Chapter. 25

Sick Enough to Die

C hapter. 25

Our promise

 


Update!!

So i couldn't update this past weeks cuz i was practicing with my team for a dance competition.

And yesterday was the final.

It's such a waste that we only got second place even when we've practice hard for weeks.

We were crying yesterday, cuz this's the first time my team lose (it's fact, not to be cocky lol)

But nevermind, we'll try our best for the next competition on february!

And why i'm writing this again? hahaha~

Oh, please support us from afar~


Baekhyun's POV

 

     I heard the news. I couldn't do anything but sitting by myself on my seat while regreting all things i ever did to Soo Ra. All the girls in my class start whisphering to each other while glancing at me every minute. I'm pissed, so i walk out of my class. Unfortunately, i passed Kai's class. I stare at him who was surrounded by EXO from the window.

 

     "Ya, hyung!! You're dating Soo Ra?! Are you serious?!" I saw Kyungsoo's wide eyes, as Kai keep smiling brightly at all of them. "What the Kai? What method did you use to get her?" Suho raise his eyebrow, suspicious. "Yeah, Suho, i don't believe him too. How could this jerk get my sister with straight way." Chanyeol rolled his eyes earning a glare from Kai, "Ya! How could all of you think i cheated! Are you guys really my friends?!" He yelled. All of EXO shook their heads playfully.

 

     "Whatever." Kai rolled his eyes, "It was Soo Ra herself who come to me. She said i've always been there for her when she's hurt, so she ask me whether it was too late for her to be my girlfriend." He state dreamily and end it with a dreamy sigh. I lowerred my head as i heard my own heart shattered into pieces, yet i couldn't do anything again. I deserve this kind of thing.

 

     "GET AWAY!" Suddenly i was pushed away with a force, i jump in shock before turning to see Soo Ra walking into Kai's class like a mad man, she doesn't see me. "Ya! You ert ! You said who and who going out?!" She yelled as she grab Kai by his collar, while Kai gulped in fear before raising both of his hands. "But you did say 'go out with me'." He defend before Soo Ra shook her head in disbelieve, "I said go out with me to buy a new stick for my club, because i had break all of it, you deaf!"

 

     All EXO were laughing by the scene, "So it was all a lie? You're doomed Kai." Luhan laughed before patting Kai's back, earning a glare from him. Then unfortunately, Kai saw me and a smirk appear on his lips, he back hug Soo Ra right infront of me. "Lucky you it was just a rumor, Baek. It's as what you see here, so don't think wrong of it, eh?" He smirk and i could see Soo Ra's wide eyes when she turn her head, seeing me standing infront of the class.

 

     "But even when she's not mine now, she'll be in the future. I will never make her cry like you did, and i'll make her think 'i'm happy with him'." Kai said confidently, leaving me standing there dumbfounded. His words stab on me hard, it was right that all i could do it make her cry. I keep standing there in silence, i don't know what should i do. Should i leave now?

 

     Surprisingly, Soo Ra push Kai away before walking to me in hurry. "Baekhyun, it's not like that.. I-" She was going to explain it, yet having a stupid mouth, i cut her. Even when i dumped her, she still want to explain everything so i won't be confused? I don't deserve her anyway, i'm such a fool for having a girl i like look at me with such a troubled gaze. I couldn't take it anymore, so i said something that i should never had said it in the first place.

 

     "I think Kai and you being together is great."

 

     I smile. I could see Soo Ra's eyes widden, she looks so fragile that i want to take my words back, yet i couldn't. All of EXO's eyes widden too. She stare at me with teary eyes and i couldn't do anything but look away from her. "I'll support you." I said as i stare at Kai, i don't have any guts to stare at Soo Ra right on her eyes. I know, i know, i'm such a losers.

 

     "Okay then, i'll leave first. I need to see Minah, bye." I said lastly before waving my hand at all of them, i take a glance at Soo Ra's lastly, and i regret it. I could see her emotionless eyes, it was a cold gaze yet it was full of hurts because i could see a hint of tears in it. I fake a smile lastly before walking out of the class and out of the school.

