Chapter 2

Silly Baozi

Minseok’s day went by in a haze.  He tried to focus on his work, but the face of that girl kept popping into his head and clouding his mind.  God she was gorgeous.  Her long dark hair and sweet smile got his attention.  The way her eyes sparkled was lodged into his brain.  It was gonna drive him insane.

 

Knowing he couldn’t work like this, Minseok left his office and made his way down the hall until he stopped in front of Kyunghu.  She was still admiring her grand flower bouquet.  “Annyeonghaseyo Kyunghu-ssi.”  She looked up and greeted him the same way.  “Those flowers are gorgeous.”

 

“Aren’t they?  My husband picked out all of my favorites and had Chanhee deliver them.  She’s such an angel.”  A name!  Finally, the face of the girl who had brainwashed him for the past three hours had a name.

 

“Chanhee?  You mean the delivery girl, right?”

 

“Yes.  Every year, my husband goes to that same flower shop that’s run by her aunt.  I go there every once in a while because her aunt and I went to high school together.  She’s usually there and is very polite.  And her cooking skills are top notch.  I love it when she makes steam buns!”

 

Steam buns.  Minseok could hear Luhan in the back of his head saying Baozi over and over again.  God, he hated that nickname, but he couldn’t deny his love for them. “Stupid deer boy…” he muttered under his breath.

 

“What was that Minseok?”  He shook his head and gave her a sweet smile.

 

“Nothing at all.  Umm….Do you think that maybe you could give me the name of the flower shop?  My mother’s birthday is coming up soon and I’m sure she would love flowers delivered for everyone to see.”  She nodded and took something out of her drawer.

 

“This is their business card.  Just go in and tell them you know me.  I’m quite sure they’ll give you a discount.”  He accepted that card and bowed to Kyunghu before returning back to his office.  Finally, some work could be done.

 

At lunch time, Xiumin decided to go out and find the flower shop.  The address on the business card said the shop was only a few blocks away.  Perfect.  Now he didn’t need to go out of his way.  He could see the shop coming into view.  Just a few more moments and he would see her.  See her, but what would he say?  Minseok stopped walking and facepalmed himself.  He would look like an idiot if he just went in there and didn’t say a word to her.  Plus the whole trip would be for nothing.

 

“Nana!  I don’t wanna go to that party!”

 

“Too bad, Chanhee.  Your going.  Yifan promised that it would be fun.  Just listen to your unnie!”

 

Minseok looked back up in the direction of the flower shop and there was the girl he couldn’t stop thinking about.  She was standing outside with another girl whose hair was dyed a honey blond.  And he didn’t know if he had heard correctly.  Did she say Yifan?  That was Kris’s Chinese name.  And since they were in Korea, there couldn’t be that many Yifans in the area.

 

Baozi had a flashback to about two weeks ago.  He was running late for work because of his dongsaengs and wasn’t really listening to anything that was coming from their mouths.

 

“Hyung!  I rented a space for a party.  In two weeks!  You have to go.”

 

“Yeah, fine!  Whatever Kris!  Tao, give me my phone.  I need to be in the office in fifteen minutes or my boss will kill me.”  Tao had tossed him the phone and off Xiumin was off and out the door.

 

“I don’t care.  I don’t wanna go.”

 

“Why not?  You could find a cute guy there that will make you forget all about Jinyoung.”  Chanhee rolled her eyes and picked up a watering can.

 

“I’m not still stuck on that jerk.  I just don’t wanna go.  Is that a crime?”  She tilted the watering ca upwards and started on watering the flowers displayed on the outside of the shop.

 

“Yes.  You’re pretty and sweet, but you won’t let anyone else enjoy it.  I’m coming to pick you up at your house at eight o’clock.  You better wear what we picked out the other day and be ready or I will tell all our friends what happened on Children’s Day in 7th grade.”

 

Chanhee turned and glared at her friend.  “You  wouldn’t.”

 

Nana smiled back.  “Try me.  I’ll see you at eight.”  And with that she was off.  Xiumin couldn’t believe it.  All he had to do was show up to the party and he could meet her.  And she was single.  Single!  He his heels and crossed the street, heading to a little diner down the street.  Even if his original mission was to talk to her, it was his lunch break.