Chapter 5

Silly Baozi

The following day, almost all the boys were too tired to move.  The party was fun, but they had overdone it just a bit.  It was already ten o’clock, but only Xiumin was active.  He decided to help his dongsaengs out just a bit by placing aspirin and a glass of water near all their beds incase any were suffering from a bad hangover.  After that, he left without word.

 

It was getting closer to lunch time, but Xiumin couldn’t decide on what he wanted.  Maybe he would go to that diner down the street from where Chanhee worked.  Just thinking about her was enough to make his heart accelerate.  Yep.  Diner it was.

 

The flower shop was slowly coming into view and the street started to be filled with the sweet aromas wafting off the blossoms.  Just a few more steps and he would be at the entrance.

 

Everything was going fine until someone grabbed Minseok from behind and slammed him into a brick wall.  He cringed and rubbed his now sore shoulder.  “Remember me?” asked a familiar voice.  Minseok looked up.  It was the same guy from last night, Jinyoung.  This time he wasn’t alone.  There were four other guys flanking him.  “I told you I’d remember you.  You got in the way of me and my girl.  I don’t know how the hell you managed to grab my arm, but it won’t happen again.  And neither will you talking to Chanhee.  Arasso?”

 

Xiumin scoffed.  This guy was nothing but a jerk and an airhead.  Not only did he think Xiumin was intimidated, he thought Chanhee was still his when she made it perfectly clear she didn’t want anything to do with him.  “I’m not scared of you.  And you can’t tell me who I can or can’t talk to.”  Xiumin tried to push his way through, but one of Jinyoung’s friends pushed him back.

 

“Well, I guess me and my friends will have to teach you a lesson.  But first, payback for last night.”


 

------------------------------------------


 

“Chanhee!  Jiho and Jiseok are here.”

 

“Arasso!”  Chanhee shouted back as she came from the back.  She came to the front of the counter where two of her best guy friends were waiting.  The brothers swept her up in a big hug.  “Ya!  Both of you let me go.  I can’t breathe.”  They did so swiftly and apologized.

 

“So,” started Jiho, “Are they ready?”  Chanhee pulled two brown bags from behind the register and waved them in the air.  The boys greedily grabbed for the bags, but Chanhee pulled them away.

 

“Not so fast.”  They both pouted.  “You two promised that you’d give me my present this week.”

 

“Don’t worry.  You’ll get it.  We promise.” assured Jiseok.

 

“Yeah.  There’s no way we would withhold your birthday present.”  His younger brother backed him up.  “Now can we please have the steam buns?”  They both put on their best aegyo faces and Chanhee folded.  She sighed and relinquished the bags.  The brothers whooped and hastily took them.  “So, Nana-noona told us you saw Jinyoung last night at the party.  Do we have to ruff anyone up?”

 

“No.  He really didn’t get to say much before being shown the door.”

 

“Shown the door?”

 

“Yes, Jiseok.  You already know that Nana-unnie made me go to that party last night.  I didn’t really want to be involved, so I went to the back deck.  There was a guy there.  He was very sweet and even helped stop when when I was about to fall off.  Then Jinyoung showed and and kept demanding I come with him.  The guy I was with stepped in, pulled some kind of martial arts move so that Jinyoung’s arm was behind him, then Jinyoung was shoved to the door.  The guy’s name was Minseok.  He was really brave.”

 

“Well, was this guy kind of short and have a baby face?”  Chanhee’s face twisted in confusion, but nodded.  Jiho was standing outside the front door and staring down the street.  “Umm, your ex and his friends are about to pound him.”

 

“Bwoh?!”  Chanhee rushed from the cash register to stand beside Jiho.  He pointed a bit down the street.  “Pabo!  You could have told me sooner!”  She took off running down the street and got to the group just as Jinyoung’s fist connected with Minseok’s face.  Chanhee pushed her way past Sunwoo and Chanshik.  “Minseok!”  She took his cheeks in her hands and he flinched.  His left cheek was starting to swell and there was a little blood running from the corner of his mouth.

 

“Jagi-ah, out the way.  This guy needs to learn not to mess with someone bigger than him.”  Jinyoung grabbed Chanhee’s arm and pulled her out of the way.  He was squeezing so hard, Chanhee yelled in pain.

 

“Jinyoung, you have two seconds to let her go before I kick your .”  Jinyoung looked up and his face started to lose a little color.  Woo Jiseok was not someone to mess with.  His 184 cm height and very strong stature made him very intimidating.  That and Jiseok had already taken on Jinyoung’s little friends.  They weren’t any match for him.

 

Jinyoung let go of Chanhee immediately and his group started to retreat.  The Woo brothers said their goodbyes there and followed in the same way B1A4 had left.  Chanhee moved back to Xiumin’s side.  “Omo, I can’t believe he did that to you.”  Xiumin gave her a weak smile.

 

“Don’t worry about me.  That punch was nothing.”  Chanhee started pulling him into the shop.

 

“We have to get some ice on that cheek of yours.”  Xiumin let himself be pulled into the shop and to the break room in the back.  He sat in one of the seats on the counter and she went to the fridge for an ice pack.  “I’m so sorry about this.”  She sat in the seat beside him and gently pressed the pack on his face.  Minseok shirked back a bit, but let Chanhee continue.  “Are you alright?”

 

“Yeah.  Thanks.”

 

“It’s the least I can do.  This wouldn’t have happened if it wasn’t for me.”

 

“Maybe, but making sure he didn’t hurt you was more important.  Did he grab you too hard?”

 

“No, but don’t worry about.  I’m more concerned about you.”

 

“It’s not so bad.  Only stings a bit.”  He sniffed the air.  “What smells so good?”  After putting the ice pack done, Chanhee stood up and walked over to the stove in the corner.  She opened the steamer and after the steam had blown away, she looked in and smile.

 

“That would be lunch.”