Chapter. 13

Sick Enough to Die

 

C hapter. 13

Hurts

 


Annyeong!

I'm updating again >< but a chapter only, i'd done for today then~

Long update here~


Kai's POV

 

     Baekhyun, you're the most stupid boyfriend i'd ever met. You're awake that time right? I think i'm the one who regconise your eyes is moving when a tears escape from it in the hospital this morning. You don't even open up your eyes, when your girl is crying like hell? A hundred point for you sputid action there. I guess you're thinking that you're dying. Did my words make you do that?

 

      I walk to Soo Ra and Yura's classroom. I open up the door and found Soo Ra is still crying while looking out the window, and Yura try to calm her. "That Byun Baekhyun will pay if he doesn't open his eyes tomorrow!" Soo Ra said while stuttering, she really has a mental breakdown just because Baekhyun's acting skill. "You don't trust him? Soo Ra, he'll open it tomorrow." I said, she give me a shocked look when i'm already standing beside her. "I do trusted him." She said and turn to look at the window again.

 

     "Kai-sshi, please make her stop crying." Yura whispher to me, I give her a look. "I can't! That Baekhyun is the only one who can do that." I whispher back, she look really sad with my answer. "She has been crying from the beginning of the class, the teachers can't complain anything." Yura wipped her tears away. I sighed when i look back at Soo Ra. Her eyes was so red with a dark-circles appear too, her cheek is so wet, she even can't talk properly. She look like a walking death now. Please smile again Soo Ra. You look so concern. It's all my fault for saying such thing to Baekhyun, but still. I'm right.

 

     I don't want to think this way in this situation okay. But i've to be honest. Soo Ra isn't suppose to love Baekhyun. She's pretty, the smartest student in the school, good at sport, she can dance and sing. She is perfect. A perfect girl is a princess, a princess need a perfect prince beside her. Yes i know Baekhyun is perfect too, but he's not longer perfect with his disease.

 

     I can be her prince, if she leave Baekhyun. I had realise it that i love her too. But i can't enter her heart, because Baekhyun doesn't even give a space for me to enter it. I really want to tell her that Baekhyun was pretending back in the hospital, but of course i can't. I'm scared of two things if i told her. First, she won't believe me and kick me out. Or second, third war will began.

 

     Baekhyun won't survive.

 

     I'm so bad to thing that way but i'm sure i'm right. Because my father is the same as Baekhyun. He has a heart disease, just like Baekhyun. No one donate him a heart. The last time i saw him is when he got his last heart attack. He died. He left me. I've only my mom now and Kyungsoo, my step-brother. What if Baekhyun leave Soo Ra too,  like what my dad did to my mom? I'll ready to replace Baekhyun's place in her heart, and make her smile.

 

     Can she even love me? Looks like Baekhyun will leave her again. If my prediction was right, will she open up her heart for me? I promise i'll make her happy not like that Baekhyun. I can keep my promise though.

 

     If Baekhyun can't make her happy.

     I'll take her from him.

 

 

 

Your's POV

 

     Day passed to fast, night has come. I haven't sleep for a night. And now what? I'm sitting in my bed, and just staring at Baekhyun's picture and can't even sleep. Is he really going to be okay? A tears escape from my eyes again, i wipped it away with the back of my hand. I'd promise Kai and Yura not to cry anymore.

 

     "Hey, aren't you going to sleep?" I don't realise it, that Yura is still awake. She look at me worriedly, "I will when i'm tired." I said coldly. She look at me sadly then she beg me, "Please sleep, Soo Ra. I can't stand seeing you like this." She look really sad and her eyes filled with tears. I sighed at her, and nodded. I can't stand seeing her tears. I lay in my bed and pull my blanket, trying to sleep. I hope i could sleep. I heard Yura's sobs stop and she said "Sweet dreams, Soo Ra." before it turn to silence.

