Detective Woohyun

The Ghost of the Twins

Detective Woohyun

Jonghyun arrived at the police station; his plan was to meet with this detective Woohyun that was at the site of the train crash maybe he would be able to give him some more answers to his questions. When he entered the station, he walked up to one of the officers and asked for Woohyun. The officer paled slightly and pointed to a door labeled detective. Jonghyun thanked the officer and walked into the office. As soon as the door closed, a water bottle went flying towards Jonghyun. Jonghyun suddenly heard Youngmin’s voice and turned in time to dodge the bottle. Woohyun paled, “u-uh you’re not my assistant.” Jonghyun fixed his jacket, “No and just a ‘hello’ would be efficient too.” Woohyun bowed repeatedly apologizing, “I’m so sorry, I thought you were-“ “Your assistant?” Jonghyun wondered, giving him a small smirk. Woohyun flushed a little, “I’m sorry, what can I do for you?” He asked. Jonghyun took out his badge and flashed it for Woohyun, “My name is Kim Jonghyun, I am a detective working on the Jo twins case. I came to ask you a few questions.” He said, turning serious and concentrated. Woohyun made an understanding nod, “Yes, I was there when one of them passed, such a pity.” Jonghyun nodded, “yes it is, so you wouldn’t mind answering some questions for me?” Woohyun smiled, “absolutely.” Jonghyun took a mental note and this detectives tone, he seemed sarcastic in tone and his eyes seemed to gleam like he was scheming something. This guy is a sneaky one. “Did you initiate anything when you were at the site?” Jonghyun wondered. Woohyun nodded, “yes, I had the police do a full search of the area, nothing turned up.” Jonghyun didn’t seem convinced, “really? What about the ropes used to restrain the younger twin?” Woohyun seemed surprised, “ropes? The boy was tied?” Jonghyun looked frustrated and annoyed; he knew this guy was hiding something. He needed to get answers so he said, “Detective Woohyun, I’m sure you value your position, but let me enlighten you; I’m in a higher branch than you so if don’t want to get fired for suspicion of ignoring crucial evidence and lying to me you will tell me what you know.” This time Woohyun chuckled almost evilly, “now let me enlighten you, I’m not afraid of you. I am telling you everything I remember if you have any suspicions report me to the chief of police and they will handle me, not you.” Jonghyun didn’t want to push his luck so he released a calm breath and opened his eyes after releasing his breath. Out of his peripheral vision he noticed what looked like Woohyun’s office keys hanging on a hook next to the door. He smiled, “forgive me; this case has been getting me on edge. I will take my leave.” Jonghyun turned to leave after hearing Woohyun’s words, “don’t over work your self.” Jonghyun walked past the door quietly and quickly swiping the keys and leaving the station. Once out, he released a breath of relief. He looked around and spoke out, “Youngmin, why did you follow me?” The ghost appeared in front of Jonghyun a little nervous to see the older. “I- I wanted to meet with you, there is something you need to know.” He replied, a little nervously. Jonghyun looked at the ghost; he seemed, in a way, frightened. He was looking from side to side and back behind him, something must’ve startled him. “What is it?” Jonghyun questioned. He too was becoming conscious of himself. Youngmin bent foreword so he was face to face with Jonghyun and uttered so only the detective could here, “Someone was trying to catch Kwangmin on film, I don’t know why, but it seems like someone knows that we are still lingering around to help you.” Jonghyun looked at Youngmin as he took in the information. He needed to work fast, Kwangmin, even though he was dead and a lingering ghost, was in danger and whatever it is its going to impact not only him, but his twin as well. “Come back to the office with me, I’m sure you’d like to see Jeongmin and Minwoo again, maybe they’ll help.” Youngmin straightened himself and smiled nodding as he followed the detective back to the office.

 

Woohyun took out his phone and dialed a number, “boss it’s me, the detective was here. What next?” The man chuckled, “good, now get to that ghost, and make the flames of hell take him.” Woohyun smirked, “understood.” He hung up and went to the door to grab his keys, but then noticed that they were gone. All the evidence that could be recovered was hidden and locked with a key. Woohyun cursed under his breath, “that damn detective, he stole my keys.” He decided to worry about that later, he got out of his office after changing into a dark suit. He put on some black sunglasses and got into his black shiny car and drove off to the train station.

 

Jonghyun arrived to his office and the first thing he noticed was the prison cell. He walked over and fear struck him, it was empty. He quickly ran into Onew’s office to find Jeongmin and Minwoo sitting safely on the couch, unharmed. Jonghyun released a breath of relief. The two looked at Jonghyun confused and yet surprised to see him, “are you two alright?” He asked. The boys nodded, “why is something wrong?” Minwoo asked. He seemed to have regained his composure. Jonghyun looked around and said, “That guy that I caught escaped.” He was a little disappointed, if the others were with him, the man wouldn’t have been able to escape. Jonghyun closed the door to Onew’s office and said, “Well anyway, I have something to ask you two.” The boys looked at the detective curiously. “Would you like to see the twins again?” The two paled, “w-what’s that supposed to mean?” Jeongmin wondered he wrapped one arm around Minwoo. Jonghyun chuckled, “no, no, not like that. Just watch.” He pointed to the door and the boys turned their attention to the door. Both boys eyes widened when they saw Youngmin standing there in his suit that he wore to Kwangmin’s funeral. “Y-youngmin-ah?” Minwoo stuttered as he gulped. Youngmin smiled, it still seemed like a sad smile, but it was still a smile. “Hi Minwoo and Jeongmin hyung.” The two were completely speechless. “D-does that mean that Kwangmin is…like this too?” Jeongmin asked. Youngmin nodded, “yes he is, but he’s back at the train station.” Jeongmin and Minwoo were a little freaked out, but were still happy to see him. Jonghyun sat down in front of the twin and said, “We need your help.” The two boys brought their attention back to the detective while Youngmin lingers in the door way. Jonghyun began to inform the two on what Youngmin told him earlier.