Investigating the Office

The Ghost of the Twins

Investigating the Office

Jonghyun drove to Woohyun’s office with tension building in his shoulders. He knew he was getting close, but he, also, knew that he had to work quickly. Kwanmin’s temper was getting worse and if he hurt anyone else there won’t be any mercy and he will be dragged to the underworld. He couldn’t let that happen, he made them a promise; a promise to let the twins rest together peacefully. He will keep that promise even if he had to join the twins in the after life. He parked his car and walked into the station, looking around he noticed there was barely anyone in the station. This made him skeptical all together, but he couldn’t get distracted with that, he had to get into Woohyun’s office and look around.

 

He found his target at the back off in one of the corners. It was a light beige door, there wasn’t anything interesting or odd about it, which makes others pass it without question. However, Jonghyun has met the man behind the door and he was an odd one. Slowly, Jonghyun took out the gold keys from his jacket pocket and aligned the first one with the lock. He hoped that he wouldn’t have to try every single key to open the door. He put in the first key; unfortunately, the luck wasn’t on his side. The first key was the wrong one. He released a frustrated grunt before trying the second key, there was no approving click. He closed his eyes in disappointment, but tried the third key, third times the charm, right? Evidently, it was because the lock finally gave in. The door opened giving a creak in response and Jonghyun quietly walked into the office, shutting the door softly behind him.

 

Once inside, Jonghyun began to look through countless files and papers; some were in manila envelopes, some were on the desktop computer, and others were scattered across the top of the desk. He didn’t find anything unusual in open view so he decided to check the desk drawers. When he tried to open them, they wouldn’t budge. Jonghyun smirked. Bingo. They were all locked. He used the keys to get the drawers open. In each drawer, he found exactly what he needed. In the first, he found a file of the twins and their father. Attached to the file, was a little background information on the Jo Company. He took the file and silently shut the first drawer. Opening the second, there was what looked like a large plastic bag. Now, Jonghyun was no specialist and being a detective he knew that there would be times when he would miss meals, but this bag didn’t seem like it was meant to hold Woohyun’s lunch. Jonghyun lifted the bag and noticed that a black suit was in it. He thought it would come in handy for evidence so he took that and moved on to the third drawer. The third drawer had what Jonghyun was originally looking for, the rope. His eyes practically began to glimmer in victory. He took out the rope and placed it onto the large plastic and went to the fourth and fifth drawers. The fourth held some weapons such as a pistol and a pocket knife, for what ever reason. The fifth had a small piece of paper with phone numbers, also useful for evidence. Once he got everything he needed, he quickly and quietly closed the drawers and locked them. He left the office locking it and quickly went to his car.

 

Back at the station, Kwangmin perked up and looked around. He began to struggle against the chains, the heat racked up, but he didn’t care, he needed to find Jonghyun. Something wasn’t right. Youngmin looked at the younger, “Kwangmin calm down, what is it?” he asked. Kwangmin couldn’t keep his anger in check and he released an angry yell making Youngmin and the other boys back away. Youngmin knew that Kwangmin couldn’t keep his anger contained anymore, but something was wrong Kwangmin was calm a few moments ago. Youngmin turned to the others, “did Jonghyun get in contact with you?” He asked. Donghyun shook his head. Onew and Minho went off to get Key and some other officers. Youngmin got in front of Kwangmin and embraced him, “Kwangmin calm down, I’m here. Please calm down, dongseng.” Kwangmin looked at his brother and uttered, “g-get to Jonghyun….p-please h-hurry…” Youngmin tightened the embrace, “I will hold on, please hold on.”

 

Jonghyun hid the evidence in his car. He ran out as Woohyun ran after him. He had some how found out that he had snuck into his office and now he was after him. Thankfully no one was around; he couldn’t bear to be the cause of someone’s injury. He had to keep running until he got to the station, yeah the station.