Hope

The Ghost of the Twins

Hope

“J-Jeongmin hyung and I were on our way to visit the twin’s grave, we decided to go because we didn’t have any after school activities.” Minwoo began on a shaky breath. Jeongmin saw that Minwoo was still not fully able to speak comfortably so he continued, “When we arrived to the cemetery, there were some odd guys in suits there. We thought that they were some distant relatives or something, but we have never seen them before. So when we were about to walk over to their graves the two men stopped and turned to us. They walked over to us and started to harass us, so we turned and ran, we figured that the closet place and the safest place to get away was to you so we ran here, and the rest you know.” Jonghyun nods. Minwoo’s hands were trembling, “why don’t you get him home, he needs rest.” Minwoo suddenly looks up and shakes his head, “n-no, I don’t want to leave, p-please let me stay here.” He begs. Jonghyun has never seen someone get this frightened before. Jeongmin didn’t look like he wanted to leave Minwoo behind in such a state. Jonghyun sighed, he looked at Minwoo and smiled, “alright, both of you can stay here. I’m not going anywhere today.” The two smiled happily and relieved. Minwoo looked at Jonghyun and asked, “y-you’ll find them right? The people who killed the twins, you’ll find them, right?” Jonghyun smiled and nodded, not wanting to tell Minwoo what happened to his partner. Jonghyun left the room and went back to his desk. Something in Jonghyun’s gut told him this was a sign; he was not going to give up so easily because the twin’s friends and family are counting on him to figure out what happened. He was their only hope, so what if the others dropped out of the case. He needs to continue the case by himself, if he intends to keep his promise to them. He decided, he was going to do this investigation by himself.

 

Jonghyun grabbed the case file and sat down and read through it. He grabbed a highlighter from his desk drawer. He read and re-read the files, highlighting any information that he believed was important. Once he was finished, he leaned back in his chair and released a heavy sigh. Even after reading the case file, he still had no idea what to do next, then something dawned on him, Kwangmin was heading home on that train, so he must’ve talked with the conductor at one point. He quickly flipped through his files until he found the train station that was shut down. He needed to know the name of the conductor so he could hold an interview.  He picked up his phone that was on the desk and dialed the number of the train stations. “Yes, I would like to know if there is any way to get in contact with the conductor that operated the train that went past the now shut down station.” The woman on the other line began to give him the number and Jonghyun wrote down the number onto a piece of paper and thanked the woman before hanging up. He then dialed the conductors number and waited for the conductor to answer, there was no way he was going to give up this easily, he was the only hope that those twin’s had, whether they liked it or not. 

------

A/N: Hello everyone~! Sorry this update is a tad short, the next one should be longer. Anyway enjoy!