What to do?

The Ghost of the Twins

What to do?

Jonghyun sat in his car, completely lost. His own squad turned and left him, all for different reasons. Onew believes there isn’t enough sufficient evidence, Minho agrees with him, Key wants to stay and take care of Taemin, and Taemin is injured. On top of everything, he broke a promise to ghosts. He had to think if it was a bad omen, or something. He sighed for the hundredth time. He couldn’t decide on what to do. Should he just call it quits on the case too? Onew was right, there wasn’t enough evidence, nor were there enough witnesses, but that doesn’t mean that he should give up right? He knew one thing for certain, he couldn’t do the whole case on his own it is too much work to do for one person. He released a stress filled sigh and started the car and drove back to the office.

 

Once there, he sat at his desk. He lazily spun from left to right in his chair, his mind in a blend of emotions and thoughts; it was all mush. He thought that maybe he should give up on the case; just let it feature on TV as an unsolved mystery. It may give the family some money. He chuckled then, what kind of a thought was that? He had to continue with the investigation, but he didn’t know what to do, it was too much work for one person. Jonghyun went to one of the counters where there was a coffee maker with some muffins and other things to get him self something to drink, his mind still clouded in thought.  He poured some hot water into his cup and drenched a tea bag into the water. Taking a careful sip of his tea he looked at the clock as if he was waiting for something to happen, it seemed like something would happen in a few seconds, but nothing did; just the silent ticking of the clock and the soft hum of the computers was all that did happen.

 

Sighing, yet again, Jonghyun went back to his desk. He had nothing to do at this point. However, quick foot steps came very close to the office. The doors opened with full force and in rushed in one of the boy’s that was with Minwoo at the interview, wasn’t his name JeongMin? “Ah! I found you, thank goodness, I need your help! Minwoo is being attacked, please help!” Jonghyun got up with in milliseconds and followed Jeongmin, the decision about the case can wait, for now.

 

Once the two were outside the office, Jonghyun saw Minwoo under two men one of them Jonghyun recognized from the parking lot. At lightining speed, that he didn’t know he had, Jonghyun grabbed the man and punched him making him tumble off to the side walk, the other man with him began to back away slowly, but, Jonghyun grabbed him and handcuffed him, “You have a problem with this kid here?” He asked. The man struggled against Jonghyun, but the detective was stronger. Jonghyun looked for the man from the parking lot, but it looked like he fled. Jonghyun got the other man up on his feet and into the office where he stripped him of every object he had and shoved him into a jail cell. He quickly ran back outside to help Minwoo up who was trembling, “are you alright Minwoo?” He asked helping the younger to his feet with the help of Jeongmin who was just as concerned as Jonghyun. Even though Minwoo nodded his head, Jonghyun could visibly tell that the younger was very frightened. He looked at the two, “come inside I’ll make some tea for you so you can relax, once you have calmed down a little bit you can tell me what happened.” At this Minwoo nodded, his body leaning against Jeongmin’s embrace. The two followed Jonghyun to the office. It was there that Jonghyun quickly prepared some warm tea for the younger boys and allowed the two to rest on a couch that was in Onew’s office for questioning. “You two rest up here, alright? Let me know when you are ready to talk ok?” The two nodded and Jonghyun left the room.

 

He went to the man that was sitting in the jail cell. “So, are you going to tell me why you were bothering two innocent kids?” Jonghyun questioned, his tone low, threatening, and dark. It didn’t even sound like a question it sounded more like a threat. The man sat in the cell, silent. It didn’t look like the man was going to talk. Jonghyun slammed the bars harshly making the man inside visibly jolt. “y-you will never make me talk.” The man uttered, “We’ll see about that.” Jonghyun replied, his tone still unchanged as he turned to leave and go back to Onew’s office.

 

Inside, Minwoo seemed to have calmed down. Jeongmin rubbed the younger boy’s back comfortingly. Jonghyun smiled, “looks like you have calmed down.” He said sitting down across from them in one of Onew’s chairs. “Are you ready to talk now, Minwoo?” Jonghyun asked in a calm tone. Minwoo nodded silently. Jonghyun smiled, “alright now please go ahead and tell me what happened.”