Chapter 1

Silly Baozi

“Deer boy!  If you don’t get up right now you and Mr. Vancouver won’t get any breakfast.”  A pillow was thrown at the doorway where Minseok barely missed it.

 

“Shut up Baozi!” Luhan screamed from under the covers.  Kris was already making his way to the bathroom.  There would be hell to pay if he didn’t get any breakfast.  Xiumin let out a deep sigh before moving over to Luhan’s bed and ripping the cover off.  Luhan glared at him.  “Fine!  I’m up!”  He sat up and rubbed the sleep out his eyes.  Satisfied, Minseok dropped the quilt over Luhan’s head and went back into the living room.

 

Chen was putting the finishing touches on breakfast and Tao and Lay were waiting at the dining table.  There was already rice on the table.  Unfortunately, Minseok didn’t have time to eat with the others.  He had to run to work.  Minseok grabbed his keys, wallet, phone and waved goodbye to his dongsaengs before leaving.

 

The morning air was filled with warmth since it was only late September, but Minseok couldn’t pass by his favorite coffee shop and ordering a nice hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin.  He munched on it as he walked toward his job.

 

Baozi walked into his office and started on the paperwork that was stacked neatly on his desk.  He worked as a sales consultant for a sports company.  Each day his job would differ and today was signing a mountain of papers.

 

Xiumin let out a breath before diving in.  He was cross referencing numbers on his computer when his co-workers started being a bit rowdy outside.  Strange.  They didn’t usually get worked up for no reason.  “Time to go see what the fuss is about.”  

 

He left his desk and walked out until he saw the others in the break room.  They all seemed to be crowded around Kyunghu.  She was some of the advertisers.  Everyone was clapping and congratulating her.   On the table was a rather large bouquet of various flowers.  There was a banner going across the front that read ‘Happy Anniversary!’  Xiumin was going to say his congrats too, but he stopped when he saw Kyunghu talking to an unfamiliar girl.  He had to admit, she was one of the prettiest girls he had ever seen.  There was a business card exchange before they both bowed and the mystery girl left the office.  Xiumin watched her until she disappeared from view.  He felt an acute pain in his chest after she left.  

 

Who was she?