Night To Themselves

Life On The Line

Before going to the kitchen, Taeyeon looked around the living room/hallway, picking up the pieces of clothing they had left there. The action made her laugh, simply because she thought it was so like Chanhee to be lazy towards house chores, but she found it amusing and didn’t mind it at all, at least not in the moment. She was specially happy over the fact that he wasn’t angry at her, and understanding why he had acted angry when in reality he wasn’t also helped her mood tremendously.

As she walked back down the stairs, Chanhee had already started to cook. Taeyeon stepped in quietly, sitting on one of the stools by a counter overlooking the kitchen. Directly to her sight was her shirtless husband and her eyes were fixated on his back; it was one of her favorite body features on him and she particularly enjoyed seeing how his muscles moved, showcasing his extremely fit body. Without much thought, she stood up from her seat, moving over towards him and placing her hand on his lower back, trailing two of her fingers up the middle of his spine until reaching the base of his neck.

"What are you doing? I can’t focus on what I’m doing now…" He said while staring at the stove, trying not to focus on her touch. "Sorry, you know how I feel about your back. You should have thought about that before cooking shirtless." She then placed a soft kiss on the left side of his neck, chuckling softly as he remained frozen. "Honestly I’m trying to hold back on kissing your back, don’t complain." She nodded, later wrapping her arms around him and resting her hands on his bottom abs, placing her head on his right shoulder and smiling, observing. "You’re really distracting me though." He said, slowly starting to cook again. "I know, I’m sorry. I’ll just stay like this and move around with you." She nodded, sighing happily. "You’re one strange woman…" He said, chuckling softly.

After what felt like short minutes to Taeyeon, Chanhee turned off the stove. “Finished already? I wasn’t ready to let go.” She said, slightly pouting as she removed her arms from him, stepping away to leave him space. “Go sit at the table, I’ll bring everything over.” Taeyeon followed his orders, sitting down at a chair by the table, pulling down the shirt over her body to cover her thighs as he walked over. As he moved closed, the aroma of her favorite plate, Fettuccine with Alfredo sauce and chicken, moved closer to her as well, making water. “Bon appetit Mrs. Lee” he smiled, placing a plate in front of her and another across. He then sat down, distributed their utensils and began to eat.

Soon after both finished their delicious meal, the couple decided to go along with their plan of relaxing by watching a movie. Because both had different tastes, they knew to play “Rock, Paper, Scissors” to decide who would be choosing the genre for the night’s movie. To Chanhee’s distress, Taeyeon had won the game, and he knew there was the possibility he could be forced to watch a romantic-comedy. But Taeyeon knew he hated those types of movies, and because she wanted him to enjoy their time together, she instead chose to watch the first Hangover movie, one that they both enjoyed.

And they watched their movie contentedly and comfortably, her head resting on the side of his chest while he had an arm around her. It seemed that they were just like any other couple; they were laughing with no worries clouding their minds, seemingly without cognition of the fight they had just gotten through. It wasn’t surprising though, even in such small moments, they felt an immense love for each other that would heal all their wounds.

When the movie had finished, they engaged in conversation and both remained in their position. But once a topic died down, they looked at each other silently, the male leaning in to give a soft and sweet kiss to her lips, which they broke only when Taeyeon had lost her breath. With a soft chuckle, he placed his right hand on the side of her cheek, caressing the area with his thumb. As he did this, his eyes focused on her features. It wasn’t enough that he fell in love for her personality, but her beauty was an added-bonus that truly took his breath away. He loved her eyes the most, not only because they were beautiful, but because her eyes always deceived her and portrayed every emotion she felt. And at the moment, her eyes portrayed love, one that was deep enough that only he could understand.

And it made him happy every single time. And every single time, he felt like a young boy who had first fallen in love. And every single time, he felt indescribably happy and Taeyeon was no different. “I love you” he whispered, causing his wife to smile. “I know… all you’ve done this entire time is prove to me that. I hope I’ve done the same… I love you so much.” She smiled, a soft pink tint appearing on her cheeks. He knew she was embarrassed by admitting her feelings so easily, and he found it more than adorable when she couldn’t help but do it since she was overwhelmed with the love they felt for each other.

"Can we stay for the rest of the week?" He asked suddenly. "I think we deserve it… we can work at home, little by little. But I’d like to do this for the rest of the week." He nodded, slightly surprising Taeyeon. "I’d be more than happy to do that, I would love to actually." She smiled wider than before, appreciating the idea.

"That means no nagging at me for sleeping late, we have nowhere to go anyways." He laughed when Taeyeon’s expression changed to one of mock annoyance, and she took one of the pillows of the couch and started hitting his chest softly, repeatedly. "Yah, I don’t want to wake up and feel alone most of the day! You’re sleeping when I do!" She laughed, hitting him more. "Hey! This isn’t fair, give me the pillow!" He said, struggling to intercept one of her hits to take the pillow. Instead, Taeyeon stood up. "Make me" she said, sending him a wink before running away towards the stairs. The male laughed, quickly running behind her and catching up to her with ease.