Trail and Last Goodbye

The Ghost of the Twins

Trail and Last Goodbye

 

After all of the work was done, it came time for the trial. Mr. Choi sat at his place with his lawyer. Jonghyun sat with the others in back while some of the witness’s including some of the twin’s friends and their father sat with their lawyers as witnesses. When the trail started everything was going smoothly. Thanks to the witness’s and the evidence that Jonghyun found, Mr. Choi was proven guilty and his company was permanently shut down. Jonghyun was the happiest out of the entire group. He managed to keep his promise to the twins and they can now rest peacefully now that this mystery was solved. So, after the trial ended, Jonghyun left the court house and went off to visit the twins and tell them the good news.

 

At the cemetery Kwangmin visited the spot that he was buried in. He was able to stay by his brother this, made him happy. Youngmin sat by his tombstone and watched his brother trace over the letters of his name that were carved on a last minute tombstone. “You know,” Kwangmin began looking over to his brother before continuing to speak, “I want to visit appa and umma.” Youngmin smiled and nodded he wanted to visit them, but we have to wait until Jonghyun comes to get us.” “I wonder, will they be happy to see us?” Kwangmin wondered. Youngmin was taken back by the question, “of course they’ll be happy, they are our parents.” Kwangmin was silent, “are you sure they’ll be happy?” Youngmin walked over to his brother and placed his ghostly hand on to Kwangmin’s ghostly shoulder and said, “Kwangmin, they’re our parents obviously, they won’t be thrilled, but they will at least know that we are resting peacefully together, right?” Kwangmin released a sigh, but nodded, “yeah, you’re right.” Youngmin smiled and sat next to his brother.

 

When Jonghyun arrived, he walked over to the twin’s grave. Releasing a sigh, he smiled, “it’s over now, I have kept my promise to you both. Now, you may rest peacefully together.” The twins sat by their graves and smiled, “actually, we have one more request to make, if that’s alright.” Youngmin began. Jonghyun nodded, “of course, what is it?” Kwangmin stood up from his spot on his tombstone and said, “We want to see our parents.” Jonghyun nodded, “I’m sure you do, I don’t know if they are going to stop by, though.” Youngmin joined his brother, “No, we want to go and visit them.” He said. Jonghyun understood, “you want me to come with you?” He wondered. The twins nodded, almost shyly. Jonghyun sighed in defeat, “Alright, alright, let’s go.” Jonghyun left the cemetery with the two ghosts happily following suit.

 

The trip to the Jo’s home was quite, Youngmin was excited and yet very sad, but Kwangmin was nervous. He knew he had caused so much trouble for his family and yet, here he was, a ghost going to see his family with his brother one last time. Youngmin noticed his brother’s silent behavior and smiled, “Kwangmin, no need to worry, everything will be fine.” Kwangmin nodded, trying to show his brother that he was fine, but he knew that fooling Youngmin was not easy. When they arrived, Jonghyun parked at the curb and got out of his car. The twins following him like two bodyguards escorting a celebrity. Jonghyun knocked on the door and waited for a few moments before Mrs. Jo answered the door. “Mrs. Jo.” Jonghyun said, smiling. The woman smiled, “Detective, thank you for all you’ve done. We are indebted to you and your team.” Jonghyun chuckled, “no need for all of that, this is my job.” The woman smiled and wondered, “is there something you needed?” Jonghyun smiled, “I, actually, came with two people who want to see you.” Mrs. Jo was a bit taken back, “oh? Who?” Jonghyun smiled and stood back making Mrs. Jo follow him out and when she saw her sons, her twins, her dead twins standing before her, as ghosts. went agape, “Y-youngmin, Kwangmin.” The two ghosts smiled, “Hi Umma.” Mrs. Jo was beside herself. She was feeling so many emotions at once, happiness, joy, confusion, sadness, all of those emotions brought tears to her eyes. “Umma, we wanted to see you.” Youngmin said happily, but there was a sad undertone. Mrs. Jo walked over to her son’s and with a shaking voice said, “I miss you two so much.” Youngmin and Kwangmin smiled, “we miss you too.” Kwangmin then spoke, “I’m sorry Umma, I’ve made you and appa upset and-“ “Kwangmin, there is no need to be so hard on yourself, nothing was your fault. I know that I can’t bring you two back from the dead, but I can wish you a peaceful rest together and that is what I want now, for you two rest peacefully together.” Kwangmin smiled and nodded, “yes, umma.” Youngmin smirked and looked around, “is appa not home yet?” he wondered. Mrs. Jo shook her head, “no, he went to the company, he said he needed to do something.” Youngmin nodded in understanding. The moments passed in silence until Youngmin finally said, “I guess it is time for us to go.” Mrs. Jo nodded and said, “Your father and I will visit you at the cemetery soon.” Kwangmin and Youngmin nodded. Kwangmin chimed in, “We will be there waiting.” Earning a nod of agreement from Youngmin, the twins parted ways with their mother and they appeared in front of Jonghyun that was standing by his car, smiled and said, “Ready to head back?” The twins nodded and the trio made their way back to the cemetery.