 

      Straight to the hospital.

 

 

Your's POV

 

     He hate me. Baekhyun doesn't love me anymore. He doesn't like me at all. He really become Minah's boyfriend. Baekhyun ah, don't go.. I want to say that when i saw his figure dissapear from the corridor, but it was something that i can't even say. I can't say anything more. All i could feel right now is a hot tears running down my cheeks.

 

     I jump in shock when i feel someone tapping my shoulder, i turn around just to be greet by Kai. "Let's go to the hospital, i know you want it." He said and i nodded without thinking twice.

 


 

      Now, i found myself standing infront of Minah's room. I gulped when i saw Kai ready to open it, "Wait." I hissed in hurry, Kai raise an eyesbrow while turning to me. "I.. I'm going to my father's office first!" I said before i run away from him who yelled at me, "Ya! How could you leave me alone!" I ignore him as i run straight to my father's office.

 

     "Appa!" I yelled as i run into the room with a loud bang. "When will that Minah girl leave this hospital?! It's already past the scheduled date for her leaving." I frown as i walk to my dad who glare at me, "I told you before, knock first please. And about Minah, it's complicated, Soo Ra." He tried to explain yet i cut him, "What's so complicated, dad? She's on the lower stage of a heart disease, it won't kill her if she leave." I rolled my eyes.

 

     My dad sighed, "Listen here, Soo Ra. She's not only acting about her attack, but also her illness." My eyes widden, "You mean, she wasn't sick?" I frown when my dad shook his head, "She's sick. But it's hard to know if she was stabile or not, i bet she doesn't even give us a honest answers everytime we ask about her condition for our reports. That's why i couldn't send her home yet." He explain. I rolled my eyes in disbelieve after hearing my dad's explaination, "And even the most trusted doctor in Seoul can't indetify her illness?" I mocked, earning a glare from my dad.

 

      "And don't think that i don't know about what happened to Baekhyun and you. Well, i'm not surprised, because Minah is just a perfect actress." He mocked back and i glare at him, "Shut up, appa. She's just a , and i'm going to get Baekhyun back." I said lastly before leaving my dad in his office shooking his head. I walk back to Minah's room, yet before i could open the door, i heard her giggles. She was talking cutely to Kai and Baekhyun, she was taling about her illness that was about 10 years ago and all of her lies.

 

     "But it's okay, oppa. I'm used with the disease." She said lastly with a hint of a fake sad voice. My hand turn into a fist as i couldn't take her act any longer, i push the door open as i glare at her. Minah's eyes widden when she saw me, Baekhyun's too. "Stop it, Minah! I'm sick of your act! Stop pretending that you're a cute girl!" I yelled, i could see Minah's satre at me with fear. But suddenly Baekhyun stand up and defend her, "What the hell, Soo Ra?! Why did you come here suddenly just to yell at her?!"

 

      "Shut up, Baek!" I yelled before walking to Minah and end up slaping her cheek hard, "Coward!" I yelled again, "Ya! Soo Ra!" Kai stand up in shock when Baekhyun forcefully pull my arm, "Dirty! !" I keep on shouting at her, "Ya, Soo Ra! Why all of sudden-" Baekhyun's words was cut with me, "Because she fake her illness too, Baek! He fake it to get you!" I yelled as i turn to look at Baekhyun who have his eyes widden slightly.

 

     "She played with your feeling, Baek! She know you won't leave her if she fake her illness and she doesn't need to get out of the hospital!" I yelled. With dirty hand, Baekhyun was taken away from me. "I-i didn't do such a thing." Minah shuttered before she start crying, i frown hurtfully by seeing her act, "We won't be fooled by you, Minah!" I yelled but surprissingly Baekhyun hold my arm, i trun around with a frown as i see him sighing.

