Reuniting

The Ghost of the Twins

Reuniting

Jonghyun looked at the Kwangmin duplicate. He looked so sad that it hurt Jonghyun’s heart just to look at him. “A-Are you Youngmin?” Jonghyun asked. The boy looked at Jonghyun and slowly nodded, “who are you and why was your hand on my brother’s grave stone?” He asked. His voice cracking from the tears that he wanted to release. Jonghyun took a breath and replied, “I am Kim Jonghyun, a detective, and I am working your case.” Youngmin looked at Jonghyun and then back at his brother’s grave. He then brought his attention back to the detective, “So why are you here? Do your job; you people are never around when needed.” Jonghyun wanted to roll his eyes, why were these two ghosts blaming him? “Youngmin, I need your help. Kwangmin won’t listen to me, he’s very angry and I need both of you two to help me with this case.” Youngmin’s eyes widened, “K-Kwangmin? Y-You mean he’s like this too? He’s a ghost too?” Jonghyun nodded, “Yes, and he’s angry, very angry.” Youngmin suddenly looked hopeful, “Please take me there, to him, I miss him so much please let me see him.” Jonghyun smiled, “easy, take it easy, I would like to take you to him, but he won’t let me talk to him with out getting a bench thrown at me.” Youngmin threw on a smile, but with his sad expression it made him look so sad. “He’s at it again.” He said. “Will you help me, Youngmin?” Youngmin suddenly got angry, “why should I help you? If my brother won’t even talk to you, why should I trust you so easily?” Jonghyun saddened, “Youngmin, you honestly don’t want me to give up on this case, do you?” Youngmin released a sigh, “I do wish to know who’s responsible for ending my brother’s life, but I wanted that to happen as soon as the body was found, not weeks later. What kind of detective does that? A body is found of a teenage boy, they know that their family is worried and instead of starting an investigation they say they can’t do an investigation because of lack of evidence. It hurts the soul, like I still have one.” Jonghyun didn’t like this; if he couldn’t get the twins on his side then he would have no other choice than to literally grasp at straws. “Please leave.” He heard Youngmin say. “What?” Youngmin sat down in front of his brother’s grave where he died and sat there putting his attention to the grass in front of him like it was a precious item. Jonghyun sat down next to him and asked, “Was this where you died?” Youngmin nodded and sniffed, “it must’ve been hard for him to see that.” He replied. It then clicked in Jonghyun’s head, “So that’s what he meant.” Youngmin turned to Jonghyun confused, “what?” Jonghyun looked at the sad ghost, “Your brother said that you died right in front of him and my partners and I were trying to figure out what that meant and now that I know where it makes so much sense now.” Youngmin nodded, “he must’ve been devastated.” Jonghyun nodded, “he still is, his sadness has turned into pure rage he has vowed to carry the killers down to hell with him.” Youngmin smiled a little again, “He said that to you?” Jonghyun nodded, “he really misses you, Youngmin.” Youngmin, after hearing that, released a held in sob before replying, “I miss him too.” Jonghyun smiled, “then for the sake of both of you. I know you both want revenge so help us find these guys and you’ll be able to rest peacefully together, wouldn’t you like that?” Youngmin nodded, “yeah I would.” Jonghyun looked at the ghost, “so what will it be?” Youngmin looked at Jonghyun then back at Kwangmin’s grave stone before nodding, “ok, I’ll help.” Jonghyun smiled, “great! Now all we need is to get Kwangmin to understand and everything will be good to go.” Jonghyun stood up, making Youngmin look up too. “Will you come with me, Youngmin?” Youngmin blinked a little bit before nodding, “yeah, I’ll go.”

 

Jonghyun began to walk out of the cemetery with Youngmin following him out. “How will I know you’re around?” Jonghyun asked. Youngmin thought for a minute before he noticed Jonghyun put on his jacket, “you’re cold?” Jonghyun nodded, “that’s how you’ll know.” Jonghyun nodded. He sat in his car and was about to turn on the ignition after noticing Youngmin sitting in the front seat, he gulped a little nervously. “Are you alright?” Youngmin nodded, “yeah, just a little nervous.” Jonghyun chuckled, “don’t be.” Jonghyun drove to the train station, with both nervousness and determination.

 

Jonghyun got out of the car and turned to Youngmin, “can you wait here and come in if you see I need help.” Youngmin nodded and watched Jonghyun head to the station. “Kwangmin, come out. Please come out I need to talk to you.” Jonghyun called out. “Quit yelling I’m right here.” Kwangmin said walking out from a corner. “What do you want?” “I need you to listen to me.” Kwangmin swallowed and said, “I am in no mood for your empty promises.” Jonghyun walked closer to him, “Just listen to me, will you.” “No! I won’t! Where were you when my brother died, where?!” The pillars began to shake as his rage grew. Youngmin knew it was time to take matters into his own hands. “Kwangmin that’s enough!” He announced his presence and appeared in front of Jonghyun. Kwangmin’s eyes widened, “H-Hyung?”