 

 


 

 

     It's morning already, but it's a good thing, i could see Baekhyun just in a few minutes or an hour. I walk to the bathroom and wash my face, i sighed when i look at my eyes I need to get rid of this dark-circles. I turn on the hot water and mix it with some cold water in the bath tub. I lay in the bath tub now with warm water filled in it. I change to my uniform after i'm done, now i need to look for my english teacher for a permission to visit Baekhyun.

 

    I get out the bathroom, "Oh. You are awake?" I look at Yura who's sitting in the corner of her bed, she nodded lazily. "Baekhyun, right?" She said and yawn, i nodded excitedly. "I'll find Mr. Walker, you can take a bath." I said and run out of my room. I'm so excited, Baekhyun will open his eyes. Until i bumped into someone, "Omo! Mianh-- Oh it's you, Kai." I'm so lucky it just Kai. "Ya, no sorry come out your mouth?" He roll his eyes, I laughed and i shook my head then stuck out my tongue. "It's prettier when you smile, looking for the teacher?" He asked and i nodded.

 

     We go to the teacher office together, he has to look for his teacher too. I found Luhan, Kyungsoo, and my brother in the office. We asked for permission, but Luhan, and my brother's teacher doesn't let them to leave.

      "You'd leave yesterday. Not for today anymore."

 

     We need another plan so they can leave too. I give Luhan a sign of my plan and he smirked. "But.. Please, we need to goo~" Luhan try his best doing aegyo and pouts cutely, my brother tried too but Luhan is better with aegyo beside Sehun and Tao. Our plan work smoothly because of Luhan cute face and his teacher is, uhm yeah, a girl, she's still young too. She's only 25 years old.

 

     I get out the office and laugh together, "Do you see her face when Luhan do aegyo?" Kai laughed, we can make a troll club like this. They laughed. I walk back to my room and find Yura is ready. "Let's go. Someone can't wait to meet her boyfriend." Kai said, with his teasing tone. And he earn a playfull punch from me, "Shut up." I mumbled,

 

     We walk to the cars park and drive to the hospital. After we arrive, first destination, Baekhyun's room. I knock at the door and open it. "Baekhyun?" Luhan whisphered again like yesterday. "Nae, come in." I hear he's answering, oh my gosh. I feel so happy just to hear his voice. I enter the room, just when i saw him smiling at us I skip to the bed happily and hug him tightly. "I can't breath, Soo Ra!" He said, and i break the hug and grin at him. "Now you can." I chuckled.

 

     I kiss him in his cheek, and he blushed. Just like the world is ours, i forget about the others existence who look at us with a shocked face.

 

     I heard Kai's fake cough, "I'm sorry for disturbing your lovey dovey time, but can you just stop?" Yura said and the other burst to laugh, "Get a room guys." Kai chuckled. Luhan and Kyungsoo just smirk teasingly to me and Baekhyun. "Ya! They're right, stop it. I know you have a couple, don't make me jealous." Chanyeol, my brother, pouts. I heard the door open, and my dad appear behind the openned door. "Oh. Soo Ra, Chanyeol. You're here?" Chanyeol oppa and me nodded at our dad, "I've got permission." I said to my dad, so he won't misunderstand as we ran away from school, he nodded.

 

     "Baekhyun-ah, you can leave the hospital now. If you want to." He said. So Baekhyun can go back now? Thanks god, that he's okay. "Nae, gamsahabnida Mr. Park." Baekhyun answer my dad. My dad told him to that he can't run, and do any kind of sport even if only for a minute like before, he shouldn't. I feel guilty for him.

 

     We get back to our school with Baekhyun with us. I don't even want to release his hand, i don't know why. My feeling isn't right, i scared like he will leave me again. Wierd thought. I go back to my classroom with Yura, and the other too, except for Baekhyun. The teacher told him to rest in his room. So i'll visit him later.

