Fortune Future

Sick Enough to Die

 

C hapter. 01

Fortune Future

 


Annyeong!

I'm so sorry for previous subbies

I'm editting this story, because i'm stuck on the sequel. I hope you don't mind reading it from the start, because i'd change some of the story's plot. But if you don't want to, you can unsubscribe, or even wait until i'd edit all of the chapters and turn the 'complete' sign on

Thank you~

 


Baekhyun's POV

 

     There's a time-limit on my life.

 

     Our story began when we were only 8 years old. "Baekhyun! Your heart beat so fast!" Soo Ra said, while putting the stethoscope on my chest. "Soo Ra, i don't know why. But my chest hurts a bit." I look at Soo Ra with my puppy eyes. Soo Ra shook her head slowly, "That was bad, Baekhyun. I should check you."

 

     "Open your pant."

 

     My eyes widden when she say that, "What?! No!" I shout while holding my pant strongly, "Listen to me, Baekhyun! Open. It. now!!" Soo Ra shout, keep on pulling my pant down. Soo Ra is stronger than me, i cried as i pull my pant, "Aniya, i'm done playing doctor with you! Nurse! Nurse!! Help me! Ahhh!" I keep on shouting while crying. But that doesn't make Soo Ra stop, she still trying to pull my pant down.

 

     A nurse who heard my shout run inside my room, her eyes widden when she look at Soo Ra and me. "Oh my! STOP RIGHT THERE, SOO RA!" She shout and help me by carrying Soo Ra away. I sobs, and hug the nurse. The nurse wip away my tears, and turn to Soo Ra who was pouting while crossing her arms. The nurse sighed, and start her lecture.

     "Soo Ra! Hospital is not a place for you to play, and you know Baekhyun should rest a lot right? Since your father is the owner of this hospital and also the heart surgeon in charge of Baekhyun, he want Baekhyun to get well soon. So help him, Soo Ra ah. Don't troll Baekhyun everyday! Now that you understand, can you please go home?"

 

     Soo Ra still crossing her arms, doesn't care about what the nurse say. "Aniya! I'll stay here!" She say stubbornly. "Ah!" Soo Ra yelled. Mr. Park, Soo Ra's father, just smack Soo Ra's head. "Ah! Doctor!" I greet him happily, he smile and ask me if i'm okay, and i nodded with a smile. "Okay, let me check on you." Mr.Park say and took his stethoscope from Soo Ra, "Ani, appa! Give me back my stethoscope!" Soo Ra yelled, and earn a glare from her father, "But it's mine!" Mr. Park said coldly, Soo Ra just pout with a hint of crying.

 

     "Good, Baekhyun. You're fine." Mr. Park say after checking my chest, i grin happily, "So that's mean, i can be a doctor when i grow up!" I said, Mr.Park nodded with a smile and he leave the room with the nurse. He had warn Soo Ra for not messing up with me again, or she can't come to the hospital anymore. I laughed when i see her shock face.

 

     Soo Ra sit on my bed, while i lay on it. "I never know that you want to be a doctor. Why?" She ask, bending her head a side cutely. "Whenever i saw your father, i feel there's hope for my life. I want to be a doctor, so i can safe many people's lifes." I grin widely, Soo Ra look at me, making an o-shape. "How about you, Soo Ra? What do you want to be?" I ask back.

 

     She smile and jump from my bed, "If you're going to be a doctor, i'll be the nurse! So we can be together, forever!" She turn half of her body to me, and smile cutely. I blushed, how can she say that she want to be with me forever easily. I don't understand why, but my heart beat faster. "I should go home now, i'll visit again tomorrow, Baekhyun!" She said and skip out of my room, after she has gone, i smile to myself before calling the nurse to help me brush my teeth before sleeping.

 

 

 

Your's POV

 

     I enter my house happily, think what game should i play with Baekhyun tomorrow. I was about to greet my parents when i heard their's conversation in the living room, "Soo Ra come again to the hospital, that's because you're not often to watch over her." My dad said to my mom while removing his tie, my mom scoff, "I'm busy with my work too. And, why does she want to go to the hospital so much?"

