Chapter 14

Silly Baozi

Nana and Chanhee were relaxing at one of the tables as they waited for Kris and Minseok to come back.  Nana crossed her arms and sighed.

 

“God, I wish you had never met that guy.”  Chanhee, who was playing with her plushie, rolled her eyes.

 

“Nana, you were the person who decided I needed to date him.”

 

“Well, at the time he was actually nice.  How was I supposed to know that he would turn into a complete jerk?”  The younger sighed.  Her friend was so silly.  Nana sat up and turned to her dongsaeng.  “Next topic: What did Chanhee and Minseok while Nana and Kris watched a movie?”  Chanhee smiled unconsciously.

 

“Nothing special.  We played in the arcade and he won me Minbao.  Then we took some pictures in a photo booth.  After that, we just talked for a the rest of the time and you and Kris came out.”

 

“Pictures?!  Let me see!”  Chanhee set Minbao on her lap and opened her cross-shoulder purse.  Out of her wallet, she took the stream of pictures.  Nana gushed about how cute they were.  “Ya!  I want pictures like this with Kris.  You two look so cute!”  Chanhee chuckled at her friend.

 

“Well, the next time you two go out, just pull him in.  He seems like the type that loves pictures.”  Nana rolled her eyes.

 

“You don’t understand how many times I’ve caught him taking ‘secret selcas.’  He loves taking them.”

 

“Then there shouldn’t be a problem.”  The girls giggled.  “So you think Kris is going to be your next boyfriend?”  Nana blushed slightly and tried to hide her smile.

 

“Maybe.  I mean, if me asked me out, I wouldn’t say no.  Especially after how he stood up to Jinyoung.  He was so dreamy.  Like a knight.”

 

“Stop watching so many fairy tale movies.  They’re starting to affect your brain function.”

 

“What?  Can you honestly say that you’ve never imagined being a princess and meeting the one guy who will protect you and whisk you away to a happy ever after?”

 

“Yeah.  But then I turn 12 and entered the real world.”  Nana jokingly pushed her friend.

 

-----------------------

 

Minseok and Kris didn't end up finding a vending machine in the park so they opted for a convenience store down the road.  They picked out what they wanted quickly, but were debating on what to get the girls.  Xiumin couldn't decide between a strawberry drink or a peach one while Yi Fan was comparing different smoothies.

 

Xiumin chose the strawberry drink and was looking around for snacks.  He leisurely walked down the aisle until a red package caught his eyes.  He had a flashback to earlier when he and Chanhee were talking while waiting for Nana and Kris.

 

They were talking about the things that they missed from when they were in high school.  Minseok had mentioned the pocky he loved to munch on while studying.  She agreed and told him that was her favorite snack, but hadn’t had any in so long.

 

Minseok picked up the big pack and smiled.  “She’s gonna like this.”  He looked around for Kris and saw that he was still deciding for Nana’s drink.  Minseok sighed.  Kris was so indecisive.  Minseok chose a bag of pretzels for Nana and went back to Kris.  The mango smoothie was chosen, so the boys paid and hurried back to the girls.

 

---------------------------------

 

Nana and Chanhee were chatting away while they waited.  As they did, they caught the attention of two boys who were playing frisbee nearby.  One of the boys “accidentally” launched the frisbee the “wrong way.”  It landed on the table that the girls were sitting at with a thud and made Nana scream and Chanhee jump.  The boys smiled slyly at each other and jogged up to the table.

 

One of them bowed.  "I'm so sorry.  He doesn't have very good aim."  His friend pretended to look offended.

 

"Hey!  I saw two pretty girls and was momentarily distracted.  I couldn't help myself."  The girls exchanged looks.  Chanhee took the frisbee from the table and handed it back to them.

 

"Well, now you can continue."  The shorter one accepted the frisbee and smiled.

 

"We were hoping that maybe we could ditch our game and continue talking to you girls."

 

"Or you could leave since they're already on a date with me and my hyung."  The girls turned around and saw that Kris and Minseok had returned.

 

The boys' faces turned into a shocked expression.  "Oh!  Sorry, we didn't know.  Let's go Mir."  The taller one started walking away.

 

"Right behind you Joon."  The other followed.

 

Minseok set the bag of goodies in the middle of the table and took a seat next to Chanhee.  Before he took the contents from the bag, he turned to his date.  “Close your eyes.”  Chanhee gave him a cautious and questioning look.  He chuckled softly.  “Jebahl?”  She gave him one more look before doing what he had asked.

 

Minseok quickly took out the box of pocky and opened it as quietly as possible.  He took out one of the chocolate covered biscuit sticks put it close to her lips.  “Open up.”  Again, she obeyed and opened .  He moved the snack so that part of it would drop into when she bit down.  “And….bite.”

 

Poki!

 

Chanhee’s eyes flew open as she recognized the sound and flavor.  She smiled and chewed on the snack.  After swallowing, she smiled at him and he returned the action.

 

“Oppa!  I can’t believe you remembered about these.”

 

“Well I was listening intently when you and I talked.  Of course I would remember.”  

Her smile became a bit more gentle.  Minseok was one of the sweetest guys she had ever met and they barely known each other a day.

 

"Aww.  That's so cute."  Chanhee turned to her unnie.

 

"Hajima!  Just eat your pretzels Nana!"