Thaw

Red, White and Black
The snow slushed as you walked down the street, and you stopped in front of a red brick building with a garden by the sides. A little boy peeped through the door, and he smiled as he saw your face. "~~~ noona!"

He ran towards you, and you patted his head.

"~~~-ah, I'm glad you came!" said Sister Angela, and let you in.

Little Angels Orpahanage was, well, an orphanage, but they took it kids from babies to 12 year olds. Once a kid graduates from elementary, he's transferred to another orphanage. The little boy's name's Hwang Namkyu, and you gave him ice cream once then took him home.

After your little visit, you walked into the streets once more and enjoyed the slushing of thawed snow in your rain boots. It was March, and it was almost Mir's birthday.

"Where've you been?" Jaehyun asked as he opened the door for you.

"HI-MI-TSU~(Secret)" you winked, and took off your boots and put on some Hello Kitty slippers. (http://blogs.thecutekid.com/tinseltown-tots-and-designer-kids/files/2009/08/hello-kitty-slippers-sanrio.jpg)

- - -

Soojin groaned at lunch the next morning. The next class was Geometry and there was a long quiz coming up, so she'd been stressing about all morning.

"I thought you and Hyunseung oppa went on a study date last night since he's a got a Geography quiz today too," you said casually, sipping on some strawberry milk. They both blushed furiously and you grinned. "So it was just a date. What happened to the study part?"

"We both forgot our books...?" Hyunseung said nervously.

You sighed. "Ugh. Okay, I'll review you both, but I'm getting paid for this," you joked, and opened your Geometry notes. You sneaked a small glance at Mir as he strode past your table with Sanghyun and Joon, but he didn't look back at you. You pursed your lips, scanned you notes, and started teaching.

Sanghyun sat next to you after lunch as he always did, and you tried asking him what was up with Mir.

"You know he likes you right?"

"WHAT!" you whispered loudly, almost jumping off your seat.

"Wait, he hasn't confessed yet?" Sanghyun said, confused. "Huh."

"No, he hasn't!"

"Well, now you know. Listen, he's not really getting along with Joon right now, so he's sort of avoiding you. But don't worry, he'll be okay," Sanghyun shrugged and you gaped at him. Joon and Mir were fighting because of you. "It's fine, ~~~. Really. Mir knows how to stand up for his feelings."

Your stomach felt queasy at the though, and decided not to think about it at all.

"Stay away from Joon!" Hyun Ah told you during dismissal.

"What? Isn't Junhyung oppa enough for you?" you answered angrily, trying to walk to the bicycle shed.

"We're over, you idiot! So stay away from Joon, or I'll break your entire leg!"

"What. The. ARE YOU DOING???!" a voice screeched from across the corridor. Mir. He ran towards the both of you, and gave Hyun Ah a slap. You gasped. "Stay away from her, or I'll break YOUR leg, you little . Oh, and stay away from Joon hyung too, he says he's not interested."

Hyun Ah scoffed, a hand over her cheek and ran away crying.

"Ya, what'd you do that for! You'll get in trouble!" you scolded, lightly hitting his arm. He chuckled.

"Anything for you's worth getting in trouble," he grinned. "I like you, ~~~."

"Yeah. Thanks," you said shakily; it was all you could think of saying at that very moment. You felt your cheeks burn. "Are you and Joon oppa okay? I heard you two aren't getting along too well right now."

Silence.

"Is it... because of me?"

"Hyun Ah asked Joon out and he accepted," Mir said simply. "I didn't think he had the right to like you when he's gotten himself a girlfriend."

You froze. "Girlfriend?"

"Uh-huh," he replied and faced you. "I have a party next Saturday.Come, okay? It's my birthday. I'll take you home on your bike!"

"Um, sure," you said, and rubbed your hands together for some heat. He smiled.

"Here's a hand warmer," he smiled, and gave you a pink heart shaped pack. "You have to make the metal thing click."

"No, it's fine--"

"It's fine for me too. My sister has tons of 'em at home; You can keep it," he winked and got on your bike. You blushed, got on, and held on to your seat.

Mir was pretty cheerful on the way to your house. You laughed along with him and panicked as he took his hands of the handles. He laughed, you slapped his back, and you laughed too.

"See you tomorrow, ~~~-ah!" he waved cheerfully as he walked away. You smiled and waved too.

But Junhyung wasn't smiling.

- - -

Hello, I updated, lol. We made our project in Geometry today -_________- I could've updated earlier but anyway, here it is :)

Comment make me happy ;)