Chapter 22

Silly Baozi

    It was a big day for Minseok.  Today, he would either be rejected by Chanhee’s social group, or….  Well, he didn’t think there was an or.  Right now, he was pacing his room shirtless.  He had had on his shirt, but Yifan made him take it off in fear of sweating.  Luhan watched from his bed while Jongdae and Zitao sat on Minseok’s.  Jongdae was filming his hyung’s nervousness on his phone while the other two watched.  

 

Minseok noticed Jongdae and turned towards him.  “Can you please not do this?  I don’t want you filming this.”

 

“Aww, come on!” Jongdae smirked.  “Maybe Chanhee will come over and I can show her this video that showcases just how much you want to impress her.”

 

“Not to mention she gets a look at Buff Baozi,” chimed in Luhan.  Minseok took a pillow from Yifan’s bed and flung it at the Deer Princess’ face.  The four boys continued chatting and teasing until Yixing came in and interrupted their fun.

 

Yixing knocked on the open door and the others turned their attention towards him.  “Umm, Yifan just called me.  He said when he gets back from the grocery store, he would get changed and then you guys are leaving.”  Minseok closed his eyes and sighed.  It was torture waiting.

 

Yifan finally returned home and was taking his sweet time getting in the bathroom.  Minseok had been given back his shirt and was now sitting on his bed.  Luhan sat opposite of him on his own bed.  Luhan had been helping with his hair and trying to give a pep talk, but nothing was really working.  Minseok was still worked up.

 

Luhan let out a sigh.  His hyung had never acted like this before and it was so unusual, no one really knew how to handle him.  “Hyung,you never bug out this much.  What makes her so special?”

 

Minseok let out a breath before looking at Luhan before giving a small chuckle.  “I’m not exactly sure.  She just is.”  He smiled a bit.  “She’s cute.  A little sassy.  She is just...special.”  Minseok’s smile grew.  “When I first saw her, I kept thinking about her all day.  And the day I visited the flower shop she works in, she was so kind and caring.  Especially since she made that food for the six of us.  And at the movies...God!  I can’t even describe that day.”

 

Luhan laughed at his hyung.  “This is nice.  To see you this happy.  I hope tonight goes well.  It would be nice if someone in this dorm not to be single.  Wish it was me, but settle for it to be you, Hyung.”

 

“What about Yifan and Nana?”

 

“He has been trying to get Nana for the past 5 months.  I’ve given up on him.  You’ve probably made more progress than him in this last week than he has that whole time.  You’ll probably be with Chanhee before those two get together.”  Both the boy started laughing until Yifan, fully dressed, walked into the room with a confused look on his face.

 

“What’s so funny?” he asked.  Minseok and Luhan looked at him and back at each other before they started laughing again.  Yifan asked again and still got no answer, prompting him to change the subject.  He turned to the eldest of the three.  “Are you ready?”  Minseok quickly grew quiet.  Now was the time.  He his lips and nodded slowly before standing up.  Yifan nodded back at him and walked out of the room.  Minseok was about to follow, but Luhan stood up and blocked his path.

 

“I think you can do this.  Don’t let anyone stop you from getting the girl.”  Minseok stood up and smiled at this dongsaeng.

 

“The only one stopping me right now is you, Deer Boy.”  Luhan smiled back at him before they shared a quick hug.  Minseok quickly left the room, put on his sneakers, and left the dorm with Yifan.

 

After taking a cab, Yifan and Minseok were now standing outside two story house.  From the outside, you could hear the mass of people and music.  Yifan took a step forward and knocked on the door hard so they would hopefully be heard over the music.  A few moments passed and Yifan was about to knock again when the door swung open.  Yifan was looking down at a finely dressed Nana.  She smiled at the both of them.

 

"I'm glad you two finally made.  Come in."  She moved out of the way and Minseok and Yifan slid in past her so that she could close the door.  Grabbing Yifan by the hand, Nana led the two of them through the living room and kitchen to the backyard.  It was lit with paper lanterns and an in-ground pool that looked like it was made with LED lights that were changing colors.  A few guys were playing volleyball with a beach ball in the pool. A couple more were sitting around the edges and talking.  Groups of people were spread around the place, but Minseok hadn’t seen Chanhee yet.

 

Yifan noticed what Minseok was looking for and so did Nana.  She giggled a little before saying, “You aren’t gonna find her right now.  We had to hide her for a little bit.”  Minseok gave her a confused look.  Nana looked out over the pool before calling out, “Woo Jiseok!”  Two boys who were sitting on a few lawn chairs by the pool looked up at her and Minseok immediately had the feeling like he should run.

 

As the Woo brothers made their way over to the patio where Nana, Yifan, and Minseok were, Nana slowly pulled Yifan away into the kitchen.  Minseok wasn’t even aware of their leaving.  Jiseok and Jiho finally made their way onto the deck and stood tall in front of Minseok.  Jiseok made a slight bow and Minseok returned the gesture.  "Kim Minseok, right?"

 

"Yeah.  And you're Woo Jiseok.  Chanhee's chingu."  Jiseok smirked a little bit.  Jiho looked between the two.

 

“And apparently I’m invisible.” Jiho murmured in a low voice.

 

“If you want people to know who you are, introduce yourself,” Nana said bluntly.  Dear god, sometimes Jiho was just a big baby.  Nana looked at Jiseok.  “Now, are you gonna do this with him or not?”

 

Yifan looked between Nana and Jiseok with a concerned look.  “Do what with who?”


Nana looked back and with the most innocent smile she could conjure, she replied, “Jiseok-oppa wants a rematch.”