Least Expected

Life On The Line

The two men escorted Chanhee to the cell, where the male who was dressed in a suit had mentioned. Once they got there, his eyes started to wonder around the cell, examining each & every nook & cranny. The cell was almost below freezing & reeked of sweat & blood. The blood stains on the wall looked like they were painted on & from the looks of it; it seems to be a few days old. Some of the weapons they had looked like they were about to break any second.

Without a moments notice, the two men dragged him in & threw him against the wall. Chanhee slowly stood up & regain his posture when the two males then grab the nearest weapon & started to brutally beat him.

It took him a lot to get where he was now. During the beatings, he managed to fight back a few times, giving them a few good hits right on the jaw or kicked them right on their abdomen. However, every time he fought back, the beatings got twice as worse & severe then the last. Ultimately, all of his energy drained out of him & he gave up on fighting back, taking all the punches, kicking, & hitting.

After taking a couple more beatings on the back from a thick wooden board, Chanhee was now slightly laying on his side on the cold, concrete floor, breathing heavily & in great pain. Despite the cold temperature in the room, he was covered in his own sweat as well as long cuts on his arms & a few bruises near his lips.

The male with a lazy eye was about to hit him again, when a new male figure walked towards them. “That’s enough for now. The boss needs him,” the unknown male said, “She’s here.” This resulted on the other two to drop what they were holding & grabbed onto Chanhee’s arms once again, pulling him up. Once he was up, they dragged him out of the cell & into a narrow hallway. That hallway then led them straight into a couple red, metal doors. As they entered the slightly bright room, Chanhee lost his balance, triggering multiple pains from different spots on his body. A few grunts left him as the two males continued to drag him to the nearest pole, tying him there.

Chanhee kept his head down, obviously not wanting to make any eye contact with whoever was there & was even too tired to even lift his head. “Chanhee,” said a voice he can easily recognize. That voice gave him enough energy to lift his head & look right up at her. She was standing few feet away from him, looking as beautiful as ever. However something was off about her & Chanhee knew something was up once he laid his eyes on her. Usually she’d give him that smile he fell for as she walked towards him for an embrace. This time she looked at him, emotionless.

“Taeyeon,” he managed to say in a hushed tone & on cue the guards left, leaving him there with his wife & the man in the suit who he encountered earlier. He cleared his throat to amplify his voice more. “What are you doing here? Didnt I tell you to stay home?” he said in a half worried-half scolding tone. She then just shrugged. “I do what I want,” she said in a serious tone, taking him a back. “Remember that guy I left because of you?” she asked. He stayed quiet as she slightly turned her head to the side. He followed her gaze to the male, who was walking closer to her & wrapping his arm around her waist as a smirk was soon plastered on his face.

Anger quickly filled him up once he knew who he was. “Get your hands off her!”  Chanhee hissed at Howon, glaring at him as well. Howon laughed wholeheartedly, leaving him confused but his expression unchanging. The male looked back at Chanhee with a smirk. “Now why would I get my hands off someone that wasnt even yours in the first place?” Howon asked.

Confusion was written all over Chanhee’s face as he blinked, shifting his gaze back to his wife, whose arms were already wrapped around Howon, smirking at him. “What…” Chanhee muttered out. Taeyeon then clicked her tongue. “You dont get it do you Chanhee?” she asked him, shaking her head slightly. “You think I was in love with you?” she asked before letting a scoff. “I was never in love with you nor working for that idiot of a boss,” she confessed.

Howon then let go of her as he walked towards him. “I was working under the same boss as you but I got on his bad side. Your boss tried so hard to kill me but ended up failing so many times. Truth be told, I asked her to join to get closer to you, knowing you’re one of his best people. So I thought of a plan to use you to lure him in & I had to sacrifice my girl to you,” Howon said with a satisfied smirk. Taeyeon snickered from behind as she walked closer to Howon, leaning against him. “I swear, Chanhee I thought I’d have a hard time making you fall for me. I guess I was wrong,” Taeyeon said, looking at him emotionlessly.

Chanhee looked at her, hurt written all over his eyes. “But I thought…” he mumbled to himself, yet was still auditable. “Chanhee it’s called acting,” Taeyeon answered his unfinished question bluntly. Chanhee stayed quiet He didnt know what to say. What to react. All he did was just stayed quiet & stared right at her, wondering if she really felt like that. He then noticed her face expression soften a bit as she looked away.

Howon, who noticed her action, wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “Well we should really get going. We have so much to catch up on,” Howon said as he turned his head to look at her, “Dont we baby?” Taeyeon then looked back at man standing next to him, giving him a small smile & nodding in agreement. The two then turned their backs on him. At that moment, he could feel his heart break & his whole world being shattered with it. He made her his world & seeing that she’s walking away with another man made him feel even worse.

The guards came back in once the two started walking away. Chanhee didnt even noticed that they were back since all of his attention was at her & at her alone. “Wait… Taeyeon,” he said but was soon cut off when the guards untied his wrists, pushing him down on the floor. He was about to get up & go after her but one of the guards then kicked his abdomen quite hard, making him stay down as he let out a painful groan.

Being kicked, punched, even stabbed was something he was used to. It was part of his job & was easily curable. However that pain he was feeling emotionally was something he wasnt used to or let alone expected. He was being thrown away by the one person he loves more than anyone else in this entire world.

Nothing can even be compared to the pain he was feeling that Taeyeon had brought upon him.