Chapter 10

Silly Baozi

The next day came a little too quickly for Minseok.  He was so excited, he didn’t really sleep.  By the time Kris woke up, Xiumin was fully dressed in the outfit all the members had agreed on.

 

“Hyung,”  Kris complained, “We still have five more hours before the movie.  Slow down.”

 

“I can’t!  I barely slept at all and I keep running around here on anxiety alone.  I mean, what if she doesn’t like this outfit or the way my hair is styled?  What if I buy the wrong candy or get her the wrong drink?  What if-”

 

“What if she likes you a lot and you two have a great time?  You worry too much.  She’s got to love you.  And you already know you get along with her and a lot of her likes and dislikes.  Relax for a bit.  I’m gonna get dressed and we can get something quick to eat for a late lunch.”  Kris marched back in the bedroom and Minseok slid onto the couch next to Luhan.

 

“Aww.  Our Baozi’s first date.  I feel so proud.”

 

“Don’t forget who’s oldest Luhan.”

 

----------------------------

 

It was now two o’clock in the afternoon and Nana was at Chanhee’s house as promised.  Right now her closet was being raided. Nana was throwing clothes left and right since none of them were meeting her standards.

 

“I see why you wanna be dressed up, but why do I have too?  I don’t even know this guy.”

 

“Well, what If he’s extremely cute?  You won’t wanna look a bum, right?”

 

“I guess not.”

 

“Just try to like the guy.  Please.  I want this to be a good date.  Yifan is a really sweet guy and I like him a lot.”

 

“I know that unnie, but that doesn’t mean I want to go on a date with anyone.  I don’t know if I’m ready yet.”  Chanhee sat on her bed and pouted.  Nana joined her and hugged her tightly.

 

“I know that jerk hurt you, but I’m not gonna let him keep you from trusting someone else.  It’s been weeks since you two broke up.  I don’t want you to just sit in your aunt’s shop and wither away like the rest of the flowers.  My dongsaeng’s too pretty for that!”  They both let out a series of giggles.

 

“Now,” Nana stood up.  “You are gonna put on this shirt, these jeans, and those flats.  I’m going to do your hair and makeup, we are gonna grab a light lunch and meet the boys.  Arraso?”

 

“Ne, unnie.”

 

----------------------------

 

Minseok and Xiumin arrived a good half an hour before the designated time and bought the tickets.  They were sitting in the lobby, keeping a look out for the girls.  Xiumin was a ball of nerves.

 

“Kris, are you sure she said five o’clock?”

 

“For the fourth time, yes.  We agreed on five o’clock.  Why don’t you take a little walk around the place to get a grip.”  The elder agreed and stood up.

 

“I will be back soon.”  Kris nodded and Minseok left.  Not much later, Yifan spotted the girls come through the entrance.  He called them over.

 

“Hello ladies,” he greeted.  Yifan hugged Nana and turned to her dongsaeng.  “Annyeonghaseyo, Chanhee-ah.  It’s nice to meet you again.”  Chanhee bowed.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yifan.  It’s good to see you again as well.  I’m glad you invited me.”

 

“Well, I wanted to get my hyun out of the house.  We were already going out today, so when Nana called, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity.  I think you are gonna like him.”  Kris smiled knowingly.

 

“Speaking of which, where is your hyung?”  Nana asked while peering around.  Kris craned his neck left and right and pointed to the posters that featured upcoming movies.  His back was to them.  The group of three sashayed over and Kris spoke.

 

“Hyung, say hello.”  Minseok turned and Chanhee’s eyes widened.

 

“Oppa!”  Minseok smiled shyly.

 

“Annyeong, Chanhee-ah.”