Chapter 17

Silly Baozi

Just as he should be doing, Minseok was absorbed in his work.  That's when his phone beeped, indicating a notification from one of his apps.  Looking up at the clock, it was about time for his last break.  After stretching, he stood, grabbed his phone, and headed to the break room.  After pouring himself a small cup of coffee, Minseok unlocked his phone and checked his notifications.  It was a SnapChat.  Minseok didn’t use it often, only with his roommates.  It could only be one of them.

 

Opening the app, he saw that it was a SnapChat from Jongdae, the only other Korean in his dorm.  “Well,” Minseok said to himself, “let’s see what it is.”  While taking a sip of his coffee, he opened the message and almost choked.  There was a picture of Chen at work.  That’s not what was surprising.  The fact that Chanhee was next to him posing is what threw him for a loop.  How the heck did they even know each other?

 

After the shock, Minseok turned his phone off and went back to work.  The sooner he got done, the sooner he could clock out and go home.  The sooner he got home, the sooner he got his questions answered.

 

Finally, it was quittin’ time.  Minseok packed up his things and headed straight home, hoping that Chen would already be there.  After a while, Minseok finally entered the EXO dorm building and headed straight to dorm M.  He punched in the key code and entered, being greeted by a very annoyed-looking Yifan who was sitting on the couch, watching some random variety show.  Minseok gave his a curious look.  “What’s the matter with you?” he asked his dongsaeng.  Yifan looked up at him.

 

“Kim Jongdae.  He sent me a SnapChat today.”  Minseok scowled.  Why was he upset about that?  “Nana was in it.”

 

Oh!  Now it made sense.

 

Minseok smirked.  “So he got her too?”  Yifan’s face twisted in confusion.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“He sent me one too.  But this one had Chanhee in it.”

 

“So he met both the girls?  Damn, I hope he didn’t do anything that will ruin our chances.’  Minseok chuckled and sat next to Yifan on the couch.

 

"He isn't that harsh.  At least I hope not.  We can give him the benefit of the doubt until he gets home.  Arraseo?"

 

"Gorugetjji."

 

“Good.  Now what do you want for dinner?  More chicken?”

 

“Chicken nae style aniya.”

 

“You said that last time...And then ate it.”

 

“It was more delicious than what I thought.”  The elder shook his head and stood back, collected his things, and entered his room to change into more comfortable clothing.

 

Jongdae didn’t arrive home until three hours later.  By that time, Luhan and Zitao had already returned and were sitting on the couch with Yifan and Minseok.  All were watching a movie.  When he entered, Yifan immediately pulled him down onto the couch.

 

“What the hell Kim Jongdae?” he asked.  “What was with that SnapChat?”  Jongdae, after getting over the shock of being pulled down, cracked a smile.

 

“Well, hyung, the girls came into my workplace today.  I knew who they were from the pictures of Chanhee, so I guessed the other was Nana.  I decided it would be funny to take a picture and send it to you.  But I guess it was only funny to me.  Oops!”  Yifan sighed.

 

“At least tell me you didn’t embarrass us.  I’m so close to dating Nana and Minseok just got in good with Chanhee.”

 

“If anything, I helped.  They purchased some rings from the shop and I gave them a big discount.  Which reminds me, you both owe me ₩16,000 each.  I don’t actually get an employee discount.”  Minseok raised an eyebrow.

 

“Just how much did the rings cost in the first place?” he asked.

 

“About ₩20,000 each.  It’s a nice store and the rings were well made.  Besides, now Chanhee promised to make more baozi since I gave them the discount.  She’s really stubborn, but cute.  Nice choice hyung.”   Minseok threw one of the couch pillows at him.


 

------------------

 

    

    Chanhee was back at home now.  Her and Nana were in her room, watching a movie.  There was a knock on the door.  Without Chanhee's permission, her cousin, Jongkook, popped inside.

 

"Noona, Jiho-hyung is here.  He says that he wants to talk to you."  Chanhee moved off her bed and out to the living room where her friend was waiting.

 

“Oppa, what is it?”  They both stood in the middle of her living room.

 

Jiho let out a big breath and looked at her.  “Okay,” he began.  “I need to tell you something.  And you are really not gonna like it?”  Chanhee raised an eyebrow but stayed quiet, waiting for him to continue.  “I have a friend, who is friends with Jinyoung.”  Chanhee immediately stiffened at the mention of her ex.  “Jinyoung is planning on getting you back.  I don’t know when, or how, but he’s planning something.  I came over to tell you this.  Don’t go anywhere alone.  He’s waiting for it.  If you can, make sure you’re with a guy that can protect you.  Call me or Jiseok-hyung if needed.”

 

“That won’t be necessary.”  Nana appeared from around the corner, where she had been eavesdropping.  “I’m quite sure that Minseok-oppa will be happy to her anywhere she needs to go.”  Chanhee rolled her eyes.  Here we go again.

 

“Who?” Jiho questioned.  “Please don’t tell me it’s that guy who got punched in the face.  Can he even defend himself?”

 

“Well he did a good job yesterday.”  Nana explained. “Jinyoung’s stupidity helped though.  But she’s fine.  Just go home.”  Jiho looked a bit put out, but accepted what Nana was saying.

 

“Okay.  If you say everything is good, but if something happens you have to promise you’ll call me.  Arraseo?”  Both girls nodded in response.  Jiho turned to leave, but turned back around to address them one more time.  “And one last thing.  Next week I am having a party.  Bring him.”