Chapter 19

Silly Baozi

Minseok ducked around his roommates and sat back down at the table where he continued to eat his ramen bowl.  That is until Luhan moved it away.

 

    “Hey!  This is no time to be eating!”  Luhan sat down next to his hyung and scooted closer to him.  A bit too close for Minseok’s liking.  “That was her right?  That was Chanhee?  She actually called you?”  Minseok let out a deep sigh and looked at Luhan.  He was not going to let this go.  And seeing the others looking at them for answers, there was no escape.

 

    “Yes, that was her.  She called me.  But the thing is…”  He turned towards the tallest dongsaeng.  “Where did she get my number?”   Yifan smirked.   “I can’t believe you gave her my number.”

 

    “First off,” Yifan defended, “I gave it to Nana, who gave it to Chanhee.  Secondly, are you really complaining that she invited to Jiho’s party?”

 

    “Wait,”  Yixing interrupted.  “Who is Jiho?”  Yifan ignored the question.

 

    “Don’t worry about that.  Worry about what you are going to wear.  I’ve gotten everything squared away with Nana so we know how to go about this.”

 

    Minseok gave him a confused look.  “It’s just a party.  Why so serious?”

 

    “Oh, trust me.  It isn’t just some party.  If you want her, this is the time to show it.”

 

------------------------------------

 

    After hanging up, Chanhee stared down at her phone with a silly grin on her face.

 

    “There.  Was that so hard?”  The smile was replaced by a bored look as Chanhee looked at Nana.  “What?  He said yes!”

 

    “Nana, I can’t believe you just made me do that.”

 

    “What’s the matter?  And you wouldn't have done it if I hadn't.  All is well.  You asked Minseok and I asked Yifan.  Everything is perfect in the world right now.”

 

    “Tell that to the starved children in the North.”

 

    “Okay, things are perfect in our world.  Will you just be happy?  You asked Minseok on a date!”

 

    “Against my will!  You and Jiho-oppa are terrible!”

 

    “Really?  Because that look on your face when he said yes was anything but sad or annoyed.  At least be happy that you have a date and Jaehyo won’t be stalking you at the party.”  Okay, she had a point.  Jaehyo was always complimenting himself and it got old real fast.  “Minseok is a good guy right?”  Chanhee nodded.  “Then everything is good.  And I’m sure Jiho won’t be too hard on him.  Everything will be fine.  I promise.”  They hooked pinky fingers.

 

------------------------------------

 

Chanhee went to work the next day and everything was normal.  She was using a squirt bottle to spritz some of the flowers when the bell above signaled.  She turned to the entrance and lost a little of her color in the face.  There was Jinyoung with his chest puffed out like he was some proud peacock.  He had a wicked grin on his face.

 

"Hey," he greeted her.  She her heels and made a beeline to the counter.  Before she could make it, Jinyoung grabbed her wrist and spun her to face him.  "You don't look happy to see me jagi-ah.  That hurts my feelings."  Chanhee held her breath.  He smelled of booze and it was barely six in the afternoon.

 

"Let go," she commanded.  "And leave.  I don't want to see you."

 

"Stop it.  I know that Nana has turned you against me.  But she's not here right now.  There's no one stopping us right now."  He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer.  "Haven't you missed me?"

 

"No.  Not in the least."  Jinyoung chuckled. "Why can't you just leave me alone Jinyoung?"

 

"Because I love you Chanhee.  You aren't going to leave me that easily."  The bell on the entrance rang again and Jinyoung released her.  "I'll be back for you jagi."  With those final words, he turned and left.  

 

Chanhee took a deep breath and looked at the new arrival.  It was Jiseok, thank god.  He was watching to make sure Jinyoung wasn't coming back.  After, he went up to his friend and inspected her, making sure the jerk didn't hurt her.  After the checkup, Jiseok gave her a bear hug, which she accepted gladly.  He pulled away after a moment.

 

"Chanhee, are you okay?  This is why we don't want you to be alone.  Even at work."  Chanhee sighed.

 

"I'm not going to change my way of living to avoid him.  That's just stupid."  Now it was Jiseok's turn to sigh.  This girl was stubborn to the point there was no point trying to change her mind.

 

"Okay.  Have it your way, but I'm taking you home from work starting today, arraseo?"  She nodded.  "Good.  Go get ready."  

 

------------------------------------

 

Minseok had been in his shared room for an hour now.  Yifan had been going through Minseok's wardrobe trying to find something suitable for the party, but nothing fit his vision.  Piles of clothes were on the floor and Minseok was getting annoyed at this point.  He was never one for mess.

 

"Yifan, why is this so difficult?”

 

    “You are going to a party with some of her closest friends.  Do you want them to think you’re lame?”  Minseok thought about launching a pillow at Yifan’s head, but decided against it since he was in need of fashion help.  “God!  I can’t find a decent thing in here for you to wear hyung!”

 

Jongdae, who had just gotten home, walked in the room and shook his head at the mess.  "It looks like a hurricane came through here."

 

"I wouldn't have made a mess if hyung had some decent clothes for this party," Yifan huffed before turning back around. Jongdae squatted in front of one of the piles and rummaged through it.  He pulled out a gray vest and threw it on Luhan's bed.  Minseok raised an eyebrow, but didn't question it.  Jongdae moved to another pile and pick up a white t-shirt with black print around the collar.  After a quick inspection, that was also tossed onto Princess Luhan’s bed.  Next, Jongdae was in the shoe closet.  He picked up a pair of Adidas with a Stormtrooper figure head on the tongue.  Those he sat at the foot of the bed.  Yifan haphazardly flung a pair of black jeans in a random direction.  Jongdae caught them and laid them on the bed.  Looking down and giving a nod, he looked at Minseok.

 

“Voila!  I’m out!”  With those words, Jongdae left the room.  Minseok got up from his bed and went over to see the arrangement Jongdae made.  It was simple, which fit Minseok, and at the same time appealing.  And it took him a matter of about five minutes to make.  Minseok nodded in agreement.  Seeing Yifan was still flinging clothes everywhere, Minseok took this opportunity to hit him in the back of the head with a pillow like he wanted before.  Upon impact, Yifan yelped and looked at Minseok like he was crazy.

 

“Pick it all up,” Minseok ordered.  “And then go take some lessons from Jongdae.”