Air Time

Life On The Line

Chanhee had a love-hate relationship with airplane rides. He loved the 3-5 hour rides but he literally hated anything above 5 hours.

Despite the fact that they had a private jet all to themselves & having people serving them their every need, the plane ride to seoul to dublin lasted almost 12 hours. He also hated the fact that he had limited things to do, limited urinating space, just limited everything. The only thing entertaining throughout the whole plane ride was his wife going through the folder with their victims general information or reading magazines.

A sigh left his lips as he got up from the beige leather chair & started walking to ends from the hall. It was his 4th lap when he heard Taeyeon say something. “Are you really going to do that for the next 10 hours?” she asked, with her eyes still glued on some edition of her favorite magazine. “Well what do you want me to do?” Chanhee asked walking past her a bit. “I cant sit around & do nothing for 10 hours straight,” he continued. “Read a book. Sleep. Gaze upon the clouded scenery below us,” Taeyeon suggested as she turned a page.

Another sigh left him but this time it was out of irritability. He continued walking down the narrow hall. “Of all places, why Ireland?” he started to complain. He turned his head & looked at his wife. “Why couldnt it be somewhere with less travel hours?” Taeyeon then looked up & met his eyes. She then shrugged lightly & looked back at her magazine. “I dont know ask the boss.” she said, knowing that it was nearly impossible. “Oh I would if he just showed his damn self to us,” he said slightly aggravated.

"But he wont so what can you do about it?"

"Nothing…" Chanhee mumbled & walked towards her. Taeyeon lifted her head & looked at him, giving him a smile. "What a smart husband I have" she said, chuckling. Chanhee shook his head, letting out a chuckle himself & decided to take another round of walking down the hall.

Once the plane landed on Dublin’s International Airport, Chanhee put on his shades & followed Taeyeon out to the jet, down the stairs, & into the airport itself with their luggage following behind them.

Walking next to her, he turned his head to look at her. “So who are we suppose to meet here?” he asked. Taeyeon looked at him once she was done digging in her bag for a paper. “Some guy with a really long name,” she said.

Chanhee nodded. “So we’re meeting some-guy-with-a-really-long-name at the front?” he asked. Taeyeon let out a small chuckle & nodded. “He should be here already,” she said. Chanhee nodded again & continued walking towards the front of the airport with her.