Conductor Interview

The Ghost of the Twins

Conductor Interview

The next morning, Jonghyun met up with the conductor that ran the train before the station was shut down. They met up at Jonghyun’s office. The man told Jonghyun that he didn’t remember much from the accident, but he would try to remember all he could.

Jonghyun took out his note pad and a pen and began, “Now, Mr. Kim I first of all want to thank you for doing this.” The conductor smiled, “of course.” Jonghyun nodded and continued, “Please tell me everything you remember before the crash.” Mr. Kim nodded and began to speak, as he spoke, Jonghyun wrote down everything that the man said, “That day, I gathered the passengers from the downtown shopping centers and the train began to head north to the station that was near a high school, a lot of students do take the train to get home or work after school. When the train arrived, I went to the train doors and a boy, I presume one of the twins, was standing there. I greeted him and he asked me if I wouldn’t mind waiting for his brother. I told him that five minuets were all I could spare and he agreed.” Jonghyun nodded and then asked, “Were there any other passengers at the time that were close to the exit?” Mr. Kim thought for a minuet, “There were two other men in that particular train car at the time, but they didn’t seem to be suspicious.” Jonghyun arched a brow and wrote something on the side and then motioned him to continue. “Well anyway, after about five minutes, I told the boy that we had to depart to the next station. He seemed hesitant, but he got in the train anyway. I did feel bad for having to leave his brother behind, but we were on a schedule and we could only spare five minuets.” Jonghyun nodded and asked, “About those passengers, did you see them at all after the crash?” Mr. Kim thought a little and answered, “You know, I don’t think I did.” Jonghyun looked up, intrigued, “could you describe them to me? What did they look like? What were they wearing?” Mr. Kim sighed, “I’m sorry detective, but I only remember what they wore, they looked like they came back from a long trip. One man was wearing a dark suit and the other was in a suit as well but he had a badge clipped on to his suit pocket.” Jonghyun nodded, he wanted to smirk to himself, he had a feeling that he was getting close to something big. “Do you know if the badge was recovered at all after the crash?” The conductor shook his head, “No I do not.” Jonghyun nodded and said, “Please, proceed with your story.” Mr. Kim cleared his throat and continued, “The first half of the trains travels was smooth sailing and we were coming up to our next station. It was then that I noticed something nudged in between the train tracks. Now, detective, you must understand I am not a young man anymore. Also, the tracks were built on a rocky terrain so, I thought that it was a pebble or rock that somehow got stuck there. I didn’t pay it much attention and went over it, and when I did, there was such a loud explosion, it shook the train and forced it to a halt. I immediately contacted the authorities and went to help the rest of the passengers escape the train. I noticed that those men in the suits and that young boy did not come out of the train, my worst thoughts became reality, the young boy had perished, but the men were no where to be found.” Jonghyun nodded, “Tell me was there another detective around at the time.” Mr. Kim nodded, “yes, his name….I believe it was Woohyun.” Jonghyun nodded and jotted the name down; he was going to need to pay a visit to Woohyun. “Is there anything else you would like to add?” Mr. Kim thought for a moment before replying, “Ah, yes, there is one thing I wanted to mention. The first is that, when I was helping the passengers out of the train, I noticed that one of the windows was broken, I think it might have been smashed during the explosion, but, it was right next to where those suited men were.” Jonghyun arched a brow, ‘that is interesting.’ He said. He got up with Mr. Kim and shook his hand, “thank you, Mr. Kim for your time, I will look into that. Please be careful on your way back.”

 

After the conductor left, he began pacing back and forth paging through his notes from the interview. He needed to get back to the train station and investigate again, but he would surely run into the twins if not Kwangmin himself and he would be angry, no doubt. He looked to his prisoner in the cell, still not willing to cooperate with him. He then looked at Onew’s office where Jeongmin and Minwoo were. He needed to figure this out, but he wasn’t ready to face Kwangmin yet so he decided to talk to this detective Woohyun.

 

Back at the hospital, Taemin awoke to Key placing a tray of food onto his lap. “H-Hyung?” Key smiled, “hey, how are you doing any better?” Taemin slowly sat up, physically yeah he felt better, but he couldn’t help but feel guilty for what happened, if he didn’t get injured he would still be able to help Jonghyun. Jonghyun was now forced to either give up or do the case by himself until he gives Onew evidence. “Yeah, I’m feeling better.” Taemin replied. Key nodded, “are you upset about Jonghyun?” Key asked. Taemin smirked, Key read him like an open book. “Yeah.” Key chuckled, “don’t worry about him, Jonghyun is a stubborn mule. Giving up isn’t in his dictionary, he’ll be fine.” Taemin chuckled. “Alright hyung.”

 

At his company, Mr. Choi hasn’t heard back from any of his men and that mad him nervous. His phone rang out through the office, making him answer it immediately. “Hello?” He answered.

“B-Boss, i-It’s me…”One of his grunts said.

“It’s about damn time, what do you have to report.” He demanded, releasing a bit of a sigh.

“w-well, I managed to pause the investigation for a little bit, one of the officers is wounded and the other three seemed to be occupied with other cases or looking after the injured officer. However, Jonghyun seems like he is still doing the case. I lost the car and the ghosts were defiantly helping him.” The man sighed, he was still shaking from his experience with those ghosts.

“Well you did something right that’s a shocker, we need to get rid of the rest of those officers. We are not out of the woods yet, so keep your guard up understand?” He instructed.

“Yes sir, w-what are your orders?” He asked regaining his composure a little.

“I need you to show me these ghosts, if they are this frightening, maybe we can persuade them to work for us.” He said smirking.

Gulping the man replied, “s-sir you want to deceive a ghost? That’s-“

“Does it sound like I care? Send me footage of these ghosts and we’ll go from there.” He said raising his voice slightly.

“V-very well, sir. I-I’ll do what I can.”

The two hung up with out exchanging their goodbyes. Mr. Choi leaned back into his chair, ‘we can get those ghosts on our side. If they want their father alive they will do what I’ll say.’ He smirked at the thought.