Obligatory Chocolate

Red, White and Black
Noise.

You jolted awake before Junhyung could come into your room and wake you up again with a bucket of ice cold water. The last time it happened was about a week ago, and you weren't taking that now. Not today.

You took a bath, changed into your uniform and sat in front of your mirror, racking your brains on what to do with your face. Should you wear makeup? Or at least powder? Lip gloss? You sighed, put on some blush and played safe with a cherry-flavored chap stick. Someone knocked on the door, and you knew who it was.

Junhyung.

"I'm up already, Junhyung!" you hollered to the door, and quickly wore a silver bracelet your mom gave you last Christmas.

"Well hurry up, Jaehyun and I are already eating breakfast!" he hollered back and you heard his footsteps as he walked down the hall.

Pulling up your socks, you grabbed your shoes and bag then hurriedly went down to the living room.

It was rare to see your father present on breakfast, since he almost always went to work early. But he was there, sipping on his morning coffee and reading a newspaper. You smiled at the sight and took your seat next to Jaehyun.

"Happy valentines, mom," you greeted your mom and she smiled. You greeted your dad too, and she greeted you back.

Junhyung raised one of his eyebrows suspiciously and you smiled sweetly at him.

After breakfast, you quickly took the chocolates from the refrigerator, and gave Jaehyun a box before he went to school. You gave Junhyung a smirk, brushed your teeth, and went out to garage to get your bike.

- - -

"Happy valentine's, Soojin!" you greeted Soojin and handed her a pretty pink box with a white ribbon. "They're chocolates, I made them myself!"

Soojin smiled. "Thanks! But you're supposed to give boys chocolates you know, not girls. We have White Day for that."

"Pssh, it's fiiiine. Valentine's Day is uni overseas you know," you muttered.

"That's because they don't have White Day."

"Fine fine, I give up, but keep that, I made it with love~" you joked and opened your locker.

"Hey beautiful," a voice said. It was Lee Joon. Again. "Got something for me?"

"YES~ Happy Valentine's!" you said, giving him a blue box with a gray ribbon. He wasn't spoiling your good mood. Not today he's not. You laughed to yourself as he wore a goofy grin while proudly showing Mir the chocolates you gave him. Not that it was *honmei chocolate anyway.

When you sat down next to Cheondoong in class, you gave him a box too. It made him confused.

"I give all my friends chocolates on Valentines," you shrugged and opened your notes.

Lunch came, and you gave everyone chocolates. Yoseob had already finished off his box, and was asking for more. Dongwoon was slowly eating his, and Doojoon gave Yoseob some of his. Hyunseung and Soojin fed each other chocolate, while Kikwang fed you his.

"This is yours Kwang, not mine," you giggled as you bit into one.

"Fine," he said happily and bit into the same chocolate you bit into.

"AH! Indirect kiss!" Yoseob exclaimed, and you and Kikwang turned red.

You suddenly remembered how Kikwang kissed you too, exactly one week ago, and blushed harder, then rested your face against the cold lunch table.

You slinked back to class after you gave Mir his box.

Walking to the bicycle shed, you passed by Hyun Ah giving Junhyung her chocolates. You rolled your eyes, and fell down the small steps. Hyun Ah was smirking when she left-- you could swear it was her who tripped you. You tried standing up, but failed. The pain was unbearable. Junhyung stood over you, and you glowered at him.

"Lemme help you up," he said, stretching out his hand. You took it grudgingly. "You are so much trouble."

"Ya! If it wasn't for your stupid girlfriend I wouldn't be sprained, you idiot!" you told him, pointing at him with your free arm. "Ugh. Well at least now I can go home in the car."

Junhyung stared at you like you were crazy. "What are you talking about? I walk home, babo. I only go to school by car."

"WHAT?"

"Sheesh, don't worry. I'll pedal and you can ride on the seat at the back of the bike," he said calmly, and unlocked the chain on your bike with the keys he snatched from your hands. "Come on."

He guided you to the side of the shed, got on the bike and waited for you to get on as well.

"Hold on tight," he said with an invisible smirk and you quickly held on to the sides of his shirt. "You'll have to hold on tighter than that, I'm already warning you-- oof!"

You grabbed his waist and he chuckled, pedalling as fast as he could. Your eyes were tightly closed, so was your mouth, but you smiled as Junhyung let out an exhilarated laugh. It was rare for him to laugh like that, and you liked his laugh. It was cute and innocent, like a little kid watching magic tricks or splashing in the rain. You loved this side of him.

His pace went slower as he turned at a corner to your house, and it remained that speed as he went. Your grip loosened, but an arm was still around his waist.

"Ya, where's my box? You gave everyone a box of chocolates but I didn't get one," he said, still pedaling.

"Well... uh, I didn't think you'd want one. Besides, Hyun Ah already gave you one earlier right? Plus the ones your fangirls gave you. Haha, you're gonna be so fat by the time you finished all that," you tried to joke to make the awkward atmosphere disappear. Junhyung was quiet. "Maybe I'll make you some when we get home."

You didn't see it, but he smiled widely at what you said. "Oh you better."

"Pssh."

Junhyung carried you on his back once you got home and brought you straight to your room.

"Wait here, I'll go get an ice pack. And um, maybe you should change clothes while I'm at it," he said, opening your closet, and grabbing a white shirt and gray pajamas.

"But... I have a date with Kikwang oppa today."

"You can't go to your date like that! Maybe next week. Or on White Day. Just not today. I'll call Kikwang, just stay put!" he said and went out of the door to get you an ice pack.

You sighed and changed into the clothes on your bed, then untied your hair. A few moments later, Junhyung was back with the phone on his ear.

"He wants to speak with you."

You took the phone nervously. "Hello?"

"Hey, ~~~. I guess we won't have our date today after all," Kikwang said at the end of the line and you sorta sense the sadness in his voice. "But we'll go next time, okay? How about Saturday next week?"

"Um, sure, Kwang. I'm really sorry," you said sincerely and you heard him sigh.

"It's okay. Do you mind if I come over?"

"Oh, not at all!" you said enthusiastically and winced as Junhyung pressed the ice against your swollen ankle. "Okay, I'll see you later. Bye oppa."

You hung up, and gave Junhyung his phone back.

"Why do you call HIM oppa? You never call me oppa," Junhyung said, a bit annoyed. You were surprised-- you didn't think he'd bring that sort of thing up. Was he jealous? "From now on you should call me oppa too."

You blinked and nodded. "Oh and um, there's a small chocolate cake in the fridge. I made it yesterday, you can have it if you want."

Junhyung smiled. "Thanks. I'll ask Kikwang to bring you your food later and I'll tell mom and dad what happened."

"That your stupid little girlfriend tripped me?"

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Right, I'll believe that."

"She's not my girlfriend, it's just for publicity, a lot of people say we look good together. Besides, I like someone else."

You sighed. "Fine then. Just tell them I got a sprained ankle. The remote please."

Junhyung smirked triumphantly, gave you the remote and closed the door behind him as he left.

- - -

.

.

THAT'S BETTER~ Yay, I updated! I'll post comment replies tomorrow with Chapter 5. Thanks so much for your comments! :)

- Casey ♥