Another Brother

Red, White and Black
Light.

You sprang to life as ribbons of light seeped through your blinds, and sat up on your new bed.

Everything was blue and grey, just how you liked it. The door opened, and an unfamiliar figure entered your room. He smiled, and chuckled at the look of panic on your face.

"Relax, kid," he said coolly. "I'm Junhyung. Mom says breakfast is ready, so hurry up, because Dad is finishing off the bacon."

"Junhyung" chuckled again, and left your room.

'Right', you thought to yourself, 'another brother'.

You stepped out of your room, and Jaehyun pinched your nose, but you didn't manage running after him, you were too tired from thinking about your new family, and your seemingly annoying new stepbrother.

It took a lot of getting used to your new home. The living room was large, and so was the kitchen and dining room. There were three floors and all in all, 9 rooms. That was a lot to absorb.

"Good morning, ---!" your mom greeted from the kitchen, an apron around her waist, and a spatula in hand. "I saved you some sausages, your father finished off the bacon."

"It's okay, mom," you smiled, and sat next to your dad who apologized before reading his morning paper.

You, your mom and your older brother Jaehyun had just moved in the day before, and things were a bit awkward.

"--- - ah, you'll be going to the middle school with Junhyung on Monday okay? You're both in your 3rd years right?" your dad said, peeping from on top of his newspaper.

"WHAT?" Junhyung yelled. "She's 2 years younger than me!"

"Yes, but she's in her third year too. She's accelarated, so naturally, she would be younger than most kids her year. And Jaehyun-ah is in second year high school, but he's the same age as you are," your dad said calmly, not tearing his eyes away from the newspaper.

You and Jaehyun looked at each other and grinned widely at Junhyung, who fumed while eating his pancakes.