Crime on the First Day

Life On The Line

As they walked, Taeyeon looked at every male around, trying to decipher whether or not they recognized her or Chanhee. It was aggravating enough that she couldn’t pronounce and much less recognize the last name of their driver, but also that they didn’t know what he looked like. Back in Korea, they had all of this information and were able to carry everything out smoothly. “So this is why he’s letting us have more time to do this…” She muttered under her breath.

It took ten minutes for them to reach the front of the airport. Before they even had time to breathe, a man approached them, asked their names and introduced himself. Taeyeon, being the careful girl that she usually was, checked in the folder for the last name, noticing how the pronunciation and spelling were clearly similar. She then gave a small nod towards her husband, letting him know that the man was safe. 

"Some-guy-with-a-really-long-name" then took their bags and walked to a taxi-cab, which made Taeyeon laugh because she knew this was just another one of their boss’ attempt to keeping them incognito. Once both got inside and once they were away at a safe distance, some-guy-with-a-really-long-name” looked at them. “Mr and Mrs Lee, it’s a pleasure to meet you both.” He spoke in perfectly fluent Korean, surprising both counterparts who then looked at each other with wide eyes. “You didn’t expect your boss to let you be this clueless in a foreign country did you?” He laughed after noticing their reactions.

"Call me Namhae, I realize you both don’t recognize my native name but use my adoptive one per say. Either way, we’re on the way to your residence. The boss told me you both should take today off to relax and maybe come up with a plan with my help since I’ll only be here for today. I have more information for you both once we reach your residence for the next few weeks and we’ll talk more freely there." He said while looking at the rear-view mirror with a smile towards them, later looking back to the front.

The couple kept silent for a few minutes, thinking of what important questions to ask with the limited time that they had. “Well I guess the first thing is, what’s an easy way to get a car around here, other than the airport?” Taeyeon asked. This made Namhae laugh more as he thought and misjudged Taeyeon for being rather innocent. “You steal it. There’s no other way for you to get a car and you definitely don’t want to rent it with all the damage it could possibly get.”

And so at night, instead of doing what every typical couple should be doing, they found themselves around the streets near their house, looking for a car worthy to steal. "See anything you like?" She asked Chanhee, knowing that ultimately the victim car would be his choice.