Injured

The Ghost of the Twins

Injured

Jonghyun, Key and Onew arrived at the hospital and located Minho sitting outside the operating room. “What happened?” Jonghyun asked seeing Minho’s worried expression. “I have no idea, we were leaving the police station and then all of a sudden someone was shooting at us and who ever was shooting shot Taemin, I tried to see who it was but when I looked around there was no one there. I’m sorry Jonghyun.” Minho apologized. Jonghyun smiled, “don’t worry so much, Kwangmin and Youngmin will find the bastard, let’s just make sure Taemin is alright.” Minho looked at the older, “how do you know they’ll find him?” Jonghyun smirked, “what happens when you make an angry ghost even angrier?” Minho gulped, not really wanting to know. “And besides, who ever this person was, shot at an officer meaning he’s already committed a terrible crime.” Minho smiled and nodded, hoping that Taemin will be alright.

 

Meanwhile, one of Mr. Choi’s grunts sat in his car smirking as he polished his gun, “the boss is going to be so happy about this.” He fixed his rear view mirror and froze, someone was in his car. They didn’t look happy, the grunt turned around to the back seat only to find that there was no one there, but there was a voice, “You’ll pay.” The grunt looked around his car; he even unbuckled his seat belt to look around, but there was no one in the car. He shrugged it off and buckled up again. He looked in the rear view mirror once again, but again he saw someone except this time there was two people in the back seat, both of them were angry. The grunt gulped and uttered, “Who are you? What do you want?” Kwangmin leaned forward and wrapped his arm around the man’s neck to pin him to the car seat. The man felt like he was being choked, even though Kwangmin wasn’t putting pressure. The man suddenly saw another one of the boys sitting in the front seat next to him, “you hurt a friend of ours, how are you going to calm a pair of angry ghosts?” The grunt was beginning to break out in cold sweat, he heard their voices but he couldn’t see them. He currently had no desire to see them because he recognized the voice, the younger twin sounded just like that.

 

Flashback

 

“Stop let go!” Kwangmin uttered quietly, as the strange men began to tie him to the pole that connected the seat to the floor. “Quiet down kid, don’t make this harder than it needs to be.” The man said, but Kwangmin began to struggle, using his legs to kick the men holding him down. The men knew they didn’t have much time before they went over the explosive; they had to quiet this kid down and get him to stop struggling. One of the men decided to take things into his own hands; he took out his pistol and aligned it to Kwangmin’s temple. This made the younger freeze completely. His eyes shutting as he released a quiet sob. The other man quickly finished tying him to the pole. “Finally, done, geeze this kid packs a punch.” The other man said. Kwangmin was shaking with fear. The two men looked down at him before one of them said, “lights out.” Before harshly hitting the fear stricken boy on the back of the head with his pistol making the younger loose consciousness almost instantly. The two men looked around to make sure they weren’t noticed before jumping out of the window to make their escape.”

 

End of Flashback

 

The man gulped in horror, it was true the ghosts are helping the detectives and boy do they sound angry. “P-please forgive me….I-I didn’t mean to anger you, I was just following orders.” Kwangmin pressed harder, making the man gasp and clutch at his own throat, “you’re going to hell for hurting my brother.” Youngmin uttered into the man’s ear making him whimper in fear. The man began to struggle and once he could breath, he bolted out of the car and ran off. The twins looked at one another, “Should we go after him?” Kwangmin asked. Youngmin shook his head. “Let him be, for now.”

 

Back at the hospital, Taemin was awake and sitting in his hospital bed talking with Jonghyun, Key, Onew, and Minho. “I’m sorry Jonghyun hyung.” The younger said a little sadly. Jonghyun ruffled the boy’s hair, “don’t be nothing was your fault, I’m just glad you’re alright.” He replied smiling with relief. “Who will help Minho hyung?” Taemin wondered. “Don’t worry about that, just heal up that is your main priority.” Taemin smiled and nodded. Key looked at Minho and said, “Did you get anything on the rope scans?” Minho shook his head, “no, they told us that they didn’t have any evidence gathered from the crash site because the detective who was there after the crash said that there was nothing unusual so all of the evidence was lost.” Key gulped, “l-lost?” Onew sighed, “Jonghyun, I have to tell you something about this case.” Jonghyun looked at the older. “I won’t continue this case, this is getting ridiculous. We are on a wild goose chase, there is barely any evidence, we don’t have any suspects, and the only people who can really help are already dead.” Jonghyun knew that Onew was right. He looked at the older, “but what about their friends and parents?” He wondered. Onew rubbed his temples, “Jonghyun, Taemin, the youngest member of our squad, got injured. What do you think will happen if we got their friends and parents involved? I’m dropping the case, until you can bring me real evidence.” He turned around and left the room. Key and Minho looked at Jonghyun who looked down discouraged. “He has a point Jonghyun.” Minho said. “I think it would be better if we moved on to a different case.” He added. Without getting a response from Jonghyun he turned and left as well. Jonghyun looked at Key who didn’t say anything yet, “you too Kibum? You want to give up as well?” Jonghyun asked, he had tears in his eyes. Key looked at Taemin before replying, “I just want to take care of Taemin until he gets better.” Jonghyun nodded, “fine. Do what you want.” He turned and left the room. He made his way out of the hospital only to see the twins who looked upset. “What is it you two?” Jonghyun wondered. “Don’t give us that crap?” Kwangmin began. “Kwangmin.” Youngmin warned but the younger didn’t bother listening. “You promised us our revenge, you said that we could do this, you promised to lay our spirits to rest!” Kwangmin yelled his anger making the sky turn grey and it started to rain. Jonghyun looked at the two ghosts, one was hurt and the other was angry. Jonghyun sighed and replied, “I know I promised you two, but I don’t think I can do it. Taemin got hurt and-“ “enough.” Youngmin spoke up. “You have more worries than to help two twin brothers, we’re dead what alibi do we have? However, I would like to rest peacefully with my brother once and for all.” The twins disappeared, leaving Jonghyun alone in the rain.