Investigation Day 1: The Train Crash

The Ghost of the Twins

Investigation Day 1: The Train Crash

The next morning, Jonghyun, Onew, Key, Taemin, and Minho came to the train station. Jonghyun came up to the station and looked around, “Kwangmin, Youngmin where are you?” Jonghyun called out. The older twin came out first with the younger behind him. “Shall we begin?” Kwangmin nodded and walked to the tracks, “follow me.” Kwangmin walked along the tracks, Youngmin and the detectives following him. As they were walking, Jonghyun turned to Minho and wondered, “Did you get the police station about the ropes?” Minho shook his head, “No, they told me they didn’t conduct any scans.” Jonghyun nodded, “we’ll need to do that, can you and Taemin go to the police station and have them get some scans started.” Minho nodded. He looked at Taemin and they left for the police station.

 

Kwangmin stopped when he arrived to the area. The others, including Youngmin, took in the site with such sadness and shock that it was hard to look at. “This is it.” Kwangmin said sorrowfully. Youngmin placed a hand on his brother’s shoulder to provide some comfort. Jonghyun and Key began to look around while Onew began to take pictures of the area. This was the first time Youngmin saw the train crash and his dead being ached, “y-you must’ve been so scared.” Kwangmin nodded before replying, “You must’ve been worried.” Youngmin nodded back then replied, “I called you so many times, but you never answered the phone. I was ready to go out and search for you, but when the police officer came and told us what happened I don’t know what came over me, my whole being frozen and all I could see was your smile vanishing. I went to see you at the hospital, too. I made you a promise and I intend to keep that promise.” Kwangmin smiled, “You’re right I was scared, I was terrified but at the same time I was glad because it was me in that place instead of you. I don’t know what came over me, aswell, when you died, but no one should go like that, I vowed to bring those bastards to hell even if I have to do it myself.” Youngmin embraced his brother tightly and the younger, without hesitation returned the embrace.

 

Meanwhile, at Choi Corporation, the head of the entire company sat high and mighty at his desk signing some papers before looking at his friend, “so, Mr. Jo I hear that your son’s have suddenly passed away.” He said in a low tone of voice. Mr. Jo nodded, “yes, they have.” The head man leaned back in his chair, trying to hide the smirk that crept on the lips, “I am very sorry to hear such news, I give you my deepest condolences.” Mr. Jo   bowed, “thank you very much Mr. Choi” it was then that Mr. Choi’s office phone rang. Answering it, he turned to face the window, “hello, Choi Corp.”

“Sir, we have a problem. Detective Jonghyun and his crew are working on the Jo case. It seems like the twin’s ghosts are helping them.” One of the grunts said into the receiver as he watched Taemin and Minho walk into the police station.

Mr. Choi let out a hearty laugh before replying, “don’t be ridiculous, what nonsense.”

“Sir, I’m telling you Jonghyun is working on the case, we saw him at the train station multiple times and we spotted his partner at that fake construction site.” The grunt replied.

Mr. Choi began to worry, “y-yah, put an end to them immediately.” He muttered into the phone so Mr. Jo wouldn’t hear. Then he hung up. “I’m sorry; Mr. Jo, but I have a meeting. The two parted ways rather quickly, but Mr. Choi was not left in a comfortable position.

 

Kwangmin suddenly perked up and looked around, “Jonghyun where are Minho and Taemin?” He wondered. “They’re at the police office.” Kwangmin gulped and looked at Youngmin, “hyung, I have a bad feeling.”

 

Minho and Taemin got all of their information and were about to head back to the train station. However, a gun was fired and Taemin landed on the ground with a harsh ‘thud’ “T-Taemin!” Minho called out, lifting him up and taking out his gun ready to fight back, but there was no one around. “Taemin can you hear me?!” Getting no response from the wounded younger he called out to the police inside the office, “call an ambulance, hurry!” Minho took out his phone and dialed Jonghyun’s number.

“What’s up Minho?” Jonghyun answered.

“Come to Seoul hospital quick.” Minho replied as he got into the ambulance with Taemin.

“Why what’s going on?” Jonghyun answered a little worried.

“Taemin was shot.”