Chapter 8

Silly Baozi

The younger boys stared at the oldest, now observing his face severely.  His cheek was a bit swollen.

 

“Alright, what happened?”  Kris folded his arms and leaned back in his chair, waiting for an answer.  Minseok dropped his head and sighed.  There was no use hiding it now.

 

“Someone punched me in the face,” he said as calmly as possible.  Meanwhile the others started firing a hundred questions.  “All of you calm down!”

 

“Calm down?  Xiumin, you were punched in the face!”  Luhan yelled back.  “My main question is why.”  Minseok bit his bottom lip.

 

“It’s a bit complicated.”

 

“Make it uncomplicated.  What happened?  You just don’t get punched in the face for no reason.”  Minseok buried his face in his hands.  “Baozi!”

 

“Fine okay!  It’s all Kris’s fault anyway.”

 

“How is it my fault?”

 

“All of you hush and I’ll tell you.”  All his dongsaengs finally settled.  Minseok ran a hand through his hair and sighed.  “Okay, first of all, I’m happy I got punched in the face.  You all will hear why in a second.”  He stood up and took a deep breath.

 

“Yesterday, some flowers were delivered to the office.  There was commotion so I checked it out.”

 

“That’s not all you checked out.”

 

“Chen, I’m telling the story!”

 

“Mianhe, hyung.”

 

“Anyway, I saw the delivery girl.  I had to find out more about her.  I got the address of her job and during lunch, I was gonna go check it out, but on the way there I caught her talking to her unnie, Nana.”

 

“Nana?  Are you talking about a girl with blonde hair?” Kris asked and the elder nodded.  “So you must be talking about the girl that she came with?”

 

“Yep.  I overheard them talking about your party.”

 

“Is she the reason you called me and asked for help picking out an outfit?”

 

“Yes!  Now shh!  I’m telling a story.”  He breathed deep before continuing.  “Well, after forever, she finally showed up.  We were on the back deck when some guy came and tried to drag her out.  That guy was her ex, but he didn’t get the message that she was done with him.  After he grabbed her, I stepped in and made him leave.  That’s when her and Nana left.

 

Then today, I decided I wanted to eat at the diner across from her job for lunch.  On the way, he ex and his friends cornered me.  He got in one good hit and that’s what happened to my face.”

 

“Wait, what about the girl?  Did you see her today?” questioned Lay.  Xiumin started grinning like the Chesire Cat.

 

“Yeah I did.  After the ex slugged me, she rushed out and her friend scared him and his group away.  She rushed me inside and gave me and ice pack.  At that moment, she had just got done cooking lunch.  We ate and talked for a while.  Then she packed all of this for you guys.”  He motioned at the food on the table.  “If you don’t finish it, I will personally see to you demize.”

 

“So, does that mean you have a girlfriend?”

 

“Aniyo Tao.  We just met.”

 

“But, you wouldn’t mind it.”

 

“Well, no….”  Kris stood up and clapped.  All of the others turned their heads to give him attention.

 

“Alright guys.  We have a mission.  The mission:  Help Xiumin land this girl.  Everyone agreed?”  The others nodded while Xiumin blushed.  “Good.  First phase:  Get them alone.”

 

“Um, can we eat before phase one?” asked Chen.  The others agreed and they all sat down and enjoyed their delicious lunch prepared by the thief that had stolen Xiumin’s heart.