Another Folder

Life On The Line

Before they knew it, their break has ended. In that one week, for the first time throughout their whole marriage, they did what normal married couples do when they're in a foreign country. They went out, explored, get lost, laughed about it, bought a dictionary, tried foods they never knew existed & many other things. However, good things must come to an end & with the occasional planning they crammed up during & after their break; they were able to come up with a solid plan. They both knew that they had to work fast now since time was slowly running out. They had exactly two weeks & a half to relocate the guy, pull their plan off & kill him.

They were going through with their plan again, step by step. Just to get a review who's doing what. In the middle of their conversation, they heard a few knocks on the door, interrupting them. Their eyes then averted to the door, staring at it & by then the knocks had stopped. Chanhee looked at his wrist watch to find that it was pass 11:30. He then got up & looked at Taeyeon. “Stay here. I’ll go see who it is,” he said. Taeyeon then nodded & looked back at the door as Chanhee walked towards it. He held onto the door knob, twisting the knob to pull it open.

He opened the door slightly to peak at the small opening to see who it was but no one was there. Confusion struck him as he opened the door more, stepping out of the household & started to look around. “The hell….” He mumbled to himself & was about to step back in when he saw a folder in front of the door way. He stared at it for a while then bent down to get it. “We’re not even done killing this irish guy… really,” he said to himself & let out a small sigh. He then walked back in the house, closing the door behind him, still looking at the folder. Once he stepped in he heard his wife speak up. “Another one?” she asked in a surprised tone. He then nodded. “But we arent even done with this mission…” she continued. All he could do was shrug. He lifted his head up to look at her. “What can we do about it?” he asked the question he’s been itching to ask her since they first got the irish mans folder. “Nothing…” she mumbled. He then let a soft chuckle before he opened the folder to see what the contents were.

He looked in the folder & was expecting to see multiple papers, but this time it was just a small piece of paper with a picture of a warehouse. He raised his eyebrow as he picked the small note.

Chanhee,

Meet me at this warehouse at exactly 12:30.

Boss

Below the note was the address as to where the warehouse was. He stared at the address, wondering why their boss would want to see him. Questions then started to pile up on his mind. He continued to stare at the address then felt someone poking his side. He blinked & turned his head to see Taeyeon looking at him worried. “Huh?” he managed to say. “You ohkae?” she asked, “I’ve been calling you a couple times but you just stared at that folder.” She then looked at the folder. “Who are we killing after the irish man?” she asked again.

He looked at her. “No one. The boss just wants to meet me at some warehouse” he said as he handed the folder to her so she could look at it. She then looked at the wall clock then back at him. “Why only you though?” she asked quietly. All he could do was shrug. “I should go though. Get to ask him why, of all places, he chose Ireland,” he said as he went to get his jacket. Taeyeon was quiet for a while, thinking to herself. She then spoke once again when he came back.

“Babe you should bring something with you. Just to make sure…,” she said with a worried tone. He looked at her as he pushed the jackets sleeves up, an inch away from his elbow. “I’ll be fin—“ she then cut him off. “Please?” she said, looking right at him. He then let a small sigh then nodded in agreement. He then watched her as she went up stairs to the bedroom. After a few minutes have passed, she handed him a pistol & one of his shiving knives. He looked at them then back at her. “Do I have to choose one or are you making me take both?” he asked. “I’m making you take both” she said.

“Maybe I should follow you…” she continued. He shook his head, placing both his hands on her cheeks. “No you stay here. It’s safer here anyways. I’ll be back before you know it” he reassured her. He started to his thumb against her cheek softly. “Ohkae?” She nodded, giving him a small smile. He leaned in & kissed her softly for a moment. He then pulled away from the kiss, taking the gun & knife off her hands before walking towards the door to put his shoes on.

“Be careful Chanhee” she told him before he turned the knob of the door to walk out. He looked at her. “When am I not?” he said as he flashed a smile at her. “I’m being serious,” she said trying to keep a straight at his comment. “Ohkae ohkae, I will,” he said as he waved at her. “See you later.” She then waved back & nodded before he closed the door.

He walked towards the car & got in, putting the folder that was brought to him earlier as well as his weapons on the passengers seat. He then drove out of the driveway & to wherever this warehouse was.