 

     The bell ring, It's lunch time now. I look so fresh when knowing that Baekhyun's awake, everyone admit it. I walk to the cafetaria with Yura, now i can eat properly too. I'm so hungry, we buy our food and when we're looking for seat. There were EXO who's sitting in the corner, no wonder the cafetaria is full of girls squealing to each other. I was about to go to eat in the garden with Yura when someone pull me, "Ya! Where are you going? Eat with us!" I turn my head, it was Luhan. "We're just about to eat in the garden." Yura said. "Andwae! Eat with us, kay?" He said and without any warning he pull my hand. Yura shook her head and follow us.

 

     "Look who's here." That familiar voice, Suho. "If you aren't happy, we can leave." I roll my eyes and point at Yura. "No. No. Of course i'm happy. Take a seat." He said with an annoyed tone and roll his eyes.

 

     We're all talking about Baekhyun, i'm lucky Kyungsoo is his roommate, so i can know how is he doing. Suho said that the boys who make me hurt were sent to their home, they need time to think about their fault. We chat untill the bell ring, time pass so fast. We walk in different corridor now, walking to each of our class. And we ended the day happily.

 

 

     Day passed so fast. Two Month passed too.  A half year passed then.

 

 

     As the time passed, Baekhyun was being different.  He's not him any more, not the Baekhyun i know before. He keep on making a distance between us, I don't realise it at the first time. But the distance between us become more and more further every single time. He will do anything to make the distance even become further.

 

     "Suho, do you think Baekhyun hyung is being different this year?" Sehun asked. "Yes. That jerk was so different." Suho said, the other EXO's member nodded in agreement. "He's so different, i need to talk to him." I sighed. "Kyungsoo, don't you know about something?" Xiumin asked. "Yeah Kyungsoo ah, you're his roommate." Luhan glare at Kyungsoo. I really hope that Kyungsoo know about something, but he shook his head and he even said that Baekhyun change toward him too, "He don't even help me with the English project okay?" He pouts.

 

    He's hiding something, i really need to talk to him. If no one know why he's changing, i'll find it out myself then. I walk away from the other and going to find Baekhyun, "Ya! Soo Ra ah, where are you going?" Yura ask when she saw me leaving. "Having a talk to him, he's in the roof right?"

 

 


 

 

    I walk to the roof. He always in the roof from a few months ago. Some student told me about that. But no one know why is he changing towards all of us, he even dye her hair into purple. Even though it match him well, i guess.

 

    I open the door to the roof, and saw a boy who was laying in the ground and look at the sky. "Baekhyun?" He look at me, yes he's Baekhyun with the eggplant hairstyle. "Why you're here?" He asked coldly. What? Not even giving me a 'hi' ? and he doesn't like it when i'm there? Geez. You're Baekhyun, but your heart doesn't belong to him. "Why did you change?" I asked coldly not even bother to answer his question.

 

     He chuckled then smirked, "Change? I'm not. Don't talk about something nonsense." He give me a look. I don't know who's i'm talking to right now, but this fake Baekhyun was so annoying! He's not Baekhyun. "You'd change! Why you're making a distance between us? Then EXO too!" I can't hold it. I don't understand him, i look at his face and found a smirk up in his lips. "Isn't it clear? I want you guys to stay away from me. Simple." He stare at me coldly, i was taken back with his words.

 

     "I hate it when you're around, Soo Ra."

 

     He said it like there isn't something wrong with his sentence, my eyes widden, shocked.Suddenly, i couldn't understand what the sentence meant anymore. "What? What do you mean?" I shuttered, he look like a devil, not an angel that i used to know before. He stand up from the ground and walk to me, i make a few steps backward to protect myself. I'm scared. He stand infront of me without answering my question before. "You see this?" I see him pulling something from his pocket.. a keychain, the couple keychain that i gave him. "I don't need this. You can keep it if you want to." He smirked and handed me his keychain. I stood frozen there, i can't even move my fingers.

