits back at his place.

“Shinhye, I know that this marriage is out of love, and I know that I had hurt you a lot but I beg you. Please don’t give up. Eunmi needs you.”

Shinhye lowered her head again. A tear drops from her doe eyes. She cries again that day. And that is because of Yonghwa too.

“Please stay by my side if Yoomi files for her right for Eunmi. I can’t lose her.”

His voice softens. He was pleading. For the first time in his life, he pleads to someone and that person is Shinhye.

Shinhye look at Yonghwa’s face. He looks miserable.

She sighs before she nods her head.

 

 

 

 

Don’t get confused darlingsss… I put Minhyuk character older than Shinhye…

Don’t get mad at me about Yoomi thing please…

Hope you enjoy this..

Thanks for the comments and loves…

I love you all… ^_^