Favorite?

Life On The Line

Chanhee stayed quiet while he listened to her telling her side of the story. Somehow every time she started a new sentence, it was like being stabbed with one of his knifes, making him feel twice as worse then before. All he wanted was to take the things he said back, however he knew that was impossible to do.

“I’m sorry…” he apologized again. “I was just really scared. I cant lose you, I cant lose us. I overreacted… & I’m sorry. I was angry at the fact that I could have lost you & I took it out on you & I shouldnt have. I cant even apologize enough…” he said soon frowning & closed his eyes. He couldnt even face her at the moment without feeling guilty for what he did. He was about to slide his arm off her waist to pull the covers over his head & stay there until he was needed, but then her voice caught his attention.

“Are you really sorry?” she asked. He opened his eyes to see her looking right at him, waiting for an answer. “I am. How can I prove it to you?” he asked. Once he asked, silence filled up the room once again, as she stared at him. After what seems to be a few minutes she finally spoke her conditions & terms. "Cook for me & let’s spend the rest of the day together. No games, no working, no shopping… Just the two of us, relaxing & being us."

He then quickly nodded, leaning forward to kiss her cheek. “Come on then,” he said before he sat up & moving to the edge of the bed. He then searched where he last placed his boxers while Taeyeon got off of the bed as she went ahead & took the covers to cover herself. Once he found them, he put them on & walked towards the bedroom door, turning the knob & opening the door.

As soon as he opened the door, he noticed that dusk was slowly turning into nightfall. Being slightly cautious with his steps, he stepped out into the hallway & walked towards the halls light switch.

Once he reached the switch, he turned the hall lights on, providing him enough light for him to see his path. He walked down the stairs & soon into the living room where most of the afternoon’s events were held. He then noticed the clothes on the floor & decided to pick them up. Considering the fact that he was beyond tired from everything that happened earlier & that he was the laziest bastard out there when it comes to house work, he used his right foot to pick the pieces of fabric up.

After putting a shirt over his arm, he was about to pick another one but a voice stopped him. “Babe, just leave them there. I’ll do it,” he heard her in a distance. He turned his head to the staircase & saw her walk down, only wearing one of his shirts. “You sure?” he asked as he left the shirt in the nearest place, which was the stair railing. She then nodded in response.

“What do you want me to make?” he asked, eyes still on her. He then asked a question that was only understood between the two of them “Favorite?”

“Yeah,” she said followed with a nod & a smile. “Got it,” he said, smiling back at her before going to the kitchen.