Chapter 11

Silly Baozi

A/N:  My school is a and blocked AFF, so updates are gonna be slower.  Sorry guys!  Please still love me!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chanhee was a bit too shocked to speak.  Nana had said that she would be going on this date with Yifan’s hyung.  She said nothing about this hyung being the oppa that saved her the other night and the same oppa that had gotten punched in the face the day before.  She was very surprised.

 

Minseok on the other hand knew about everything.  He knew that she was shocked, but was waiting for her reaction.  Right now, she was staring dumbfounded.  He rubbed the back of his neck and looked to Kris for help.

 

Kris clapped him on the back.  “Well, now that you girls here, we’ll go grab the popcorn, candy, and drinks.  Be right back.”  The boys turned away and headed for the concessions stand.  “See that wasn’t so bad.  Now, we just have to get through the movie.”

 

“I guess you’re right.  What kind of drink and candy are you gonna get Nana?”  Kris stood there for a second, then facepalmed himself.  “You forgot to ask didn’t you?”

 

“Well, what about you?  You didn’t ask Chanhee!”  Minseok smirked.

 

“She likes root beer or orange soda and loves chewy fruit candy and chocolate.”

 

“How do you know all that?”

 

“We talked a lot at lunch.  And she talked about whenever her and Nana go to the movies together, Nana always gets a cherry ICEE and a package of Kit-Kats.”  Kris’s jaw dropped.  “You are welcome.  Now you can buy everything in exchange for that information.”  Kris wanted to argue, but there was no point.  His hyung had him beat.

 

While the boys were getting the food, Chanhee and Nana sat down at a bench and chatted.

 

“Isn’t that the same guy from the party?”  Chanhee nodded.  “Well, at least he’s not a jerk.  And he’s not that bad looking either.  Maybe he could be your next-”

 

“Don’t even go there Nana.  I don’t want a boyfriend.”

 

“Why not?  I want you to be happy.”

 

“I can’t be happy by myself?”

 

“No.”  Chanhee rolled her eyes.  “Would it really be so bad for him to be your boyfriend?”

 

“Of course not.  Minseok-oppa is really sweet and he listens to me, but I don’t know if he likes me that way.”

 

“And what way do you like him?”  Chanhee started to blush and Nana cracked a grin.

 

“Ya!  It’s not like that.  He’s just really sweet.  He’s kind of like a big brother type.”

 

“You mean the type that would take care of you in the right ways.  Come on!  Why don’t you give it a try?”

 

“Give what a try?”  The girls looked up and saw that their dates were back.  They stood up and smiled.

 

“A new hairstyle.  I wanna dye her hair red.  Don’t you think she would look so cute with that color Minseok-oppa?”

 

“Umm, I-I think that she looks perfect the way she is right now.”  Chanhee smiled shly and hung her head.

 

“Aww.  That's such sweet thing to say.  I hope that sweetness rubs off on Kris."

 

"Hey!  I'm sweet enough.”  Nana pinched his cheeks.

 

“Of course you are.  Now how about that movie.”  Kris moved her hand away and led the group into the theater.  Just as they found their seats, the theater darkened and the movie started.  The first thing that came out of the speakers was a blood-chilling scream.  Most of the audience jumped.  Chanhee and Minseok, on the other hand, stared emotionlessly at the screen.  Both of them had heard about the screaming in the beginning and had anticipated it.  The movie continued.  Almost every five minutes, the audience was screaming over whatever was being played, but those two were bored out of their minds.

 

Xiumin took a peek at his dongsaeng and Chanhee’s unnie.  The both looked horrified.  He sighed.  Kris was such a scaredy cat.  He leaned over to Chanhee and whispered, “This is boring.  You wanna leave?”  Chanhee looked at him and nodded.

 

“Please.  If it wasn’t for all the screaming, I would have fallen asleep by now.”  Minseok nodded and leaned over to Kris, who was on his other side.  He mumbled something in Chinese and after Yi Fan nodded, Chanhee and Minseok left the theater.

 

They sat down in the lobby and sighed.  “So that’s why you don’t like scary movies.  You don’t get scared.”  Chanhee smiled shyly and nodded.

 

“I don’t like being scared and it doesn’t happen often.  Nana always wants to watch those movies, even though she get’s nightmares.”

 

“That sounds exactly like Kris.  He always has to talk to himself to calm down.  It’s really funny.”

 

“I’m sorry you spent that money on the movie and we didn’t stay to watch it, oppa.”

 

“That’s not a problem.  How about we do something while they finish that movie?”

 

“Like?”  Minseok looked around the theater lobby.  In a far corner, lights were flashing.  Xiumin smiled and turned to her.

 

“How good are you at video games?”