Cruising in Silence

Life On The Line

As she sat inside the vehicle, she remembered exactly why she always let her husband choose the cars.

The interior of the car was of rich black leather and the front seats were heated and ventilated, as well as a heated steering wheel, the car prepared for any type of weather. There were red ambient lighting on the sides of the doors and on the ceiling, only adding to the beauty and classy aspects of the car. And of course, the technology of the car. A large screen in the dashboard in between the seats, containing the radio with a noise cancelling system, a GPS, and even a parking technology camera.

As she passed her fingers through the leather of her seat and underneath the lighting of the doors, she could only laugh to herself. She was enjoying the small moment of peace. It was just the two of them, cruising in silence, and neither of them were worrying about a thing. She looked at him, noticing how relaxed and unconcerned he appeared and it made her smile a bit more. She often wondered what their lives would be like if they had met as normal people, if they would have more of these small moments together then. A midst her thoughts, Chanhee spoke.

"Why are you looking at me? You’re making me nervous." He said with a slight chuckle.

"We’re married, you know. You should be used to this." She laughed once again, a bit more cheerfully this time. "No I was just thinking, how I wish we’d have more moments like these. Just us, nothing else going on. But then I thought, I like us just the way we are. Even our stupid arguments." She wanted to shiver; she didn’t like being cheesy or overly-romantic, but she found herself being like so often. "That’s all. I mean tomorrow we have to work. We don’t even have much of a plan except for what the driver told us, so I know once we arrive to the house, we’ll just work again." Not that she minded it. Any time with him was enjoyable, but as always she couldn’t help but wonder.

"I know, we’ll ask the boss for a break again. We’ve been working non-stop for 4 years now, I think we deserve it and they know it too." He nodded while pulling in the driveway of the large house they would live in for the duration of their mission. After parking and turning off the engine, he looked at Taeyeon. "But for now, let’s just do our best together." He leaned in to kiss her cheek, making her smile and forget of her worries momentarily. 

Once they went inside their residence, they quickly went to their room without stopping, taking out their laptops, the folder, and their individual bags which were hidden underneath their bed. Both of them placed their bags on the bed, opening them to reveal an array of weapons.

Taeyeon’s bag was mostly full of different types of guns, her favorite one being a sub-machine gun, but of course she had different types of knives and swords secured just in case she had to fight in close contact. Typically though, close contact or physical fighting was something Chanhee took care of. For that reason, though he had guns as well, he had more close-combat weapons, like knives or anything sharp since they were his favorites. 

The couple took a quick look and quick inventory of their weapons, choosing some and taking them out of the larger bag, and placing them in their respective smaller bags for their adventure in the morning. After securing them, they hid the larger bags back underneath the bed and opened their laptops, ready to look up information and think of a plan with the information the driver had graciously given them.

"Okay look up this guy in the archives baby and let’s see if what the driver told us about him is true and I’ll read things about Dublin. Maybe we’ll learn why his address is there yet he lives in the country." The female said, already scrolling through pages of detailed information over the city.