The Accident

Life On The Line

As quickly as they had started running, Taeyeon moved swiftly in between the gate and ran directly to the back open window, looking inside of it for security purposes. Once she noticed that no one was there, she jumped up, holding on to the side mounts of the window and pulling herself up to climb inside. “I hate being short….” she mumbled while walking slowly towards the closed door. Slowly opening it without making a sound, she looked out into the hall, noticing more than 5 guards walking quickly through it, in alarm because of the turned off security.

As soon as Taeyeon noticed this, she quickly hid behind the door. She waited until she heard no more footsteps or voices and looked in between the cracks of the doors for confirmation. She then quickly stepped out, walking carefully and slowly through the outskirts of a very long and very decorated hall, making no sound. She walked peacefully for around 30 seconds before more guards started making their way down the hall, and she took cover by hiding behind one of the ceiling-to-floor columns. Deciding not to move, she focused on listening to the footsteps of the men and calculated when to move. As usual, she rotated her head to look at her surroundings, moving afterwards

She continued this process until localizing another room. As she started to step towards it, she heard the sound of other guards walking by, and by mistake as she turned to locate them, she pushed a flower vase down to the floor with her backpack, causing it to break and make a relatively loud noise when compared to the previous silence. In no time, two of the guards walked over, giving no time for Taeyeon to move away. As soon as he walked over, Taeyeon started running down the hall, her breathing hiking as she realized she had just endangered herself. “Hey get back here!” Both yelled while running after her, one of them calling the other guards with his earpiece.

Looking back, Taeyeon noticed he was quickly gaining up on her, and she pushed herself to run as fast as she could but it didn’t make much of a difference. “Babe, help me…” She said while running, though thankfully she didn’t have to wait for help. It wasn’t until a few seconds later that she saw her husband running towards her, extending his hand so they could run together. She stopped and took his hand, instantly being pulled into running again. Soon enough, they noticed the rest of the guards come out, blocking every window, door, and hall they could see.

This caused the couple to stop, and they both instinctively looked around the room, trying to find a way to escape. Almost immediately, he found a window completely unguarded and without speaking, he tightened his grip on Taeyeon’s hand and ran towards it. He then let go of her when they reached it, stepping to the side and looking at Taeyeon. Without much thought, she quickly jumped out of the window, breaking the glass. While falling, she quickly covered her head, protecting herself from the glass shatters and the impact. She waited until her husband followed behind, whom almost got caught by the guards.

Taking only a few seconds to recover from the impact, they both stood up and started running towards the wooded area around them, avoiding the gate and the guards watching it. Without looking back, they kept running until he felt they were a safe distance away. When he stopped, he looked back, noticing no one and not hearing a sound but instead of remaining, he started walking slowly while still holding onto his wife’s hand.

They both walked in silence, Taeyeon from exhaustion and slight fear, while Chanhee kept over-thinking. He couldn’t get over the catastrophe that would have happened if he hadn’t found her, and the thought of anything happening made him angry, and he was suddenly angry at her for being careless and not following his instructions. With a grunt, he removed his hand from her and walked quicker forward, avoiding her and trying not to snap.

Sadly because Taeyeon was distracted and in her own little world, she didn’t notice. However, she did become aware that they had been running with no sense of direction. “Hey… I think we’re lost…” She said while grimacing, knowing that he would be annoyed at the fact. But what he said next was something she didn’t expect.

"Well we wouldn’t be in this situation if it wasn’t for you."