Chapter 13

Silly Baozi

Minseok let himself be pulled over to a photo booth next to the concessions.  Chanhee gave him a big smile.

 

“Oppa, can we take pictures?”  She looked so happy, all he could do was nod and be pulled inside.  He paid for the session and the two started posing.  The first was the iconic peace sign.  The next, Xiumin took the plushie he had just won and put it up to his face.  Chanhee pretended she was about to kiss it.  They continued on with silly pictures until the session was over.  Minseok and Chanhee looked at the pictures afterwards and laughed at their foolishness.

 

They sat in the lobby until the movie was over.  Kris and Nana finally came over and Minseok waved them over.  Kris and Minseok had a chat in Chinese so the girls wouldn’t understand.

 

“So how was the movie?  Did you talk to yourself to calm yourself again?”  Minseok gave a triumphant smirk while Yi Fan frowned.  It was a reference of last year.  All the guys had went through a haunted house one at a time.  The others could see the reaction of whoever was inside at the time.  Minseok had gone and come out without a problem, but Kris kept talking to himself to try and calm down.

 

“What about you?  I see that you two are closer now.  What did you do while me and Nana were in the movie?”  Xiumin smiled shyly and rubbed his neck.

 

"Nothing really.  We played in the arcade and I won her a plushie.  Then we took pictures in the photo booth.  After that we waited in the lobby for you two."  Kris playfully punched the others arm.

 

"Didn't think my hyung had so much game.  The guys are gonna love hearing about this."  Minseok's cheeks started to burn.  He would probably be ambushed by the other four as soon as they got home.  Joy!

 

They stopped the separate conversation and rejoined the girls.  Nana was trying to take the mini baozi from Chanhee and Chanhee was trying to hide from her.  She used Kris and Minseok as a barrier from her unnie.

 

"Why can't I see it?" Nana whined.  Chanhee stuck out her tongue and chuckled.

 

"Minseok-oppa won this for me.  And you don't like to give things back."  Nana gave up and sighed.  Her dongsaeng was very right.

 

"Ugh!  Fine.  You win.  I won't touch your little dumpling."

 

"Minbao."

 

"Excuse me?"  All three gave her a confused look.

 

"I named it Minbao.  Mini baozi.  Minbao."  Kris his chin.

 

"It sounds like Minseok and his nickname."  Xiumin turned pale.  Why did he have to mention the nickname?

 

"What nickname?" Chanhee questioned.

 

"Hey!  Anyone hungry?  Why don't we go grab a bite to eat and take you girls home?" Minseok suggested, wanting to get off the topic of him and his embarrassing pet name courtesy of Luhan.

 

They all agreed and left the movie theater.  All were discussing where to grab something to eat when someone yelled, "Chanhee!"  Chanhee stopped cold in her tracks.  That voice was too familiar to her and the color started to drain from her face.  Xiumin stopped walking too and looked back.  Jiyoung was coming their way.  Minseok cursed under his breath.  The last person he wanted to see was Chanhee's ex.

 

Nana turned around to face Jinyoung and stood between him and Chanhee.  Jinyoung finally neared and placed a hand in his front pants pocket.  "Move," he commanded.  Nana crossed her arms and stood her ground.

 

"Get out of here.  She already dumped you and doesn't want to see you anymore.  Can't you take the hint?"

 

Jinyoung rolled his eyes.  "Dear god.  You are annoying Nana.  No one wants to hear you talk.  Get out of my way."  Now it was time to intervene.  Kris stepped up and pushed Jinyoung.

 

"Well aren't you tough?  How can you just talk to a girl like that?"  Kris was about to push Jinyoung again, but Minseok pulled him back.  Jinyoung took one look at Xiumin and scoffed.

 

"You again?  Didn't I already tell you to stay away from my girl or was that punch to the face not hard enough?"  Kris looked down at his hyung.

 

"This is the idiot that hit you?"  Minseok didn't even give Kris an answer.  He was steering Chanhee and the others the way they were originally walking.  Jinyoung, realizing he was being ignored, started getting frustrated.  He took off running after them.  Minseok heard Jinyoung's footsteps bounding after them and turned back just in time to see and dodge Jinyoung's fist.  Jinyoung aimed another punch toward Baozi, but missed again.  Jinyoung made one more attempt, but instead of hitting Baozi,  his fist connected with a building wall.  He yelled out in pain while Xiumin stared at him.

 

"Dude, you need to learn aim better."  With a salute, Minseok took hold of Chanhee's hand and led the group away, the others trying to suppress their laughter.

 

Once they were far enough away,  Kris busted out laughing.  The girls were giggling as well.  Minseok was trying to hide the smirk on his face.  Jinyoung was a jerk and he probably deserved that.

 

Once everyone could control themselves again, they decided to rest in the park.  The girls found a table while the boys went in search for a vending machine to buy drinks.  While they were walking, Kris pushed the other lightly.  "That was pretty funny.  Was that really a guy that managed to hit you?"

 

Minseok nodded.  "He and his friends had me surrounded though.  I still can't think of a reason why Chanhee would date someone like him though.  She's so sweet and he's so barbaric."

 

"Well, next time he's gonna have to answer to me."

 

"And you will probably get your kicked."

 

"What?  I'm strong!"

 

"Remember when we had an arm wrestling tournament and you lost to everyone?"  Kris sighed.

 

"Point taken."