Chapter 18

Silly Baozi

Chanhee's jaw nearly nearly hit the floor.  Were all her friends trying to set her up?  “Why do you wanna meet him?” she asked.

 

“I want to see him and make sure that he can protect you.  You don’t need to be going around with some weakling.”

 

“But still, I don’t think it’s necessary to bring him.  We aren’t even close.  I barely know him.”

 

“You know him enough to go on a date with him, so you know him enough to invite him to a party.  That being said, it’s getting late and I still have a few errands to run.  I’ll see you two later.  And call me if something happens.”  Both girls nodded and their male friend exited.  Chanhee let out a heavy sigh.

 

“Unnie,” she cried. “Do I really have to do this?  I don’t even know how to get in touch with him.  And I wouldn’t even know how to ask him.  It would just be awkward.”  Nana pulled her dongsaeng into a tight hug.

 

“Just leave everything to your unnie.  I’ll make sure you have the date and the outfit.  Just leave it to me.”

 

“Why don’t I feel reassured by that?”

 

------------------

 

    It was now Wednesday afternoon, exactly three days before Jiho’s party.  Instead of goofing off, Yifan was actually working.  He was only lifting boxes, but it was work.  Since he was so tall, the other employees left all the boxes that belonged on the higher shelves to him.  It’s tough being over six feet and working with short people.

 

    After stacking highest shelf, Yifan decided he deserved a small break.  He exited the storage room and made his way into the employee break room.  Digging his phone out of his pocket, he unlocked it saw there was a message for him.  From Nana.  A smile broke on his face.  And then disappeared as he read the words everyone hates to see or hear.

 

We need to talk.

        -Nana

 

    Yifan started to remember every bad thing he had done in his life.  Was something wrong?  What was there to talk about?  Hesitantly, he replied that he was on break and could talk now.  Almost as quickly as he sent the message, his phone started ringing, Nana’s face coming up on the caller ID.  He slid his finger over the green phone icon and put the phone to his ear.

 

    “Yoboseyo?”

 

    “Yifan!  I need to ask you something!  It’s really important!”  Yifan swallowed hard.  Oh god, what could it be?  “I need Minseok’s phone number!”

 

“M-Minseok?  Why do you need his number?”  On the other end of the phone, Nana was rolling her eyes.

 

    “Why else?  For Chanhee!  She needs to ask him to a Jiho’s party.”   Yifan’s face twisted in confusion.

 

    “Jiho?  Who is Jiho?”

 

    “Yah!  Wu Yifan, this is no time for you to be jealous even if it is adorable.  Are you going to give me the number or not?”  Yifan sighed and pulled the phone away from his ear.  He went through his contacts, retrieved his hyungs contact info, and sent it to Nana via text.  Once he was done the phone came back to his ear

 

“You got it?”

 

“Yep!”  She said, obviously excited.  “I’ll give it to Chanhee and have her call him hopefully tonight.  Do you think you and Minseok can be ready by Saturday?”  Yifan smirked.

 

“Yah!  Is that how you ask me on a date?”

 

“Are you saying no?”  He could envision Nana smiling on the other end.

 

“What time?”

 

------------------

 

    It was now 7:09 in the evening and Chanhee was just getting to Nana’s apartment.  Her unnie had demanded she come over.  Of course, Nana never said what needed to be done so Chanhee had to show up to see.

 

    Upon entering the apartment, Chanhee was rushed over to the couch and told to take out her phone.  As much as she wanted to object, there was no use fighting with Nana.  No one ever won.  Nana dialed a number into it and told Chanhee to call the number.

 

    “Who’s  number is it?”  Chanhee asked, but of course Nana refused to answer.  Sighing, she called the number as directed.  Nana made her put it on speaker phone.

 

    Minseok was in the EXO-M dorm, enjoying dinner with the other tenants when his phone started ringing.  He pulled it out from his pants pocket and saw that the number was not saved in his phone.  Thinking it was some telemarketer that would take ten seconds to get rid of, he answered the phone at the table.

 

    “Yoboseyo?”  Hearing a male voice on the line, Chanhee’s eyes widened.  She looked at Nana who mouthed Minseok’s name.  Seeing where this was going, Chanhee cut her eyes at Nana, but replied.

 

    “Minseok-oppa?”  Hearing his crush’s voice on the other end, Minseok nearly choked.

 

    “C-Chanee-ah?”  All of the other five boys looked up from their meals and stared at their eldest hyung.  

 

“Neh.  Um...Are you busy right now?  There’s something I have to ask you.”  Seeing now that there would be prying ears, Minseok excused himself from the table and sprinted towards his room, closing the door behind him.

 

“I’m not busy at all.  Ask away.”  He sat down on his bed and tried to calm his palpitating heart.

 

“Well...One of my friends is hosting a party this weekend.  Saturday actually.  I was just wondering, maybe if you aren’t too busy, if you would like to…..Go with me?”  Now Minseok’s heart was racing so fast he thought he would have a heart attack.

 

“U-Umm…..”

 

“It’s okay if you can’t go.  You probably already have plans.  It’s selfish of me to try and interrupt your schedule.”

 

“No!  I-I mean, I’m free this weekend, and I would really, really like to go to this party with you.”  Minseok smiled weakly while Chanhee, unbenounced to herself, was grinning like the Chesire Cat.

 

“Great!  Um...I’ll text you later with the info.”

 

“Awesome.”

 

“Okay.  I’ll talk to you soon oppa.  Bye.”

 

“Goodbye Chanhee-ah.”  They both hung up and Minseok stood up, still smiling.  He went over and opened the door, only to see his friends there, trying to act like they weren’t spying.  His smile was erased and his cheeks started to get hotter.  There was no privacy in this damn dorm!

 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I hate college, someone kill me.  I'm just got done with 24 credit hours and next semester I'm doing 26.  I feel like I'm drowning.  Only Xiumin makes things better.  And I need some beta readers for a new story I want to develop.  It stars Choi Minho of SHINee.  Can you guys comment to keep my spirits up and/ or tell me if you will be a beta test.  Thanks!