Honestly

Red, White and Black

Mir sat by his usual spot in school, the fire exit, watching you and Soojin chatter on the grass below. He loved the way you smile, and especially how you laughed, the melodious sound that filled his ears. 

 

Soojin left with Hyunseung, and that was when Mir stood up, running down the stairs and to the school lawn to meet you. His hands were shaking, this was the first time anyone had made him feel that way.

 

Ever since she left anyway.

 

"Oh, hey Mir," you greeted cheerfully. "Won't you sit?" You said, and patted the space next to you.

 

Mir gulped. Why were you so nice to him like this?

 

"It's okay, I just wanted to ask you... to be my date for my dad's party. Please, ~~~! I couldn't ask anyone else, I don't trust anyone else, so please, come with me!" he bowed down his head pleadingly, and you stared at him in surprise.

 

"Mir...? Straighten up, I'll go with you, don't worry," you told him nervously. "I mean, we're going as friends, right?" Mir nodded frantically. "Then it's no problem. I'll explain everything to Kikwang oppa, I'll make sure he'll approve, so don't worry about him."

 

Mir straightened up, and smiled. "Thanks, ~~~-ah! It's this weekend, okay? Thanks so much~ Well then, I'll see you tomorrow!" And with that, he walked away, still smiling to himself. 

 

You smiled as well, and waved an approaching Kikwang over.

 

"Oppa!" you called. He grinned, and came right over, lying down on the ground next to you with his hands behind his head. 

 

He turned to you. "Did you miss me?"

 

You laughed. "Oppa, we last saw each other this morning."

 

"Uh-huh."

 

You rolled your eyes. "Of course I missed you."

 

"Good, I missed you too."

 

"Oppa, Mir asked me to be his date for his dad's party. That's okay, right?"

 

Kikwang sat up and stared at you with disbelieving eyes. "What? No!"

 

"Oppa, don't be so stubborn," you complained. "And besides, we're going as friends."

 

"But that guy likes you!"

 

"Liked me. He only sees me as a friend now."

 

Kikwang clicked his tongue. "Are we really having this argument?"

 

"Not if you agree quickly. Please, oppa?" you pleaded, using your puppy dog eyes on him. He glanced at you, looked away, then sighed, dropping himself into the ground once again.

 

He groaned. "Fine. But I'm giving you a curfew!"