 

     He sighed again, "I told you before right, Soo Ra? I knew all of her lies from the start. Her attack nor illness, i knew it." I frown by his answer and i could see Minah's eyes widden as she stop her fake tears, so do Kai's. If you knew then why did you go out with her? Because she's lonely like what you said before? "Even if she can fooled other people, i could know that it's fake. Don't underestimate me who have this disease since i was a child, Soo Ra." He chuckled.

 

     "I told you before too, right? Being a sick person and live in the hospital is lonely. It's okay if she lied, it's because she doesn't want me to leave her side and leave her all lonely by herself." He walk to Minah slowly as he whipped her tears away, "You don't want me to leave your side, you're that lonely, right?" He muttered and Minah stare at him for some secons before she start crying with nod. "I only have you, Baekhyun. I-i did this not to take a revenge on you, Soo Ra." She close her eyes with her hands as she start crying.

 

     Then the silence filled the room as all of us turn silent, until it's time for us to go home.

 


 

 

     Baekhyun is kind, but he's cruel. Baekhyun, Kai, and me was sitting side by side on the bus as we're going back to the school. I keep staring on my shoes as i was in a deep thought, i'm tried of this. Minah's words keep on repeating on my head as a tear slip down my eyes. "I only have Baekhyun too." I suddenluy blurt as i could feel both Baekhyun and Kai stiffed at their seat.

 

     "I only have you too, i've liked you since we're a kid. When i heard you are going out with Minah, it was so painful that i would die. I wanted to cry too." I muttered just when the bus stop, the three of us walk out of the bus silently. When we're out, i stop and remain silent as i stand on my spot. Baekhyun sighed as he turn around to stare at me, "Soo Ra?" He muttered as Kai stop walking too. I lift my head as i stare at him with a hurtful eyes, "Tomorrow after school, come to the clover field where we made our promise when we're a kids." Our promise was still fresh on my mind.

 

     "Please, marry me when we grow up!" "Promise me! Once we turned 20, we'll get marry! If you break your promise, i'll never forgive you."

 

     "If you don't come, i'll finally give up on you!" I said lastly before i walk past him and Kai, leaving both of them together as i ignore Kai calling for me and i just run straight to the school with tears running down my eyes.

 

     If you don't come, i'll give up on you, Baekhyun. It'll be the end of us.

 

 

 

Kai's POV

 

     I push Baekhyun to the wall, traping him when we arrived at the entrance of our dorm. "Split it out, Baek. Where's the place you made the promise with Soo Ra?" I smile, "You won't go there anyway, right?" I smirk as he remain silent while looking away form me. "I know you won't go there, so i'll go there to replace you." I said again as i smirk when i saw he start frowning with hurtful eyes.

 

     He push me away as he walk away from me, "Ya! Byun Baekhyun! Just tell me, i'll come there because i hate seeing a sick guy like you make a girl crying over you! Just let me replace you!" I spat coldly, yet he keep walking away. I was going to run after him when he suddenly stop. "A park three blocks away from the hospital, where clover grows." He mutteres lastly before walking away from the dorm.

 

     Oh well, that was way too easy to get the information. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Do check out my new story!!

     Story title: GEMINI : Living a Lie

     Author: Kookiebubbletea_

     Genre: Sad, Romance, & Tragedy

     Characters : Jeon Jiyeon (you) ft. Jeon Jeongguk (BTS's Jungkook), Kim Taehyung (V), BTS.

   

     "Loving you was the worst mistake i had ever done. I know i shouldn't love you, but i can't kill my own heart, even when i know there is no way we could be together." - Jeon Jiyeon

    


 

     I always see him as a fragile glass that i should protect. But now, he grow up into a man and i start to feel this painful feeling in my heart. A feeling that i shouldn't have toward him, it's forbidden. Because now, i love him as a man.. not as my brother. 

     This is my story.. a story about my forbidden love with my twin brother, Jungkook. From the start, i know that we won't have a happy ending as we expected, because this is our sad fate as twins.