Shooting Stars

Red, White and Black

"We're off to get the meat!" Doojoon and Hyunseung said together as they slid down the pole.

"Be careful!" you and Soojin chorused, waving goodbye once they reached the ground. You noticed Yoseob and Junhyung also stood up, and you raised your eyebrows at them, a questioning look on your cute little face.

Yoseob shrugged. "We're gonna go get my cousin from the house, and the grill too. Apparently, we can't stay here unmonitored since we're still minors," he explained, moving towards the pole. "We'll be back in a few."

"Oh. Okay. Be careful, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am," Junhyung said mockingly, and you playfully shoved his arm. He chuckled as he and Yoseob went down the pole.

You, Kikwang, Soojin, Dongwoon and Jaehyun were left in the treehouse, so you decided to clean up the feathers that were scattered around. It took about 20 minutes for you to clean up the whole mess. You sat on your previous position at a corner, wiping hot sweat from your temples.

Kikwang grinned and rested his tired head on your shoulder and you took another towel, wiping the sweat from his face, muttering, "Aigoo, aigoo~" Kikwang chuckled, and lay down on your lap, staring up at your face which was glistening from sweat.

There was another flash.

"Yah, stop taking pictures from out of nowhere~" you whined at the person who had taken the picture. It was Jaehyun. "Ya, Jaehyun oppa!" He snickered as the photograph slowly came out from the camera. "You better not show this to appa!"

"That's the point!" Jaehyun laughed, and you made Kikwang get off your lap, and chased Jaehyun around the place, and down to the lawn. When you finally caught him, the both of you starteted laughing all over the grass, and you took the picture with your free hand.

You stuck out your tongue and waved the photo in front of his face.

"No showing dad," you said sternly before climbing up the ladder again.

Hyunseung, Doojoon, Junhyung and Yoseob came back in a few minutes, already setting up everything in the ground below. All you had to do was go down and bring a plate and a pair of chopsticks. So you did, your trusty little Mio hanging by your arm.

"Yummy!" you and Soojin exclaimed together as you both chewed happily on the meat.

"Oppa is the best thank you oppa~" you told Junhyung, patting his back. He smiled to himself, and you were contented enough to know that you just made him smile.

Once you were full, you lay down on the grass and watched the stars on the sky. You laughed as little fireflies hovered above your nose. Yoseob collapsed beside and laughed as he blew them off. You narrowed your eyes at him and he chuckled.

"Gather round the campfire kids~" Doojoon called and you heard Hyunseung chuckle, "But you're a kid too!" and heard a thump as Doojoon tackled Hyunseung to the grass. You sat up and saw Soojin click her tongue, muttering something that sounded a lot like, "Boys.."

You laughed at her little comment and sat next to her and Hyunseung on a log surrounding the fire Yoseob's cousin had created. Dongwoon sat on your other side and handed you a marshmallow on a stick with one hand, and had a large bag marshmallows in another.

"Thank you oppa," you said and placed your marshmallow over the fire.

Kikwang smiled at you from across the fire, something silver glinted around his neck. You realized it was a necklace with a small crown pendant. You remembered his words and smiled to yourself.




"I wanna sleep," you yawned, hopping onto Jaehyun's back.

"Yeah, Junhyung and Kikwang went up to get the sleeping bags from upstairs, don't worry," he said quietly, walking around and swinging your legs all over the place. You groaned and he laughed. "You must be really tired~" You nodded on his shoulder and he shook you again.

"Okay, time to sleep, kids,"Yoseob's cousin clapped his hands once and you got off of Jaehyun's back and into the sleeping bag Junhyung brought. You lay between him and Jaehyun, it was unbelievable just how protective they were.

You laughed at the thought and stared at the sky, which was filled with hundreds of stars. Just then, there was a streak of light --a shooting star. You gasped, and quickly made a wish. You turned to your right, where Junhyung was lying.

"Oppa, did you see it? The shooting star?" you asked him.

"Yeah," he smiled.

"What did you wish for?"

"What did you wish for?"

"I asked first!"

"Okay, okay," he chuckled. "I wished ..that our family will always stay together. What did you wish for?"

You smiled, and stared back at the stars. "I wished that you and Jaehyun oppa will always be my oppas.. and that I'll always be your dongsaeng. That's possible right, oppa?"

Junhyung nodded and stared at the sky as well. 'I wish you knew what I really wished for ..I wished you wouldn't see me as just your oppa.'

 

----------

 

SO! I finally updated, hahaha. Sorry I haven't been updating much, school has been very busy because 1)exams are coming, 2)we have projects to do, 3)we're doing stuff for our school magazine and 4)i'm trying to learn guitar XD But I'll try to update as much as possible, I promise! Gimme comments, no silent readers please! Comments motivate me to update more :)

--Casey. ♥