Talking to the Parents

The Ghost of the Twins

Talking to the Parents

Jonghyun pulled up on the curb of the Jo house. He looked at Key and said, “While I’m talking to the parents, go to the police station and have them hand over the case to us, also, see if you can find any clues.” Key nodded and got out of the passenger seat and got in the drivers seat and drove off, leaving Jonghyun at the front steps of the Jo house.

 

Jonghyun knocked on the door, the house wasn’t very large or small. It was a medium sized home with a white exterior and a white door. There were two large pots of flowers outside the door with two different kinds of flowers there was a set of white flowers in one pot and a mixture of different flowers in the other pot. The door opened to reveal a woman who looked quite sickly and depressed, dried tear tracks could be seen on her cheeks. Jonghyun smiled kindly, “hello Mrs. Jo, my name is Kim Jonghyun I am a detective and I am here to ask you about your sons.” The woman looked at Jonghyun, her eyes looked so sad, but in that instant something shined in her eyes. “Please, come in.” She said allowing the detective into the house. She then invited him to sit down on the couch. Jonghyun noticed that there was a man reading the paper sitting on the love seat. Jonghyun bowed and took a seat on the couch. The woman sat down on the other love seat, “you were interested in knowing about my sons?” She said, at this the man looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun nodded, "Yes Mrs. Jo. I received the case file of your sons and I think there is something suspicious going on and I would like to re-open the investigation.” Mr. Jo put his paper onto the coffee table and asked, “What’s stopping you?” He sounded impatient. Jonghyun smiled and said, “I hoping to get an autopsy report, unfortunately the nurse told my partners that the parents denied access to those records. We need your permission to see those records.” Mr. and Mrs. Jo turned silent. Jonghyun released a breath and spoke again, “I do apologize to bring back such horrible memories of your son’s deaths, but I do believe that these deaths are suspicious.” Mrs. Jo stood from her seat and said, “I will call the hospital, and talk to my husband about this, if you would like to see their room, its upstairs the door at the end of the hall.” Jonghyun stood and nodded, “thank you Mrs. Jo.” He watched the two adults leave into the kitchen and then he got up and made his way upstairs and went to the door at the end of the hall. He opened the door and walked into the room. The room was quite large; it had two beds that were divided by a small nightstand with a nightlight. He began to walk around the room and take in everything that he saw; he made sure not to touch anything in the room to not get the parents upset. He didn’t see anything out of the ordinary with the room; it looked like a normal room for a set of twins.

 

Jonghyun came downstairs after taking a good look around the room. He sat back down on the couch. He heard the parents talking in the kitchen, probably to the doctor at the hospital about the autopsy. He noticed a picture of two boys on the coffee table; he leaned in and picked up the picture frame. Engraved into the frame it said, ‘in loving memory…’ The image was of two boys. They looked like copies of one another, they looked so happy in the image. He placed the image back on the coffee table and took out his phone and dialed Key’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hey, did you meet Onew yet?” Jonghyun asked leaning back into the couch.

“Yeah, we did, we just arrived back to his office, and we got the case re-opened for the investigation, how’s it going over there?” Key asked sitting down behind an unoccupied desk.

“Talking with the parents, they are trying to get the hospital to allow us to see the autopsy report.” Jonghyun replied as he stood up from the couch and walked around the living room.

“Jonghyun, when you’re done with the parents, we need to meet up and discuss something very interesting.” Key said looking over some of the files that they got from the police station.

“Alright, what’s the news?” Jonghyun wondered.

“Well apparently there was an incident at the train shut down train station after the older twin passed away.” Key began eyeing the documents.

Jonghyun leaned against the wall, “what incident?” He wondered.

“Well a construction worker was nailing down a shut down sign when he saw a figure crying on one of the benches, when he walked over to him, the figure, who turned out to be a male stood up and held out his hand and the bench that he was sitting on began to shake and peel off its hinges. The figure then, according to the construction worker, let out a horrid scream and the bench snapped off its hinges and flew towards the man who barely managed to escape.” Key said, summarizing a document.

Jonghyun was not buying this story one bit, “So who was the figure?” He asked while holding in his laughter.

“Perhaps one of the twins,” Key stated a little confused.

Jonghyun arched a brow, “let me guess, you want to investigate the train station.” He said smiling into the phone.

Key smiled back, “of course, it may seem like a fairytale but it’s a lead.”

“Alright, I’m almost done here, I’ll need a ride.” Jonghyun said when he noticed Mr. and Mrs. Jo come out of the kitchen and sit back down on the couch.

“Right, call me and we’ll come and get you.”

Jonghyun nodded, “alright, later.” He hung up and looked at the parents and smiled kindly. “We called the hospital; you shouldn’t have any problems now.” Mr. Jo said with a small smile. Jonghyun smiled back, “thank you, Mr. Jo I hope I can come to you two for any further questions.” The parents nodded, “of course, I hope that you have success and find who is responsible for the death of our sons.” Jonghyun nodded, “of course, that’s my job. I will also be sure to visit their graves, and pay my respects.” The parents smiled, a hopeful smile that, Jonghyun was sure, and they haven’t smiled like that since their sons were alive. Jonghyun bowed, “I will be sure to visit their graves, thank you.” Jonghyun bowed to them and then went to the door thanking them one more time and saying his condolences.