Chapter 3

Silly Baozi

When he got back to the office, Xiumin sped through his work.  He wanted to have as much time as possible to get ready for this party and there was no way in hell he wasn’t gonna look his best.  He had even called Kris during lunch and told him to help pick out an outfit.  The younger was skeptic, but gave in to his hyung without question.

 

Finally four o’clock rolled around and that meant quitting time for a certain meat bun.  He grabbed up his belongings and left for the entrance where Kris and Tao were waiting on him.  The two took their oldest hyung out shopping since Minseok’s wardrobe was void of good party clothes.

 

It was almost half past six when all of EXO-M made it to the venue.  Kris and Lay were prepping the food, Luhan was setting up the music system, Tao was practicing his wushu on the deck outside, while Minseok and Chen talked.  Ever since they had arrived, Minseok had been antsy and Chen was trying his best to calm him down.

 

“Hyung, you seriously need to chill out.  You’re gonna start sweating and no girl at this party is gonna wanna talk to you.  What’s wrong?  You stressed at work or something?”  Minseok collapsed on one of the couches.

 

“Promise not to tell the others?”  Chen plopped down beside him and nodded.  “Okay.  Today a lady at work had flowers delivered to her for her anniversary.  I was in my office and there was a big commotion about it so I went to go see about it.  There was a giant bouquet of flowers there in the break room.  I was gonna go congratulate the woman, but…”  Minseok bit his lip.  Jongdae shook him.

 

“But what?”

 

“I saw the delivery girl.  She was amazingly pretty.  I talked to the woman who had gotten the flowers and found out her name was Chanhee.  I also got the address of the flower shop she works at.  I was going down there at lunch to talk to, but my mind went blank and when I was almost there I realized I didn’t know what to say.”  Chen was fighting down his urge to laugh at his hyung, but it was hard.  Minseok slapped his arm.  “Ya!  I know I’m pathetic, but don’t laugh about it.”

 

“Okay.  I’m sorry.” Jongdae regained his composure.  “So why are you so stressed right now?  It’s not like you’re sure you’re gonna run into her again tonight.”

 

“I am sure.”  Chen gave him a confused look.  “I was gonna turn back around when I got near the shop, but then she came out with her unnie.  The older one said something about them coming to Yifan’s party.  We are in Korea at the moment Jongdae.  How many Yifan’s do you find in Korea?”  Chen nodded.

 

“So this is why you let Tao and Kris play dress up.  You wanna impress her.”  Xiumin covered his face with his hands and nodded.  “Dude, she must be pretty.  I can’t remember the last time you were interested in a girl.  Can’t wait to meet her.”

 

“I have to meet her first.”  Chen gave him a firm pat on the back.

 

“Don’t worry.  No girl would pass you up tonight.  Tao and Kris did a good job.”  Lay shouted for Chen.  “Just calm down hyung.  She’s gonna like you.”  With that, he got up to go see  what Lay wanted in the kitchen.

 

Hours later, Kris’s party was in full swing.  Music blasted through the house.  Xiumin wasn’t one for the party seen and was observing from the outside deck, leaned against the wood railing and looked out to the lake behind the venue.  The water glistened from the half moon in the sky.

 

“Baozi, come join the party!”

 

“Stuff it deer boy.  I told you not to call me that.”  Luhan leaned next to him.

 

“You had Kris and Tao dress you up to go to this party and you’re not even gonna show it off.  Tsk. Tsk.  Wasteful.”

 

“Okay.  You’re right.  I’m just not really good at the whole party thing.”  Luhan grabbed the elder’s arm and dragged him back inside to the kitchen.

 

“Grab a drink and loosen up.”  Luhan left to go enjoy the party.  Minseok sighed and grabbed a red plastic cup.  Good thing this was regular punch.  He hated alcohol.  Chen popped into the kitchen.

 

“Hyung, is she here yet?”  Xiumin checked his watch.  It read a quarter past eight.

 

“Maybe.  If not soon.  I heard her unnie say that they would leave at eight so they might already be here.”

 

“Have you thought about what you’re gonna say?”

 

“No clue,” he huffed.  “You got any ideas?”  Chen shook his head.

 

“Just go with what flows naturally.”

 

“That doesn’t help.  I don’t know how to talk to girls.”

 

“Well you could ask Kris to introduce you.”

 

“And have him mock me?  I’ll pass.”

 

“Well when she gets here, let me know.  I wanna see the girl who’s making my hyung go crazy.”  Chen patted Xiumin on the back and left the kitchen.  Xiumin looked down at his punch.  He better not drink the rest.  If she shows up the last thing he would want is to have to rush to the bathroom.