Homework

Red, White and Black
Another boring day at school. But it wasn't like before. Hyun Ah wasn't lurking at the lunch table and Junhyung's pained face was gone. He was smiling and laughing naturally, and everyone, especially BEAST missed that look on his face. Somehow, it was all thanks to you and Joon, wanting you to get jealous.

Sanghyun was absent-- his seat was vacant when you came in. He would usually come early and was never late, but today, he wasn't there. No note, no warning. Maybe he was sick. Maybe he got lazy and skipped school.

Along with the changes Junhyung made without Hyun Ah was being seated right behind you. You found this very uncomfortable... it was like he was finding some sort of excuse to tease you again.

But you liked this new Junhyung.

"Oppa, do you know why Hyun oppa's not in today? Did he get sick or something?" you walked up to Mir after class. He shrugged; he was sipping on some juice. "Well, do you know where he lives? We've got like TOOOONS of assignments and all these notes and stuff."

"Oh yeah. We could go together, I was planning on visiting him anyways," Mir said happily. You agreed, and you both went there on your bikes (Mir bought himself one on his birthday).

You stopped by a cake shop, on the way, and bought him a get well soon cake.

Park Sanghyun's house was big and white. Its inside was painted a pale shade of pink, which was understandable for the house of the president of a cosmetics company.

Park Sandara greeted you as you entered. You liked Sandara--she was like Soojin, an older sister you never had. She was kind and beautiful.

You had never been inside Sanghyun's room, or his house. His room was large, and baby blue and white. He was on his bed, reading a book. By his bedside table there was a thermometer, a tray with empty plates and some medicine. He was sick.

"Hey oppa!" you greeted him cheerfully. "How're you doing?"

Sanghyun smiled. "I'm okay, ~~~. Hey Mir."

Mir saluted, and sat on a wooden white chair.

"What happened to you? Mr. Choi dumped us with aaaall these notes and we've got assignments on like EVERY subject! Don't worry, I photocopied everything for you since I figured you might not be able to write yet," you said, and placed a white folder on his study desk.

"It's just a fever, ~~~. I'm feeling a bit better already," Sanghyun chuckled. "And thanks for photocopying those."

"No problem! So, will you be at school tomorrow?"

"I... I don't think so, ~~~. But I'll be there the day after tomorrow, I promise!"

"You promise, huh?"

"Really, I will."

You grinned, and punched his shoulder lightly. "well, that's all I came for. Here's a little something. Are you coming too, Mir?"

"Nah, I'll stay here for a while. See you tomorrow," Mir smiled.

"Okay. Bye! Get well soon, Hyun!"

You skipped out of his room and slid down the stairs. Sandara laughed in the living room and your cheeks immediately turned red.

"Going home already?" she asked.

"Yeah. See you around, unni!"

"~~~-ah, wait!" she called as you were reaching for the door knob. "Could you give this to your homeroom teacher? No peeking!"

You smiled. "Sure, unni! I hope oppa gets well soon."

"Me too, ~~~, me too."

You said goodbye, and went home.

~*~

"You're not going to tell her?" Mir asked Sanghyun once you had gone.

"I don't wanna worry her. And I'm fine, Mir, I'll be in school the day after tomorrow remember? She doesn't have to know...," his voice trailed off. "I'm going to be okay."

- - -

Yoseob was at your house when you got there, playing video games with Kikwang in the living room on the large tv. They both greeted you in chorus and you laughed as you greeted them back. You smelled dinner in the kitchen and hurried to get dressed.

"Where'd you go?" Jaehyun asked you at dinner. "I thought you'd be with Junhyung."

"I went to visit Hyun oppa, he's sick," you simply said, and broke your chopsticks apart. "He's got a fever and will be in school the day after tomorrow."

"Oh, I see. I hope he gets well."

You nodded once, said your thanks and dug in. You smiled at the thought of Sanghyun getting better. At least on the next day you won't be surprised when you find a vacant seat beside you.

.
.
.

HI GUYSSS! I updated, yayyyy~

Comment replies:

@FroggyYoseob : Hi there!*waves*
@JOONIELOVER : Hai~ Here's my update! :P
@Beastly.Oppas! : Oh don't worry he will! Yes, I knowww~ Mir is just so adorbs! -though my bias is Thunder, kekeke-
@- k a e r i . : Heyyy~ Nah, I had school ;~; WOW~ YOU ARE SO LUCKY ! I was planning to go to the showcase but I had no one to come with me :(

Comments make me happier than I already am, haha! ;) Continue commenting, お願いします! ^-^