 

     "I think Soo Ra is interested in Baekhyun." My dad sighed, i walk slowly to the kitchen and hide behind the wall. Their conversation make me confused, is it wrong playing with Baekhyun? I saw my mom frown a bit, "Baekhyun?" She ask, and my dad start explaining to her. "That boy with a heart disease that i'd told you before. You remember when Soo Ra was only 6 years old? She doesn't has any friend, because she was to cold. And this Baekhyun was the first one who greet her, but then, a year after that Baekhyun get his heart disease."

 

     My mom's eyes widden, "That cute little boy, who's the same age as Soo Ra? I.. I feel sorry for him, but to be honest i don't like him being close with Soo Ra, because in the end Soo Ra will be hurt. Had you inform his parents?" My mom ask and my dad shook his head, I frown, it's getting so confusing now.

 

     "I'm agree with you, because he might not even live to the age of 20.."

 

     My eyes widden, i froze. Baekhyun, won't live until 20 years old? I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. Does that mean Baekhyun is going to die sooner than anyone? That's mean, i can't be with him forever. How can i live that way, no i don't want that! Baekhyun won't die, i should be dreaming. This isn't real! I slap my cheek, thinking that i'll wake up from this nightmare. But no, i'm still there. Standing behind the wall. I cried silently, and run to my room.

 

     I slam the door and jump to my bed, i cover my whole body with my blanket. Thinking about the future, the dark future without Baekhyun. My sobs getting louder, and that wake my brother up who was sharing bedroom with me. "Soo Ra ah? Are you okay?" I heard my brother's voice. "Nae, oppa." I said, trying to control my voice so my brother won't know that i'm crying right now. And in some minutes i'd drown to sleep, with my wet face.

 

 


 

 

     "ANIIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

 

     I force Baekhyun to open his mouth widely, "Come on, Baekhyun! Swallow this!! It said that you'll live for eternity if you eat this legendary mountain lizard!" I shout. Baekhyun cried while pushing me away, but i'm stronger than him, he know it too. "You'll get better if you eat this!!" I yelled, Baekhyun shock his head rappidly while crying loudly. "Please don't, Soo Ra! I'll die if i eat that!!" He look at me with his puppy eyes, but that doesn't stop me. When i think his mouth is wide enough, i release the lizard and it enter Baekhyun's mouth.

 

     "ARRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

 

     Baekhyun's high-pitch scream echoed is every part of the hospital, he vomit the lizard and wip his tongue, still crying. That cry baby. "Tch, that doesn't work? Okay! Try this legendary big centipede next!" I take a big centipede, and crawl to Baekhyun. "Nooo!! Stop that, Soo Ra! What's gotten in you?!" Baekhyun shout while hitting me with his pillow, i glare at him, "I'm going to cure you!"

 

     "I really appreciate that, Soo Ra. I hate bitter medicine, but doctor Park say i'll be fine with this medicine, i trust him. So you don't need to do this stupid things again, no need to worry about me, Soo Ra ah!" Baekhyun grin while showing his medicine, i lowerred my head a bit. I feel my eyes getting watery, but i can't show my tears to him.

 

     "B-but still! You'll get better even faster even you eat this legendary toad!!" I yelled stubbornly and force Baekhyun to open his mouth again, earning a louder shout from Baekhyun than before.

 

 


 

 

 

     "I heard you come to the hospital again, Soo Ra ah? You'd come there everyday, why don't you play with another kids from your school at the playground?" My dad say as he was reading his newspaper. I look at me dad, "Appa.. You don't like it, if i was close to Baekhyun?" I ask. My father stop reading, his eyes widden a bit. "What are you talking about, Soo Ra? Of course not." He said, and start reading again.

 

     There was silence, before i ask, "Baekhyun's disease. Appa will make him better soon, right?" I stuttered a bit when that question pop out of my lips, i'm really confused about my parent's conversation last night, i should make it clear. My dad keep silent. The silence between us was killing me, i could even hear my own heart pounding.

 

     "That's right. Of course, Baekhyun will be alright soon."

 

     My dad turn to me with a smile, my eyes widden in shock when i realise something. His smile, that smile, that he always made is Baekhyun ask about his disease. I didn't notice about that at the beginning. When appa lies, he smile.

 

 

     And now, he's smiling.