Chapter 21

Silly Baozi

    Later that night Minseok was lying on his bed and staring at the ceiling.  “I am an idiot.  He probably hates me.  I am so screwed.”  He raised his hands to his face and rubbed his eyes.

 

    Beating Jiseok had just come so naturally that Minseok didn’t think anything of it.  Minseok groaned in frustration.  A little while later Yifan walked in and went straight to his hyung’s bed.  Minseok lazily looked at him.  Before Yifan could say a word, Minseok sat up and said, “Yes, I know what I have done.  I understand that I more than likely have ruined my chances with her.  I understand that her friend probably hates me.  Anything I’m missing?”

 

    Yifan sighed.  “Hyung, I don’t know how to deal with this one.  Nana told me that he had a lot of pride in how strong he is.  She doesn’t know how he’s going to react though.”

 

In the middle of the sentence, Luhan walked in and set his backpack on the floor next to his bed.  He sauntered over and looked between the two.  “How who is going to react?”

 

“One of Chanhee’s friends.  I beat him in an arm-wrestling match and now I think he hates me.  If he hates me, that probably will kill any chance of me even coming close to her again.”

Luhan cocked an eyebrow.  “Says who?  Besides, doesn’t that prove you are strong enough to protect her?  I would say that you might have improved your chances if anything.”

 

“Yeah right,” interrupted Yifan.  “I highly doubt that.  Now we have to come up with a way to get back on the good side with her friends.”  Luhan folded his arms.

 

“Look, the way I see it, there is only one way to tell.  Is this friend going to be at that party you two are supposed to be going to, right?  That is probably where you will find out what he thinks of you.  Until then,” Luhan turned towards Minseok, “try not to beat yourself up about it too much.  Now what do you guess say about everyone going out to eat?  The last thing I wanna see is a bummed out Baozi.  Actually, that sounds good.  Tonight, let’s have Chinese!”  He took his hyungs arms and pulled him up off the bed so that they were standing face to face.

 

“Go away Luhan.  I wanna wallow in my failure.”  Luhan smirked and started pushing his hyung towards the door with Yifan following behind.  No way he was missing a meal.

 

While the boys of EXO-M stuffed their faces full of Chinese cuisine, Nana and Chanhee decided to go the Japanese route.  The girls were enjoying their food and talking about the things girls talk about: clothes and boys.

 

Nana stuffed a tempura shrimp in and eyed her best friend.  Chanhee was absentmindedly fiddling with her katsudon while giving Nana reasons she refused to wear six inch heels to any event.  Noticing that Nana wasn’t even listening, Chanhee stared right back at Nana.  “What now?”

 

Nana shook her head.  “I just can’t believe that sweet Minseok is stronger than big Jiseok.  I wish I would have saw it myself.”

 

Chanhee laughed a little.  “Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself.  But probably the best part of it was the fact the Minseok didn’t look like it was a struggle for him.”

 

“So what I’m hearing is Muscular Minseok.  Sounds nice.  Kinda jealous.”

 

“Jealous?  For what?”

 

“As wonderful as Wu Yifan is, he’s kind of a…”

 

“Pansy?”  Nana begrudging smiled.

 

“Not the word I was gonna use.  But unfortunately, yeah Yifan isn’t the strongest person in the world.”  Nana took a sip of her drink and looked at her friend.  “Not everyone gets a hunky hero as a boyfriend.”

 

“He’s not my boyfriend!”

 

“Not yet.  Just wait.  If I have anything to say about it-”

 

“Which you always do…”

 

“He will be yours and you will be his.  And Jiseok’s ego is only slightly bruised.”

 

“You don’t think that Jiseok is too mad, right?”

 

“With Woo Jiseok, no one can tell.  It would be different if it was Jiho.  We always know what he is thinking, the whiny little ert.”

 

“Yep.  EIther he’s complaining or thinking indecent thoughts.  Always been that way.  Doubt he will ever change.  And if he did, I would think he was abducted by aliens.

 

“And then Taehyung would complain that he didn’t take anyone.”  Both of the girls started giggling.