 

     I was too shocked. I hear he chuckled. "What kind of expression is that? Did i hurt you?" He smirked. Is this person really Baekhyun? I gulped. "You're so funny, can't you even take it?" In some secons i though he's playing joke with me, when i want to yell at him. His serious face back, "Really? You don't want to take it?" He frown, confused. His face turn darker, and i don't even move any inch. "I said. Take it!" He pull my hand with force and try to open my hand.

 

    "No! Please don't! I'd told you to keep it before!" I finally cried and push him away.

 

    "Yes, i know you'd said that. But, this disgusting thing here, take a lots of space. I don't want keep it anymore." He said coldly. Of course he's lying, a small keychain can't take a lots of space. I keep on freezing on my spot and don't even move. I was shocked. A evil is standing right infront of me. Silence fill the roof.

 

    "Fine then." He finally speak up and smile cutely, i miss take smile but this smile is different. "huh?" I mumbled, confused. "You don't want to keep it too. Then let the wind keep it." His smile turn into a smirked, then he throw the keychain harshly to the corner of the roof. My eyes grow bigger than before because of what he just did.

     He.. He throw away my couple keychain? I ran to the corner of the roof to take the keychain and let out my tears flow out, i've hold my tears from the beginning. "What are you doing?! You're bad! Evil!" I scold Baekhyun.

 

     The wind become stronger and i feel some water drops from the sky, even the sky know how's my feeling, the rain come. Baekhyun start chuckled evilly, "I'd told you to take it yet you didn't. Why you called evil then?" I glared at him with my watery eyes, the rain drops become more and more hard falling to the ground, our uniform become wet now. His laugh disappear, and his smirked disappear too.

 

      "Leave me alone! Just remember there is no longer anything between us!" He shout at me, but i could feel sadness was slipped between his sentence. His face turn into a sad face too, he turn his head and leave me. I was going to say something, when he shout again.

     "From now on, don't you ever talk to me anymore!!"

 

     After he said that, he walk out of the roof. I cried, not because i'm hurt. Not because he throw away the thing that i gave to him. I cried not because he scolded me. I cried, because he leave me again and told me not to talk to him anymore. I thought he'd promise me not to leave me anymore. It was the worst words i had heard in my life, i feel my heart being stabbed and cutted into pieces. "Why.." I muttered, while crying.

 

     "Please, marry me when we grow up!"

     "Promise me! Once we'd turned 20, we'll get marry! If you break your promise, i'll never forgive you!"

     "Treasure it until we're married, okay? Couples with mine." I said as i give him, the couple keychain.

 

     "Soo Ra!!" I look up and I saw Yura panicked, Chanyeol, and EXO ran to me too. "Omo! Gwenchanha?" They're all look so worried to me. "What did that jerk did to my sister!" I hear Chanyeol muttered anggily, i bet he's ready to kill Baekhyun without thinking twice. "Oh my gosh! That Baekhyun is so death." Kyungsoo explode too. I calm them, i stop crying too and try to smile to them. "I'm fine. No need to hurt him." They take me inside the building and Kai even borrow me his jacket to dry me.

 

     I thank him and smile at him. "Don't force yourself to smile." Kai suddenly said and hug me, i was shocked. But i hug him back and cried, i feel so comfortable with his hug. Yura try to make me smile again but failed. "Let's go back to the dorm." Yura said sadly. I stand up and Kai help me, he's so kind. Everyone walk infront of us, some of EXO member even begging for permission to enter girls dorm for me.

 

      "How could she in love with that Baekhyun."  Kai mumbled and i heard him, but i keep on silence. Kai's face come closer to me and he whispher, "I love you, Soo Ra. Can't i replace his position?" He put his head in my shoulder and i shook slowly, he get up again to see my expression. Even if Baekhyun hurt me, i'll still love him.

 

     "Mianhae, Kai. No one can replace his place in my heart." I smile then bow to him, He stood there frozen in his spot, i leave him and walk to Yura.